I Want $20,000 In Debt Relief

Here's your path to getting that:

1) Get off your ass and get a job
2) Work hard, live below your means, save your money.
3) Pay off $20,000 of your debt.

That's all you have to do.

I would give the same advice to anyone advocating Student Loan Debt Relief.

I want it too.

What is student debt? A person making an agreement for something in exchange that you will pay them back the money over X amount of years. That's the same thing as a credit card, a car finance or a home mortgage.

Well, I want my mortgage paid off by Biden. If a student gets forgiveness on their student loan they get to keep their education so I should get to keep my car or house as well.

This idocy of "student loans prey on young people" is a lie. Everyone knows what student debt is and it's explained to when you sign, their parents know, everyone knows. And if young people are too stupid to understand what student debt is why are they allowed to agree to it?
Exactly.

I want it too.

What is student debt? A person making an agreement for something in exchange that you will pay them back the money over X amount of years. That's the same thing as a credit card, a car finance or a home mortgage.

Well, I want my mortgage paid off by Biden. If a student gets forgiveness on their student loan they get to keep their education so I should get to keep my car or house as well.

This idocy of "student loans prey on young people" is a lie. Everyone knows what student debt is and it's explained to when you sign, their parents know, everyone knows. And if young people are too stupid to understand what student debt is why are they allowed to agree to it?
Student loans are not a new thing. They were available fifty-five years ago when I was considering going to college. I didn't want to go into debt, so I joined the military and got an education benefit. Do I get the six years of my life back?

Run down Mezko way, grab some Fenny, Valium and shit. Don't take a main road back. No worries. 100 grand in a couple days. Borders are wide open

1. Most students that have debt dont own anything to loose.

2. We DO HAVE LOAN FORGIVENESS as I got my loan excused 4 yrs ago of over 100k. All you have to do is work for a non-profit for 10 years ( LIKE I DID) and they will excuse your loans. Public Student Loan Forgiveness from Dept of Ed.

I want 20k. It is quite traumatic to have to ask, so I want 7k to cover that.
Then I am old and cranky, so I should get another 12k for that. I paid off a few mortgages and several car loans so I deserve something for all that, I will graciously agreed to 18k for that.
I am keeping track......I am certain to come up with something else, just give me time.

Government programs are not designed to help responsible people under Democrat leadership, they are designed to help irresponsible people. If you were raised properly to accept responsibility for your actions, screw you. You probably vote Republican anyway.

Because student loans held by the federal government can be forgiven by the government. Under income based student loan plans, the remaining balance is forgiven after a certain number of years. Based on your income, the payments can be 0. No pone is contesting that this cannot be done.

Apparently it is if the courts are involved. But this is a fine example why we need to keep government out of private industry business. If the banks still handled these loans, there would be no forgiveness of any sort, and that's the way it should be.

Since when does every government expense have to benefit every specific person, with the rest entitled to refunds?

People who don't drive don't get a refund from the amount spent on roads. People who have no kids get no refund from the school system, those whose houses remain unburnt are due no refunds from the fire department fund, and those who keep their money in Mason jars buried in the back yard are entitled to no compensation from the FDIC they didn't use.

It is an investment in society. It will knock up to 20 grand off the debt of about 40 million middle- and working-class people. What do you think that will do to the economy? How many people who are currently living paycheck-to-paycheck will then be able to buy houses and cars, or come off of public assistance?

This forgiveness is for people that make up to 125K a year or 250K a couple. I never made anywhere near that in my life, and I should be paying for their student loans?

As for what it would do for the economy, give any group of people that kinds of loot and it will benefit the economy. So why student loans? Just look at the statistics of the last election. The Democrats got 63% of the vote from young adults ages 18 to 29, the age group that are paying those loans. Starting to see the picture now?

I have a much better plan: Nobody is allowed to attend college until the age of 21. In that time live with mom and dad. Get a full time job and save every penny you can. While working you gain experience and knowledge that will help you decide what direction you want to go in if you do go to college; something a lot of 18 year olds have no concept of.

If you enter college at 21, you can pay for it cash. To replenish the money you used, you can work part-time during school or full-time when out. If you do have any outstanding loans by graduation, they will be easily manageable and certainly no need for taxpayer help.

As a retired truck driver I can't tell you how many other drivers I talked to with a college degree. They got into trucking because of job availability and pay that their chosen career didn't have. They all regretted not going into trucking right from the start and saved those tens of thousands of dollars.

Problem solved.

This forgiveness is for people that make up to 125K a year or 250K a couple. I never made anywhere near that in my life, and I should be paying for their student loans?

As for what it would do for the economy, give any group of people that kinds of loot and it will benefit the economy. So why student loans? Just look at the statistics of the last election. The Democrats got 63% of the vote from young adults ages 18 to 29, the age group that are paying those loans. Starting to see the picture now?
People who make up to 125K are eligible, but roughly 90% of the 43m people who took those loans are lower to middle class. 90% of 43m is roughly 40m; I wasn't counting the estimated 10% who are already up there.

Because a) they invested in their own education, and having more people with higher education benefits the whole society, and b) unlike home, business, or even car loans, most of these massive loans were taken people when they were very young, and didn't necessarily have the knowledge of how to plan their own finances or c) don't now have the ability to pay it back ; and d) an awful lot of the lenders are shady, borderline predatory. That's off the top of my head.

If you think about it in terms of society as a whole, rather than trying to think of its effects toward one single person, it makes a lot more sense.

People who make up to 125K are eligible, but roughly 90% of the 43m people who took those loans are lower to middle class. 90% of 43m is roughly 40m; I wasn't counting the estimated 10% who are already up there.

Because a) they invested in their own education, and having more people with higher education benefits the whole society, and b) unlike home, business, or even car loans, most of these massive loans were taken people when they were very young, and didn't necessarily have the knowledge of how to plan their own finances or c) don't now have the ability to pay it back ; and d) an awful lot of the lenders are shady, borderline predatory. That's off the top of my head.

If you think about it in terms of society as a whole, rather than trying to think of its effects toward one single person, it makes a lot more sense.

How about just having the Democrat Leftist / Chinese funded American institutions LOWER their COSTS so maybe people wouldn't have to go into life debt to get an education? Why do schools need to have budgets far exceeding their actual costs to operate?

Or perhaps you have a personal vested interest in American universities raking in Billions like so many on the Left.?

Then provide a link of who's taking these payoffs.

The reason college is so expensive is supply and demand. Compared to when I was in school, everybody is going to college these days, so there will be people in college whether they pay for it or not. No benefit to the country by us paying for it.

Today credit card companies mail out cards to 18 year olds with high interest rates. Guess what happens to them if they don't keep their payments up? It doesn't matter if they're too young to understand interest rates, that's what the internet is for if you don't know.

You are correct on one thing though: going to college is an investment. An investment is when you take YOUR OWN money, get it back later on with a profit. Government should not be paying for investments.

Forum List

Back