if god were to come today

I am still trying to figure out Gods game here.

First he creates us ignorant of him

Then there is a proclaimation that tell us to find the true God

Then God allows the flooding of false propaganda that suggests this is god, that is god--even different methods of how to praise and worship God

And at the end, God comes back and seperate those that guess correctly from those that guessed incorrectly and bring those that correctly back home with him and make the others suffer.

All I can say is--what gives "GOD"?

the simple solution to your problem is john 3:16,21

Hey froggy, got an early Christmas present for you

BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

Let see,

"John 3:16-21 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

King James Version (KJV)

But this does not explain why there is Buddhism, Hinduism, Confusism, Taoism, Juddaism, Taoism, Shamanism, Hellenicism, Zoastrianism, Jainism, nativism plus all the other religions and cults that exist today.

All I am saying is simply this--why can't god give us poor souls a break. Maybe it is because there is no god, and it is a bunch of BS that a couple people made up over time.

Of course that is just one idea-there could be other reasons!!

Then God allows the flooding of false propaganda that suggests this is god, that is god--even different methods of how to praise and worship God

And at the end, God comes back and seperate those that guess correctly from those that guessed incorrectly and bring those that correctly back home with him and make the others suffer.

BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

Let see,

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

King James Version (KJV)

But this does not explain why there is Buddhism, Hinduism, Confusism, Taoism, Juddaism, Taoism, Shamanism, Hellenicism, Zoastrianism, Jainism, nativism plus all the other religions and cults that exist today.

All I am saying is simply this--why can't god give us poor souls a break. Maybe it is because there is no god, and it is a bunch of BS that a couple people made up over time.

i'm just saying if after you die and it comes out i'm right you won't be able to point at me and say i didn't warn you.

i'm just saying if after you die and it comes out i'm right you won't be able to point at me and say i didn't warn you.

I am gonna amp down my Atheistic convictions(ie fanatical belief in no god(supernatural sense)) to a wavering agnotiscism and ask:

How do you know which religion is true??

Tell me, is it because your parents and the people around you practice it?

Is it because you "found yourself"? That is, you have assign yourself an identity through this particular philosphical perception of reality?

Are you so convinced by the scriptures that you can same, without a doubt, that the other claims are all false??

Have you even looked at some of the others claim and compared them to your own religious claims?
(This takes a long time,and it does not help to have other religous books thicker than the bible to look through. Toss in no practioners to organize it for you and you would begin to understand literary hell!!)

Let me add one thing about truth and lies:

Truth need no believers, just like atheism!!

A Religion dies when there are no believers, the same can be said about lies!

You know.......to my way of thinking, an atheist is a person sitting around the house, watching American Idol, while denying the existence of electricity. I mean, you can't see it, so therefore, it doesn't exist, right?

i'm not here to say whos is what when the judgement comes god will do that. but as for me i believe jesus christ to be the only way.

i'm not here to say whos is what when the judgement comes god will do that. but as for me i believe jesus christ to be the only way.

So, what happens if you believe in HaShem more than Yeshua? Does that mean you are doomed to eternity in hell because you didn't believe in Yeshua?

You do realize that HaShem is Yeshua's dad, right?

Conscience gives. It has been with you since birth. What have you learned from it?

There is no God??

Of Course there is God!!!!!!! He gave you a Conscience to use, not abandon!!! :):):):):)

You know.......to my way of thinking, an atheist is a person sitting around the house, watching American Idol, while denying the existence of electricity. I mean, you can't see it, so therefore, it doesn't exist, right?

You can prove the existance of electricity(proof of existance--not"see" because there are alot of things we cannot see.)

(Most) Gods are created through Hand waving and make believe. Same stuff as fairytales!

Let see,

King James Version (KJV)

Does "Shut up and do your home work" work for you? Does "clear your plate" do it?

Let's play "cause and effect", get good at it, clear up the loose ends, and then have this conversation.

Run with what you know, with both eyes open. A Purpose driven life. :)

You can prove the existance of electricity(proof of existance--not"see" because there are alot of things we cannot see.)

(Most) Gods are created through Hand waving and make believe. Same stuff as fairytales!

Talk about Fairy tales, how long before we got magnetic theory to where it is now, or electricity. Theories get turned on their heads all too often in science.

Talk about Fairy tales, how long before we got magnetic theory to where it is now, or electricity. Theories get turned on their heads all too often in science.

I agree, theories and ideas do get turned on their heads--and not just in Science!

So why do you think the ideas about God and religion are so sturdy? Because,in Theology, we guessed right on the first try?

Yep..........when electricity was first noticed, it was said to be God or some other deity who was throwing their power to the earth.

Eventually, it became God bowling............

Now? We know it's the way that the universe works, as certain events in a certain order make certain things happen.

Yes.......you CAN prove the existence of God. Only trouble is, when God shows us where He's at, most people generally discount it as "coincidence".

Like I said......the atheist is the one watching television while denying the existence of electricity.

I agree, theories and ideas do get turned on their heads--and not just in Science!

So why do you think the ideas about God and religion are so sturdy? Because,in Theology, we guessed right on the first try?

When we keep it Rooted and simple. Too many speak for God, too quickly and too loosely.
Look at Locke, Madison, Jefferson, Thoreau. They kept it simple, the two Great Commandments, close to zero Dogma, Let Conscience be your Guide. Christ talked of it by another name. Do we argue over Dogma, or move forward constructively? I have Never doubted God for an Instant. It's Us that fumble the ball.

That was really stupid.

If you can't tell 'visible' from 'demonstrable' you really shouldn't chime in.

Do you really need proof? We can measure the difference in electrical charge between to things or regions. We can allow a discharge (transfer of electrons = electricity) and measure the movement of electrons and the final charges of both items afterward.

Ever heard of a voltometer?

Yep..........when electricity was first noticed, it was said to be God or some other deity who was throwing their power to the earth.

Eventually, it became God bowling............

Now? We know it's the way that the universe works, as certain events in a certain order make certain things happen.

Yes.......you CAN prove the existence of God. Only trouble is, when God shows us where He's at, most people generally discount it as "coincidence".

Like I said......the atheist is the one watching television while denying the existence of electricity.

So, are you saying that god is electricity, or an unknown phenomena that has yet to be quantified. If you define God as those things, I really can't argue with you....

But when you start talking about a super natural conscious being that split seas, rained hell, got a whale to swallow a man and spit him out alive , turned two cities to salt because "God was angry" then later got himself cruxified on a cross in order for you to be "saved" in the afterlife(or the division of the afterlife to serve 'good' people and 'bad' people) Then I have to admit

No--I do not believe in that crap. Why do you?? In fact, you are focusing on the wrong things when it comes to religion or your religion. Fairytales..are for children.

xÞx;1644290 said:
So many People speaking for God. That gives me Pause. What ever happened to shut up, listen, and pay attention.

Everyone keeps telling everyone else to shut up, listen, and pay attention :rolleyes:

I'm with you. I'd say listen to your Conscience over anything I say Any and every day. Be careful though when You are on one side, while your conscience and Me are on the other. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back