I Want $20,000 In Debt Relief

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Biden and leftist groups are lobbying the Supreme Court to allow the cancellation of $20,000 in student loan debt, claiming "borrowers from all walks of life suffered profound financial harms during the pandemic" (guess they don't seem to grasp the fact that the Supreme Court only judges cases based on laws, not feelings or emotions). So, if people with student loans get $20,000 in loans forgiven then why can't I get the same amount in loans forgiven (even though I don't owe any student loans)? I've suffered profound financial harms during the pandemic. Most all Americans have, even the super rich. And, even the poor, who most probably don't have student loans, have suffered profound financial harms during the pandemic. Why don't we give them a check for 20K? Student loan forgiveness is discriminatory and is social injustice because it probably favors whites over blacks. Let's all get together and be against this or let Biden pony up and give us all 20K.

Here's your path to getting that:

1) Get off your ass and get a job
2) Work hard, live below your means, save your money.
3) Pay off $20,000 of your debt.

That's all you have to do.
so you feel that those with student debt should do the same?...the guy did have a point...lots of people lost a lot of money during the shut down that wasnt their fault....

Biden and leftist groups are lobbying the Supreme Court to allow the cancellation of $20,000 in student loan debt, claiming "borrowers from all walks of life suffered profound financial harms during the pandemic" (guess they don't seem to grasp the fact that the Supreme Court only judges cases based on laws, not feelings or emotions). So, if people with student loans get $20,000 in loans forgiven then why can't I get the same amount in loans forgiven (even though I don't owe any student loans)? I've suffered profound financial harms during the pandemic. Most all Americans have, even the super rich. And, even the poor, who most probably don't have student loans, have suffered profound financial harms during the pandemic. Why don't we give them a check for 20K? Student loan forgiveness is discriminatory and is social injustice because it probably favors whites over blacks. Let's all get together and be against this or let Biden pony up and give us all 20K.

"Hey babe, take a walk on the Lib side"
Said, "Hey babe, take a walk on the Lib side"
And the colored girls go
Doo, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

Doo

Little Joe always gave it away
Those who could had to pay and pay
A hustle here and a hustle there
Washington is the place where they said
"Hey babe, take a walk on the Lib side"
Said, "Hey babe, take a walk on the Lib side"

Doo

All you have to do is learn to paint like Hunter Biden, then you will be making half a million dollars a painting

th

Wow, what a talent he is.

Since when does every government expense have to benefit every specific person, with the rest entitled to refunds?

People who don't drive don't get a refund from the amount spent on roads. People who have no kids get no refund from the school system, those whose houses remain unburnt are due no refunds from the fire department fund, and those who keep their money in Mason jars buried in the back yard are entitled to no compensation from the FDIC they didn't use.

It is an investment in society. It will knock up to 20 grand off the debt of about 40 million middle- and working-class people. What do you think that will do to the economy? How many people who are currently living paycheck-to-paycheck will then be able to buy houses and cars, or come off of public assistance?

Fuck them. I paid my debts. If they bit off more than they could chew... Fuck Em'. Consider it bought experience. Let fools like this be an example for those who follow after.

Because student loans held by the federal government can be forgiven by the government. Under income based student loan plans, the remaining balance is forgiven after a certain number of years. Based on your income, the payments can be 0. No pone is contesting that this cannot be done.

Fuck them. I paid my debts. If they bit off more than they could chew... Fuck Em'. Consider it bought experience. Let fools like this be an example for those who follow after.
I am afraid it will be an example for others to follow, begging the government for help with their own mistakes and irresponsibility. If they need help with their debt for their choices, they chose purely.
hechosepoorly720-720x415.jpg

Because student loans held by the federal government can be forgiven by the government. Under income based student loan plans, the remaining balance is forgiven after a certain number of years. Based on your income, the payments can be 0. No pone is contesting that this cannot be done.

Which is all the more reason they should not be covered by the American tax payer - they're already the most lenient loans in the history of mankind.

If the federal government is giving away 20K because of the pandemic then I want my 20K, whether I have a student loan or not. I'm financially poorer because of the pandemic.

I want 20k. It is quite traumatic to have to ask, so I want 7k to cover that.
Then I am old and cranky, so I should get another 12k for that. I paid off a few mortgages and several car loans so I deserve something for all that, I will graciously agreed to 18k for that.
I am keeping track......I am certain to come up with something else, just give me time.

Since when does every government expense have to benefit every specific person, with the rest entitled to refunds?

People who don't drive don't get a refund from the amount spent on roads. People who have no kids get no refund from the school system, those whose houses remain unburnt are due no refunds from the fire department fund, and those who keep their money in Mason jars buried in the back yard are entitled to no compensation from the FDIC they didn't use.

It is an investment in society. It will knock up to 20 grand off the debt of about 40 million middle- and working-class people. What do you think that will do to the economy? How many people who are currently living paycheck-to-paycheck will then be able to buy houses and cars, or come off of public assistance?
So $20,000 can do all of that? Wow.

If you are on public assistance after going into debt for a college education, you are a lost cause and no more money should be wasted on your dumb ass. As for buying houses and cars--why should they? They will just default on the promises to pay those debts as well. Once a deadbeat always a deadbeat.

I want it too.

What is student debt? A person making an agreement for something in exchange that you will pay them back the money over X amount of years. That's the same thing as a credit card, a car finance or a home mortgage.

Well, I want my mortgage paid off by Biden. If a student gets forgiveness on their student loan they get to keep their education so I should get to keep my car or house as well.

This idocy of "student loans prey on young people" is a lie. Everyone knows what student debt is and it's explained to when you sign, their parents know, everyone knows. And if young people are too stupid to understand what student debt is why are they allowed to agree to it?

Forum List

Back