If a Republican intentionally set off a fire alarm during an open session of congress, should they be punished to the fullest extent of the law?

Yes. If it could be proven to have been done with malice.

Not if by accident or confusion, or by mistake.

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....he accidentally got his fingers tangled in the fire alarm

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I thought I was zipping my fly, but my fingers got accidentally tangled with the fire alarm

The FBI hunted down mom and pop Jan 6 demonstrators who may or may not be guilty of a misdemeanor but a democrat commits a felony and nobody seems to care.

let's say it was boebert....i say yes, and expulsion from congress

use boebert as your example please
Yes. Throw the books at him.

Code of the District of Columbia

§ 22–1319. False alarms and false reports; hoax weapons.​

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person or persons to willfully or knowingly give a false alarm of fire within the District of Columbia, and any person or persons violating the provisions of this subsection shall, upon conviction, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and be punished by a fine not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01 or by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Prosecutions for violation of the provisions of this subsection shall be on information filed in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia by the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia.

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—

Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back