If critical thinking was required education in high schools, would we have less...

...republicans?

I like to think so

Anything the educational establishment calls "critical thinking" would just be a form of brainwashing. In fact, they already have something called "critical thinking" and it is in fact nothing more than brainwashing.

I'm not sure you know what it even means. :eusa_eh:

Like most things that liberals come up with, what it means is rarely what it is, or how it is implemented and used. The Affordable Care Act is an excellent example. It is not affordable, and it provides little care.

Critical Thinking courses in public schools, is used not to teach critical thinking skills, but to lead young thought processes in preprogramed directions. Brain washing? Indoctrination? Call it for what it is.

Liberals want much less critical thinking, or thinking of any kind.

And this, class, is what is known as a Straw Man logical fallacy.

Now let's all give a big hand to Katzndogz for providing us this textbook example! :clap2:

Last edited:
...republicans?

I like to think so

If critical thinking was required education in high school, you wouldn't be posting threads like this, and 50 million people wouldn't have voted for Obama.

Another classic, the Appeal to Ignorance.

"This fallacy occurs when you argue that your conclusion must be true, because there is no evidence against it. This fallacy wrongly shifts the burden of proof away from the one making the claim."

Quoted from the link above.

So 50 million people didn't vote for Obama? Why isn't Romney President? Hmm? My how the times have changed. Now you won't even acknowledge the election of your own president.

:cuckoo:

If critical thinking was required education in high school, you wouldn't be posting threads like this, and 50 million people wouldn't have voted for Obama.

"This fallacy occurs when you argue that your conclusion must be true, because there is no evidence against it. This fallacy wrongly shifts the burden of proof away from the one making the claim."

So 50 million people didn't vote for Obama?

The point is you provided no evidence to support your claim they voted for him because they lacked critical thinking.

And now comes the Circular Logic fallacy in 4, 3, 2, 1...

Last edited:
We get the politicians we deserve. Notice I did not say "leaders".

So 50 million people didn't vote for Obama? Why isn't Romney President? Hmm? My how the times have changed. Now you won't even acknowledge the election of your own president.

:cuckoo:

Actually more proof exists that Obama was elected based several things like the letter (D)and his skin color as opposed to any type of critical thinking.

The far left hates critical thinkers or anyone that dares to challenge their rule. As you can tell by the far left Obama drones that post on this board.

Anyone that followed the far left mantra during the last president and now accepts this one with out question or hesitation shows critical thinking does not exist in the far left.

As some of you might know the "common core" unit that states are implementing in their schools supposedly have some critical thinking as part of the unit. How many conservatives are for common core being taught in the schools?

Forum List

Back