if Harris has to take over for Biden who will be VP?

if biden has to step down for health reasons who will be harris's VP ?? would it be pelosi ?
Trump is president still..........
mail3.gif

mail.gif

gif.gif

Last edited:
if biden has to step down for health reasons who will be harris's VP ?? would it be pelosi ?

The 25th Amendment tells you the protocol. The new President would nominate a new VP, like when Ford nominated Rockefeller who was confirmed by both houses of Congress.

If they fail to get someone confirmed, the Speaker of the House remains next in line for the Presidency but is not VP.

She would appoint a new VP and congress would approve that person.

Just as LBJ appointed a new VP when he became president when JKF was assassinated.

Just as nixon appointed a new VP when asgnew resigned in disgrace.

Just as ford appointed a new VP when nixon resigned in disgrace.

Just as LBJ appointed a new VP when he became president with JKF was assassinated.

Just as ford did when nixon resigned in disgrace.

LBJ didn't appoint a new VP at all in 1963. He went without a Veep until his election and inauguration in 1965,

Just as LBJ appointed a new VP when he became president when JKF was assassinated.

LBJ never named a VP replacement. The 25th amendment didn't take effect until after his term.

I don't think so. I believe the 25th amendment covers that:

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

What an utter disaster. Harris as president would be bad enough. Anyone she would nominate would be a complete flake, but without a confirmed nomination, crazy nut Pelosi would effectively be VP. I am astounded that 70+million people in this country would vote for this likely fiasco.

How about you worry about the Biden presidency first.

and no. Not owlish, hack
We are worried about a Biden presidency.
I presume you will avoid taxes by taking all of the eligible exemptions while you're criticizing Trump for doing the same.

LBJ never named a VP replacement. The 25th amendment didn't take effect until after his term.

There's requirement that the VP pick be delayed until the next election in the 25th amendment. So if he did wait to bring in Humphrey, there's nothing in the 25th amendment that required it.

and no. Not owlish, hack
I presume you will avoid taxes by taking all of the eligible exemptions while you're criticizing Trump for doing the same.

It is likely many of Biden voters don't worry much about taxes. Many of them are kids without incomes or adults on the dole.

and no. Not owlish, hack

It is likely many of Biden voters don't worry much about taxes. Many of them are kids without incomes or adults on the dole.
Which is why they voted for free shit from the Old, Rich Honkys like us.

Forum List

Back