If Jesus Christ materialized in front of you and proved to you that he is the son of God...

1624856582009.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

...would you follow him?
I don't need Him to stand in front of me to prove anything. I already follow Him. I just don't thump a bible and proclaim to the world my beliefs..or my love.
You don't want to share his word with others? Why not?
Because it's personal and between me and Him. I don't much care for thumpers. I refuse to be one. Most are two faced and don't practice what they preach.

• Banned
...would you follow him?
I don't need Him to stand in front of me to prove anything. I already follow Him. I just don't thump a bible and proclaim to the world my beliefs..or my love.
Because it's personal and between me and Him. I don't much care for thumpers. I refuse to be one. Most are two faced and don't practice what they preach.

Do you consider the apostles to be "thumpers"?

What would Jesus want want from me? I'm not built for blind obedience.
From what I have gathered, to sell/get rid of all your earthly possessions and spread his word. Unlike the Christians we see on this message bored. And the OP for that matter.
No, one is not required to give away all of their possessions to follow Christ.

Well, there'd have to be a lot of questions.

Like, how would he prove he's the son of God?
In this scenario it's a given he's done it. I mean, proved means proved.

Well, I think the problem here is that "prove" means different things to different people.

What would you do if he came down and told you Mohammed was correct, and Islam was the one true religion?

...would you follow him?

If you are a follower of Jesus it's not really "personal" though. It's a command: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age."--Matthew 28:19-20

As for thumpers: every single ONE is two-faced. Not a single one of us can proclaim Jesus Christ and "practice what we preach".

That's why He had to die.

What would Jesus want want from me? I'm not built for blind obedience.
From what I have gathered, to sell/get rid of all your earthly possessions and spread his word. Unlike the Christians we see on this message bored. And the OP for that matter.
No, one is not required to give away all of their possessions to follow Christ.
Only if one wishes to be 'complete'.

Jesus said to him, If you have a desire to be complete, go, get money for your property, and give it to the poor, and you will have wealth in heaven: and come after me
Too, definitely not as an American Christian. Why, that's as good as heresy...

What would you do if he came down and told you Mohammed was correct, and Islam was the one true religion?
You mean after he'd proved he was the son of god then told me that Mohammed was correct in that he was not?

I'd recommend a good logic class for him.

Forum List

Back