Idiocy Hits The Photo Industry...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
This is just so monumentally fucking stupid.

Fujifilm is following what Canon and Nikon have done and have decided to do away with the terms "master" and "slave" on their photo gear descriptions:

Fujifilm Has Just Dropped the Terms Master/Slave Following Canon and Nikon

I, for one, will never stop using those descriptions, because I'm smart enough to know that words can have more than one meaning, and I refuse to bend to appease those who want to find racism in everything they see and then demand change.

Fuck them.

I thought it was pretty fucking stupid when realtors in Houston decided they'd stop using phrases like "master bedroom" and "master bathroom". This is equally stupid.

You know, I wasn't a racist before all of this bullshit started. But all of this bullshit; changing terms, riots, CHAZ/CHOP, etc, is slowly turning me into one.

I'm seriously considering legally changing my first name to "Master"...

I hold the title of "Master Instructor" and am addressed as Master by all students everywhere.

That won't change.

Last edited:

Fujifilm is following what Canon and Nikon have done and have decided to do away with the terms "master" and "slave" on their photo gear descriptions:

I, for one, will never stop using those descriptions, because I'm smart enough to know that words can have more than one meaning, and I refuse to bend to appease those who want to find racism in everything they see and then demand change.

Fuck them.

I thought it was pretty fucking stupid when realtors in Houston decided they'd stop using phrases like "master bedroom" and "master bathroom". This is equally stupid.

You know, I wasn't a racist before all of this bullshit started. But all of this bullshit; changing terms, riots, CHAZ/CHOP, etc, is slowly turning me into one.

Yup. Fuck them. Nikon used to make excellent, budget friendly durable rifle scopes. They were my favorites. Then they decided to bow to the left, and stopped producing scopes. Fuck em’!

I can't recall using either term as it relates to a camera. Of course it's been a very long time since I've used the word "film" also.

Fuck them.

Easy there snowflake, they're just words.

I can't recall using either term as it relates to a camera. Of course it's been a very long time since I've used the word "film" also.
It refers to lighting elements called strobes. First the master strobe light fires then the slaves sense the flash and fire as well providing fill light to eliminate shadows and or un even lighting.

It refers to lighting elements called strobes. First the master strobe light fires then the slaves sense the flash and fire as well providing fill light to eliminate shadows and or un even lighting.

Thanks. I guess I don't really do that kind of photography.

I'm not a camera guy......but seems like I remember the terminology used with hard drives on personal computers.

Fuck them.

It is well known in the military, if you do not pay attention to the Master Batter, you may have to drag a slave out in the middle of the night.

I did even out in the field. I did a lot of macro nature kinda stuff like flowers, fungi ie mushrooms, insects, etc getting up close and the magnification involved with the lens being so close to the subject made lighting extremely challenging.
I gave it up when they took my Kodachrome away.
Thing is I was instrumental in killing off chemical photography so I kinda shot my own foot off in that respect.

Last edited:

I did even out in the field. I did a lot of macro nature kinda stuff like flowers, fungi ie mushrooms, insects, etc getting up close and the magnification involved with the kens being so close to the subject made lighting extremely challenging.
I gave it up when they took my Kodachrome away.
Thing is I was instrumental in killing off chemical photography so I kinda shot my own foot off in that respect.

I am NOT a professional but it seems to me that the high ISO we can get from digital and the software to offset some of the negatives of that kinda starts to make things like this moot for most.

I'm not a camera guy......but seems like I remember the terminology used with hard drives on personal computers.
The terms Master and Slave are ubiquitous anywhere control is needed. The Master unit directs the others to follow with the signal, which then triggers the Slaves to respond, whatever field of app you are in. There is absolutely no racial connection whatsoever, it is purely an expression of FUNCTION.

Fuck them.

The point is that society has decided that it needs to do away with anything and everything that someone might, somehow, perceive as racist or offensive. "N****r" is just a word (and I hate using it, by the way), but if I walk into the King Food Mart down on West King Street and shout it out, I won't make it to the door alive.

But it's just a word, right?

Fuck them.

The point is that society has decided that it needs to do away with anything and everything that someone might, somehow, perceive as racist or offensive. "N****r" is just a word (and I hate using it, by the way), but if I walk into the King Food Mart down on West King Street and shout it out, I won't make it to the door alive.

Oh, so you expect everyone else to be tolerant, but you don't have to be?

It has to do with strobes/flashes.

I can put a transmitter on my camera and fire a strobe from ten feet away. That would be the master. The light from the strobe can trigger another strobe (which has no influence from the transmitter) and make it fire. That second strobe is the "slave"...

Fuck them.

Where did I ever suggest that?

You're the one saying I shouldn't be upset because "they're just words"...

Last edited:

Fuck them.

Tolerance is a two way street. Using the terms master and slave to describe the way components of cameras and computers work together is not racial. Lets not get carried away with the virtue signaling.

Fuck them.

You're telling the wrong people.

It has to do with strobes/flashes.

I can put a transmitter on my camera and fire a strobe from ten feet away. That would be the master. The light from the strobe can trigger another strobe (which has no influence from the transmitter) and make it fire. That second strobe is the "slave"...

I feel badly for the second one.

Forum List

Back