If I were a coal executive

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
When are the environmentalists going to learn that opposing new technology means that people have to use the old stuff, which is worse.

There are plenty of links, go educate yourself.

If I were a coal executive I wouldn’t worry about a solar and wind revolution (see Germany’s Energiewende) or President Obama putting me out of business. I’d be worried about the shale gas revolution (and I’d hope environmentalists were successful in stopping it).
If I were a coal executive, I’d want fear to continue dominating public discussion of nuclear power. I’d want nuclear reactors to remain prohibitively expensive. And I’d want climate hawks to keep chasing green energy pixie dust.
If I were a coal executive, I’d root against state-of-the-art nuclear technology. I’d worry if a new documentary that punctured widely held myths and misinformation about nuclear power was taken seriously within the environmental movement. I’d be reassured by the dismissive (talk the hand!) reaction to it by greens and climate hawks.

If I Were a Coal Executive - Collide-a-Scape | DiscoverMagazine.com

I'd be fighting tooth and nail.

For the untold millions that taxpayers have sunk into failed "green" initiatives, a relatively clean coal industry could have been well on its way... preserving jobs (what? get a job!?) and contributing to genuine economic growth in this country. Real GDP, real industrial growth, real taxes for local state and federal coffers.

Hydrocarbons - they're not just for breakfast anymore....

For the untold millions that taxpayers have sunk into failed "green" initiatives, a relatively clean coal industry could have been well on its way... preserving jobs (what? get a job!?) and contributing to genuine economic growth in this country. Real GDP, real industrial growth, real taxes for local state and federal coffers.

I hope so...

I wasn't trying to prove a point or anything with my comment btw.

Just saying that I'd abandon it all for a hammock in the bahamas in a heartbeat if money wasn't an issue. So coal executive? Maybe by 40 I'd be able to do that?

Last edited:

I hope so...

I wasn't trying to prove a point or anything with my comment btw.

Just saying that I'd abandon it all for a hammock in the bahamas in a heartbeat if money wasn't an issue. So coal executive? Maybe by 40 I'd be able to do that?

You owe no explanation around here.

But me I'd rather fight... for the right... to party. :beer:

I'm an oil executive, and I think it's about time for a "Million Barrel March" on Washington.

And we'll bring coal executives with us for their "Million Coal-Ton March"

And Natural Gas executives for their "Million BTU March"

Hydrocarbons rule the roost. It's not the other way around, you sorry fuckers.

I'm an oil executive, and I think it's about time for a "Million Barrel March" on Washington.

Much luck to you Mr. H!

Yours is possibly the only opinion that has changed my mind about anything on this site. You don't yell and you use reason.

Many environmental issues still concern me but from a completely different perspective. Thought you should know!

Much luck to you Mr. H!

Yours is possibly the only opinion that has changed my mind about anything on this site. You don't yell and you use reason.

Many environmental issues still concern me but from a completely different perspective. Thought you should know!

Notwithstanding my alcohol-fueled racial epithets and profanity-laden rants. :beer:

There's no such thing as clean coal.

There's no such thing as clean coal.

There's no such thing as clean "green" ya stupid shit.

Coal is capable of being combusted with inconsequential impact to the environment.
The lack of any effort by this administration to mitigate coal emissions through the implementation of advanced technologies is a crime in itself. Yet, Obama insists on throwing away our tax dollars by pumping billions into failed "green" endeavors.

fid.jpg

Forum List

Back