If gun control were about gun control - why can't you buy ballistic shields?

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
Last I looked - ballistic shields of the highest protection were controlled more heavily than guns. Why?

Don't they want us to be able to defend ourselves? Or is it about militarized police being able to attack you unmolested?

It's strange to me that the same woke-transgender-gays who want to take away your guns won't allow you to buy a ballistic shield without licensing.

It's almost as if they don't want you to protect yourself....from their gun-toting militarized-police who want to force your kids to have gaysex in 4th grade.

Prove me wrong.

If you are one of the ones representing the gun toters then we are in dire need of a good Red Flag Warning Law.

It's strange to me that the same woke-transgender-gays who want to take away your guns won't allow you to buy a ballistic shield without licensing.

can you provide some support a license is required to buy one?

• Banned
can you provide some support a license is required to buy one?
Eh it's a gray area but it's more "illegal" to own level IV body armor of any type. For instance - going to a protest is OK. Going to a protest in level IV body armor is a felony. It comes down to prosecutorial discretion, where a prosecutor can argue that level IV body armor at a protest is "NOT LEGITIMATE USE". And as a civilian there is no legitimate use. Going to a MacDonald's in body armor is no more legitimate than taking a hunting rifle to MacDonald's. Are you going to shoot the burgers?

That's the gist of it. But the problem is WHY IS IT MORE ILLEGAL aka criminalized?

No one gives a shit about most body armor out there. Buying Level III+ or less is like owning a weight vest and is just about as good. Ballistic shields are the most controversial for obvious reasons....they are extremely effective additions to firepower protection.

Eh it's a gray area but it's more "illegal" to own level IV body armor of any type. For instance - going to a protest is OK. Going to a protest in level IV body armor is a felony. It comes down to prosecutorial discretion, where a prosecutor can argue that level IV body armor at a protest is "NOT LEGITIMATE USE". And as a civilian there is no legitimate use. Going to a MacDonald's in body armor is no more legitimate than taking a hunting rifle to MacDonald's. Are you going to shoot the burgers?

That's the gist of it. But the problem is WHY IS IT MORE ILLEGAL?

No one gives a shit about most body armor out there. Buying Level III+ or less is like owning a weight vest and is just about as good. Ballistic shields are the most controversial for obvious reasons....they are extremely effective additions to firepower protection.

Yet it is legal to own an assault vehicle with armor plating.

• Banned
If you are one of the ones representing the gun toters then we are in dire need of a good Red Flag Warning Law.
You bore me with your homosexuality. The day of abortionist-transgender-pedophiles teaching kids about gay sex is coming to an end. Be afraid.

While not in the market for it, am a weapons enthusiast and carrier. That's pretty interesting info, in post and supplied ink. I had not gone into any of that info even for familiarization in probably 10 years. Thanks

While not in the market for it, am a weapons enthusiast and carrier. That's pretty interesting info, in post and supplied ink. I had not gone into any of that info even for familiarization in probably 10 years. Thanks
I and my kids collect military memorabilia from past wars. Mu eldest collects current military equipment and weapons.

I and my kids collect military memorabilia from past wars. Mu eldest collects current military equipment and weapons.
Yep. Couple of more on here, that do, also. There are some serious collectors on here, people I figure you could trust with anything they have, probably trust them on my flank.

You bore me with your homosexuality. The day of abortionist-transgender-pedophiles teaching kids about gay sex is coming to an end. Be afraid.

Time to place you in the Gracie file. Say goodnight, Gracy.

Forum List

Back