If All Of Us Kept The Tenth Commandment Big Business and Indeed Capitalism Would Fail

That's basically the Judeo-Christian admonition against GREED.

Its fairly obvious that that particular commandment isn't commonly respected in this society or for that matter in many (any?) others.

Hell we have people here who think GREED IS GOOD who also call themselves Christians.

Greed and Self-interest are not the same thing.

“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.”

LOL......everybody in America has been trying to outdo the family down the street all my life! 'Course I'm just 78.

Apples and oranges.

Wanting to succeed in business, wanting to earn a living by your own worth, value, and hard work has nothing at all to do with covetousness.

Wanting to succeed doesn't mean wanting what your neighbor has.

But does he have the intellectual honesty to acknowledge that?

Are you nuts?

First, you claimed that the 10th would eliminate Big Business and capitalism, which it won't.
Second you start quoting random bible passages and now claim you point is something different but still applies to Big Business and Capitalism.

What does any of it have to do with Capitalism, and "everything" is not an answer.

Im not sure he knows what capitalism is.

Capitalism is just the natural law of economics. Capitalism is when people are free to trade goods and services in a mutually beneficial transaction. That's the beauty of the free market. If you don't want to make the trade, you don't have to.

This is hardly going to change if everyone decides to stop being covetous.

Are you nuts?

First, you claimed that the 10th would eliminate Big Business and capitalism, which it won't.
Second you start quoting random bible passages and now claim you point is something different but still applies to Big Business and Capitalism.

What does any of it have to do with Capitalism, and "everything" is not an answer.

Capitalism is just the natural law of economics. Capitalism is when people are free to trade goods and services in a mutually beneficial transaction. That's the beauty of the free market. If you don't want to make the trade, you don't have to.

I know what Capitalism ain't. Try handing $870 billion to the biggest banks in the world with no specification as to how it had to be used. You haven't forgottenj what Bush, Bernanke and Paulson did that quickly have you? I wouldn't trust those crooked bastards in the outhouse with a muzzle on.

Are you nuts?

I know what Capitalism ain't. Try handing $870 billion to the biggest banks in the world with no specification as to how it had to be used. You haven't forgottenj what Bush, Bernanke and Paulson did that quickly have you? I wouldn't trust those crooked bastards in the outhouse with a muzzle on.

Again, what the fuck does that have to do with the 10th Commandment or anything else biblical?

And "everything" isn't an answer.

Last edited:

Again, what the fuck does that have to do with the 10th Commandment or anything else biblical?

I was just scolded and told what Capitalism is.......by god I told them what it ain't.

The reason western religions worked toward empire is from the time Rome adopted Christianity wealth was specifically associated with Godliness.

How hilarious is it that the strongest wing in the nutball gaggle is white trash with next to nothing? The liquor store nearest here sells lottery tickets; in my visits there it sounds like about four out of five ticket buyers are nutballs who figured it out the only way they're ever going to have paint on the pisspot is to hit the lottery. Yet they vote the most malignant side of corporate tickets every other year.

It's a sad kind of funny.

Last edited:

I was just scolded and told what Capitalism is.......by god I told them what it ain't.

Do you comprehend that YOU put this in the "Religion and Ethics" forum? How does any of your moronic ramblings pertain to the 10th Commandment or biblical teachings in any logical manner?

The reason western religions worked toward empire is from the time Rome adopted Christianity wealth was specifically associated with Godliness.

How hilarious is it that the strongest wing in the nutball gaggle is white trash with next to nothing? The liquor store nearest here sells lottery tickets; in my visits there it sounds like about four out of five ticket buyers are nutballs who figured it out the only way they're ever going to have paint on the pisspot is to hit the lottery. Yet they vote the most malignant side of corporate tickets every other year.

Nice strawman you built there. Have fun beating on it and crowing about your prowess.

Nice strawman you built there. Have fun beating on it and crowing about your prowess.

Maybe you can point out the strawman?

My prowess? Maybe I live under a bridge and steal bandwidth from area wireless? Maybe my visits to the liquor store are to buy canned heat? You are projecting any prowess into my post. All my post above actually contains is contempt for religion and self destructive behavior.

Maybe you can point out the strawman?

I highlighted it for you.

My prowess? Maybe I live under a bridge and steal bandwidth from area wireless? Maybe my visits to the liquor store are to buy canned heat? You are projecting any prowess into my post. All my post above actually contains is contempt for religion and self destructive behavior.

Do you understand what a strawman argument is and what it comes from?

It's a warrior building an opponent out of straw so that he can easily defeat it. You fasion the opinions and actions of your opponents in such a way as to make them easy for you to defeat. You crow about your "prowess" in defeating your strawman.

Get it?

I doubt it.

Here's th'thing, professeur predfan, facts are facts. Let me connect the dots for you... After I get my breath from laughing out loud that you challenge me without any apparent understanding on your part that a fact based set cannot be a "strawman" if the facts support the conclusion. In sum, yes, son, it is a fact that most white trash around here are that lost.

Thousands of comedians out of work and you get the laugh. Please, stop, I'm hyperventilating...

Last edited:

Tell me about it. I've lived in the south all my life. When one votes democrat here the chances are strong that they will lose their vote. Not To Worry........The South's Gonna' Rise Again!

Last edited:

You're right for once. Which is why i completely oppose bail outs. And I always have.

And please dont pretend Obama didn't have a big part in it as well.

No one asked what it isn't. You are just afraid to answer the questions.

And I know you're banned but still reading. What's it like to be afraid to answer simple questions on a message board? I guess Ill never know.

Forum List

Back