If Kiev quick victory was Russia's goal why commit only 1/10th its army there?

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
I will continue to point out the sheer stupidity of western media that Russia intended some quick victory over Kiev.

They only send fewer than 20 BTGs out of 175BTGs to Kiev region NW and NE (Churnihiv).

Why? If that was their first target then why?

Obviously wasn't their plan to begin with.

I will continue to point out the sheer stupidity of western media that Russia intended some quick victory over Kiev.

They only send fewer than 20 BTGs out of 175BTGs to Kiev region NW and NE (Churnihiv).

Hey, congratulations on this one.

Your guys are very, very brave.

Hey, congratulations on this one.

Your guys are very, very brave.

Maybe Zelensky will think twice before wasting other people's lives. As if the US doesn't drop bombs on civilians. So sad you only care about white people.

But to me Ukrainians aren't white enough. So fuck them

Operational logistics capability? Say a particular country has 1300 fighter aircraft does that mean they have 1300 fighter aircraft ready to leave the tarmac @ any one minute in time? Mechanical/electrical & even computer systems repair & upgrades may have 3-4% of those fighter aircraft temporarily out of service. Then there is the human factor like availability of pilots, maintenance crews, ordinance crews etc. that could potentially see another 3-4% drop in fighter aircraft availability @ any one moment. Add in a possible break in the supply chain for replacement parts not to mention lost fighter aircraft & the all critical trained pilots lost with those fighter aircraft due to combat & on a really bad day, a possible 5-6% more fighter aircraft could be lost. The above example would produce a loss/damaged(temporarily out of action) ratio of between 11-14% of available fighter aircraft @ any one time. As the scene plays out the truth always comes out but that truth MAY be 180 degrees different one way or the other than anticipated. It's called the "fog of war".

If 9/10ths of their army is elsewhere how can you claim their objectives are anywhere but where they sent most of their forces
There is no explanation needed, you are just wrong (again). Nearly 2/3 of the invasion force was targeting Kiev. The Russian forces attacked from the north and the east. There were about 60 BTG's involved in the attempt to take Kiev.

These are the maps from April 1. 2 days after the order to retreat was given.

april1kiev.jpgapril1sumy.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back