Ichiro was different

I care little about baseball now. I really liked it when I was a kid and the older I get, the less interested I became. During his era, he would be the only player I would pay to see. I think it was 2013 or so I saw him playing the Dbacks. He had 2 doubles. The game went on for several days and I couldn't care less about who won or anything but when he was on the field, I watched him hit the ball like a tennis player hitting a ground stroke. He could put it anywhere he wanted. Truly a special player.

And now the next special player of this era is also Japanese. He played 9 years in Japan, and still is one of only 7 MLB players with over 3000 hits and 500 stolen bases.

The other 6: Ty Cobb, Eddie Collins, Honus Wagner, Lou Brock, Rickey Henderson & Paul Molitor.

And now the next special player of this era is also Japanese. He played 9 years in Japan, and still is one of only 7 MLB players with over 3000 hits and 500 stolen bases.

The other 6: Ty Cobb, Eddie Collins, Honus Wagner, Lou Brock, Rickey Henderson & Paul Molitor.
3 of those guys were dead ball era.....a different game with that shitty ball they used.....

I care little about baseball now. I really liked it when I was a kid and the older I get, the less interested I became. During his era, he would be the only player I would pay to see. I think it was 2013 or so I saw him playing the Dbacks. He had 2 doubles. The game went on for several days and I couldn't care less about who won or anything but when he was on the field, I watched him hit the ball like a tennis player hitting a ground stroke. He could put it anywhere he wanted. Truly a special player.
Ichiro was driven. Pete Rose was driven. They had a dedication to the game. Whatever your view on Rose, he was a winner. And he infected other players on teams he played for. Choking was difficult for him.

I’m not alone!!

There’s no longer any passion in the game.

The latest rule changes, looks like you can no longer tag a base stealer, we’ll have fun watching

Several of the elite players had more stolen bases than strike outs.

Now that is an amazing fact.

Forum List

Back