If critical thinking was required education in high schools, would we have less...

...republicans?

I like to think so

Anything the educational establishment calls "critical thinking" would just be a form of brainwashing. In fact, they already have something called "critical thinking" and it is in fact nothing more than brainwashing.

Spoken like someone who never got past the 5th grade, and is jealously bitter at those who did.

...republicans?

I like to think so

Anything the educational establishment calls "critical thinking" would just be a form of brainwashing. In fact, they already have something called "critical thinking" and it is in fact nothing more than brainwashing.

LOL, a classic circular argument. Did you post this to be funny? Of course not, you are serious and that is pitiful.

http://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions.html

Last edited:
Begging the Question

"The fallacy of begging the question occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it. In other words, you assume without proof the stand/position, or a significant part of the stand, that is in question. Begging the question is also called arguing in a circle."

http://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions.html

If critical thinking was required education in high schools, we would have more critically thinking Republicans and Democrats, and the country would benefit tremendously.

Trillions spent and yet we don't have this wonderful country changing (for the better) program...

Thanks for proving public education is pure crap and is harmful to the country as it is today. Feel free to back peddle to somehow still support the education you just said yourself lacks something as incredibly simplistic as giving kids "critical thinking" skills... Hell, you can teach critical thinking sitting outside, no books, no paper no nothing.... maybe it's to cheap a class for Government to invest in teaching

...republicans?

I like to think so

If critical thinking was required education in high school, you wouldn't be posting threads like this, and 50 million people wouldn't have voted for Obama.

Another classic, the Appeal to Ignorance.

"This fallacy occurs when you argue that your conclusion must be true, because there is no evidence against it. This fallacy wrongly shifts the burden of proof away from the one making the claim."

Quoted from the link above.

I agree there is an acute shortage of critical thinking. There is a mountain of empirical evidence of that dearth on this board.

The copying and pasting of manufactured bullshit without doing any fact checking of the material, the unending repetition of bogus memes which have been debunked time and time again, the failure to notice enacted policies have had zero effect on the (often imaginary) problem which was being addressed, and countless logical fallacies used in arguments.

A course in logical fallacies alone would greatly improve discourse in America. But then Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Breitbart, CNS News, The Daily Caller, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Huffington Post, CNN, and MSNBC would all go out of business.

And most of our politicians would be unemployed.

I like that Billy "thanked" you for your post yet I would bet everything I own he watches some of the very liberal programs and networks you just mentioned... If he was a critical thinker he would understand he was part of that group that you just insulted.

Liberals want much less critical thinking, or thinking of any kind. Why do you think liberals are working so hard to legalize drugs?

First off legalizing drugs is not in any way a liberal agenda... Secondly, to control something by making it illegal would in fact be limiting peoples ability to "critically think" for themselves...

Maybe you need to critically think about your position on drugs. Or you can keep making a fool of yourself by being incredibly hypocritical on this issue and I guess just fighting for the sake of fighting?

I'm not attacking you btw, we agree on a lot... but you can't claim to be the real critical thinker here then support Government prohibition that strives to makes choices for people for them... so they don;t have too...

...republicans?

I like to think so

Anarchists correctly and rightfully fear critical thinking in a democratic republic.

Liberals want much less critical thinking, or thinking of any kind. Why do you think liberals are working so hard to legalize drugs?

First off legalizing drugs is not in any way a liberal agenda... Secondly, to control something by making it illegal would in fact be limiting peoples ability to "critically think" for themselves...

Maybe you need to critically think about your position on drugs. Or you can keep making a fool of yourself by being incredibly hypocritical on this issue and I guess just fighting for the sake of fighting?

I'm not attacking you btw, we agree on a lot... but you can't claim to be the real critical thinker here then support Government prohibition that strives to makes choices for people for them... so they don;t have too...

Consider the use of antibiotics, do you believe they ought to be sold over the counter? I'm assuming you understand the importance of not allowing indiscriminate use of them.

Consider the use of antibiotics, do you believe they ought to be sold over the counter? I'm assuming you understand the importance of not allowing indiscriminate use of them.

Here we go. Lets take you on a tour down critical thinking lane...

Omg, wow... So why would you not want people at random just using antibiotics WC??? Oh please tell me!

No seriously, tell us... So that I can point out how despite it being illegal through mass regulations to use them indiscriminate and improperly, they are, on a mass scale... and that all your fears of creating super bugs are just as real, despite creating super bugs being illegal...

But please, go ahead and tell us why a widely abused and improperly used drugs should remain, well widely abused and improperly used.... Due to schools not teaching critical thinking, that are of course run by the very people (Government) who also regulate drugs, but fail at it on epic levels.

I do however want to point something out.

In the case of drugs that we talk about in traditional sense like heroin, coke, pot, and whatever.... All these drugs hurt only that individual. In the case of antibiotics they can create illness in others. That should be debated. Regardless, the regulating of antibiotics has failed.

Can you give a really good reason not to sell Neosporin OTC?

Didn't think so.

Last edited:

I do however want to point something out.

In the case of drugs that we talk about in traditional sense like heroin, coke, pot, and whatever.... All these drugs hurt only that individual. In the case of antibiotics they can create illness in others. That should be debated. Regardless, the regulating of antibiotics has failed.

Misuse of antibiotics does not make other people sick. They do, however, increase the populations of drug resistant bacteria. Strangely enough, that would happen even if antibiotics were tightly regulated and used properly 100% of the time. That is how evolution works, despite the massive amount of propaganda that blames it on misuse of antibiotics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back