I was right

I'm not so sure the logic is really sound on this. Here:

You will be interested to know that recent research from Public Health England has shown that the most common place people visited in the few days before testing positive to COVID, was not a pub or a bar—but a supermarket. 18% had visited a supermarket, whereas only 2% had visited a pub. It's a simple message—get your food delivered where possible.

I'm pretty sure most of the population is more likely to go to a supermarket than a pub so it would make sense that those who have been diagnosed have done so as well regardless of where they contracted the virus. It's kind of like identifying carrots as the number one cause of death in the United States because 90% of anyone who has died ate carrots in the last year of their life.
Right...they would never get it where they are packed together and the only thing being wiped down are cart handles. Better to say you got in a restaurant cause of ventilation cause supermarkets dont have that prob right........

I'm simply questioning the logic of your article. Loads more people go to supermarkets than bars right now so it's pretty obvious that most people who get COVID will have also visited a super market. So, in other words I wouldn't use it to prove or disprove what is happening at Krogers.

You know, correlation does not equal causation.
So all this contact tracing is bs eh and the info gleaned is used for what

Supermarkets are the superspreader of all superspreaders. So stay out of restaurants and pubs if you dont want to get sick so we can open back up. Arent brain dead politicians so caring and wonderful and honest.
5 Places You Should Not Go Even if They're Open, According to a Doctor | Eat This Not That

Places visited in the few days before a positive COVID test according to the U.K. survey:

• Supermarket – 18.3%
  • Secondary school – 12.7%
  • Primary school – 10.1%
  • Hospital – 3.6%
  • Care home – 2.8%
  • College – 2.4%
  • Warehouse – 2.2%
  • Nursery preschool – 1.8%
  • Pub or bar – 1.6%
  • Hospitality – 1.5%
  • University – 1.4%
  • Manufacture engineering – 1.4%
  • Household fewer than five – 1.2%
  • General practice – 1.1%
  • Gym – 1.1%
  • Restaurant or cafe – 1.0%

of course its higher in supermarkets people have to have tp and food.

#3 is
Don't Go to Bars and Restaurants With Indoor Seating

most people abstain from restaurants and bars, if they have a brain.
Notice those are way down on the actual list.

You will be interested to know that recent research from Public Health England has shown that the most common place people visited in the few days before testing positive to COVID, was not a pub or a bar—but a supermarket. 18% had visited a supermarket, whereas only 2% had visited a pub. It's a simple message—get your food delivered where possible.

I'm pretty sure most of the population is more likely to go to a supermarket than a pub so it would make sense that those who have been diagnosed have done so as well regardless of where they contracted the virus. It's kind of like identifying carrots as the number one cause of death in the United States because 90% of anyone who has died ate carrots in the last year of their life.
Right...they would never get it where they are packed together and the only thing being wiped down are cart handles. Better to say you got in a restaurant cause of ventilation cause supermarkets dont have that prob right........

Why don't the workers in these places get COVID at a higher rate? It is almost non-existent. 70% of Americans get the disease from their live-in adults partners.

They do? Why not the other way around? Do you have a link?
Self explanatory isn't it....someone in the home gets it generally most if not all in the home will get it.

I salute those who possess no fear when something demon possessed is in their presence. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. And yes, I am well aware that one person's definition of demon possessed will not mirror another person's definition of demon possessed.

My feelings exactly. This is really just a list of where people go on an average day whether they have covid or not.
That said I do believe in the event of a real pandemic supermarkets will probably be the superspreaders with people today thinking gloves are not as important as a flimsy mask.
Lift it. Rub your nose. Then touch products on the shelves and read the lables.
This whole thing is so ridiculously orchestrated.
Yes major supermarkets and wallmarts are probably the worst superspreaders of viruses.
Probably the best way to survive a real pandemic that is highly contagous and kills 25 percent of its infected would be to ne prepared and have 6 months food water and rent saved up. To stay at home and use plastic tarp and duct tape around the windows and doors and use positive hepa ventilation. Etc. Very labor intensive and pre prepardness. But most likely in a serious pandemic. Trips to Wal-Mart and WinCo would kill you. They would be the super spreaders that killed everyone. That and us mail delivery . Overnight express packages. Etc. This wearing a mask but no gloves thing and going to busy grocery stores while avoiding bars and resturants would be simply deadly
Live and learn

Why don't the workers in these places get COVID at a higher rate? It is almost non-existent. 70% of Americans get the disease from their live-in adults partners.

They do? Why not the other way around? Do you have a link?
Self explanatory isn't it....someone in the home gets it generally most if not all in the home will get it.

Yeah, I read "adult partners" as "adult parents". Thought it sounded odd.

I'm simply questioning the logic of your article. Loads more people go to supermarkets than bars right now so it's pretty obvious that most people who get COVID will have also visited a super market. So, in other words I wouldn't use it to prove or disprove what is happening at Krogers.

You know, correlation does not equal causation.
So all this contact tracing is bs eh and the info gleaned is used for what

Can you quote me the part where they mention the contact tracing of supermarkets from the article?

My feelings exactly. This is really just a list of where people go on an average day whether they have covid or not.
That said I do believe in the event of a real pandemic supermarkets will probably be the superspreaders with people today thinking gloves are not as important as a flimsy mask.
Yes major supermarkets and wallmarts are probably the worst superspreaders of viruses.
Probably the best way to survive a real pandemic that is highly contagous and kills 25 percent of its infected would be to ne prepared and have 6 months food water and rent saved up. To stay at home and use plastic tarp and duct tape around the windows and doors and use positive hepa ventilation. Etc. Very labor intensive and pre prepardness. But most likely in a serious pandemic. Trips to Wal-Mart and WinCo would kill you. They would be the super spreaders that killed everyone. That and us mail delivery . Overnight express packages. Etc. This wearing a mask but no gloves thing and going to busy grocery stores while avoiding bars and resturants would be simply deadly
Live and learn

I think you've watched too many Hollywood pandemic movies.

Live and learn

I think you've watched too many Hollywood pandemic movies.
I think at this point everyone in the world has watched too many pandemic movies

I haven't been in a super market (except for Sprouts) in months. I have a trump supporter bring me my groceries in the parking lot. Sweet.

Yeah, I believe that many stores will retain curbside or delivery services for if it remains profitable.
it wont be profitable if they are getting paid 15 an hr to walk to your car,,

Yeah but they will have other duties other than bringing bags to the car. Then again they do have people bringing bags to the car in grocery stores for years. I am pretty sure they do not get 15.00 dollars an hours. well in California maybe.

I haven't been in a super market (except for Sprouts) in months. I have a trump supporter bring me my groceries in the parking lot. Sweet.

Yeah, I believe that many stores will retain curbside or delivery services for if it remains profitable.
it wont be profitable if they are getting paid 15 an hr to walk to your car,,

Yeah but they will have other duties other than bringing bags to the car. Then again they do have people bringing bags to the car in grocery stores for years. I am pretty sure they do not get 15.00 dollars an hours. well in California maybe.

I never tipped the kid bagging my groceries, and always carried my own stuff to the car. I always give a good tip to the person that gathers my order and meets me at the curb. I asked, and was told it's the same for most people. Some claim to make more in tips than they do in wages.

Forum List

Back