I Told You So

What happens to the summer jobs meant for teenagers living at home rent free, with their clothes, food and shelter paid for by parents when you raise the minimum wage too high for businesses to remain profitable? The jobs disappear.

Not everyone is worthy of an income high enough to sustain a household, especially high school students still living out of their parents' wallets.
It's so simple, but for some reason many in the nation have since fallen and bumped their heads. Maybe they'll wake up before it's to late, but it's highly doubtful. We are now on a path of total ruin, and the driver won't wake up. Who is driving the vehicle these days ? Joe Biden and company ? We are all screwed.

Talk about a circus. Good grief.

Indeed, some will lose their jobs. Others are preparing for a better way to utilize AI and still maintain jobs:
“For business leaders navigating the AI workforce transition, the key to unlocking the productivity potential while delivering on business objectives lies in three key strategies: rebalancing resources, investing in workforce reskilling and, on a larger scale, advancing new models of education and lifelong learning.”

Many corps are retraining their workforce for augmentation with AI, instead of waiting until it’s too late to do so. Those corp heads not getting on board are risking their businesses having a significant reduction of human workers in their futures. There will be small businesses who will still function effectively without much of an external change, but even these small business owners will still very much consider using newer options that will soon be available for the public and will continue to be made available.
And have we now forgotten the moral and future implications of racing to displace hundreds of thousands of newer generation's with machines, and all because we have grown to hate what we've produced in as far as exactly who these newer generation's are ??? Why do we hate our human existence and our spawns so much so now, that we desire to create a limited world without them ?? Are we so selfish, and so weak that we fear raising the new generation that will eventually take over, and is it all because we have lost control of the situation over time (making a go of it without God) ?

What a message we are sending out to our young..... It's no wonder why they hate us back, and disrespect us vehemently today.

When my wife ran a register in a grocery store back in the day, it was one that had the tall key's, and the big button to the right that one mashed every time you wanted it to add up the amount. It was only electric as far as it's function goes, but it wasn't a computer or digital machine. She was so fast that it was amazing to watch her brain function at such a pace. Talk about smart, this machine had smoke flying out of it as she rang up thousand's of dollar's worth of groceries a day.

With modern technology, it seems to have dumbed the young folks down, and has made them highly dependent on such technology. They can barely make change without the machine doing all the thinking for them now. It's really sad, and very telling about the future. In fact the future is here, and it's full of dumbed down people, no decency, no respect, and no independence.

Now we have government trying to fill the void, and it's making it dumber and dumber and dumber.

Has anyone taken in the bigger picture lately ? Just look around, and then think back.

Go back and read some of my threads on the growing robotics industry in the fast food industry.
The cows are coming home to roost and the chickens are being processed and prepared and served by robots.
There are thousands of small manufacturing businesses throughout Asia which are building robots to sell to the 'West'. These robots are the future of every FF franchise on earth.
The future in the US looks like every fucking doper being 'streamed' through high school then goes on to get a free education and a fucking degree in 'Transgender Studies' and then in desperation, b/c the parents are too fucking broke to house and feed the dopers anymore, end up applying for 'McJobs' only to be shown the latest robot which can unpackage the frozen fries, which another robot has packaged into specific portions and put the fries into a fryer which is programmed to leave the fries in the hot stinking canola oil, then remove the portion and put the fries into the cardboard container, which another robot has put the napkin, salt pack and ketchup and vinegar packs, which anthor robot in China has manufactured, then set the fries in the paper bag which another robot made. then the bag is positioned on a rack where the lone human employee hands the bag to the person waiting at the drive by window.
The doper is told not to bother applying again in person but they are welcome to apply online.
The doper goes home to mommy and mommy sneaks the doper a twenty when daddy isn't looking. The doper walks to the corner store and buys a bottle of 'red' and a pack of red licorice which were produced mainly by robots. She then goes to her room and watches a couple of Bob Ross episodes. Just another fucking day in paradise.

Well, what do you expect, Danny?
  1. Everyone wanted these jobs to pay $15 an hour!
  2. The Chinese get rich making robots to fill the jobs that lazy, snotty kids don't want to do.
  3. The employer gets a machine that doesn't call off sick or sneak out at lunch to smoke a joint.
  4. Now when these kids get out of high school, there will be that many less unskilled jobs for them to take!

Robots don`t have sick days nor do they buy the product they`re making.

they wear out a lot quicker than humans, and they require new parts; guess what custom machining parts for your one of a kind bot is going to run you over time? We've already seen companies going back to hiring humans for lots of jobs robots used to do, just like we've seen customer service companies going back to actual people taking calls from the fad for bot calls and the like. You think these bot makers and tech companies are run by nice honest people who won't extort you into bankruptcy at the first chance? Why do you think there are those big patent pools at places like Intel and Apple? They're used to keep competitors broke and competition to zero.

Well, what do you expect, Danny?
  1. Everyone wanted these jobs to pay $15 an hour!
  2. The Chinese get rich making robots to fill the jobs that lazy, snotty kids don't want to do.
  3. The employer gets a machine that doesn't call off sick or sneak out at lunch to smoke a joint.
  4. Now when these kids get out of high school, there will be that many less unskilled jobs for them to take!
There are millions of 'kids' being streamed through high school who can't read, can't write a coherent sentence and can't perform simple math.
They have not been taught the basic principles, at home or at school of how to behave.
It's not their fault. Society never expects anything from them so they have no base line for how to behave.
They are taught to believe they are worth $15 an hour working , when they show up for work at the most menial jobs.
Their go-to reaction is somehow society must owe them just for being born in the US.
The chicken McNuggets are coming home to roost and slave labor built the robot that fried those tasty morsels.

There are millions of 'kids' being streamed through high school who can't read, can't write a coherent sentence and can't perform simple math.
They have not been taught the basic principles, at home or at school of how to behave.
It's not their fault. Society never expects anything from them so they have no base line for how to behave.
They are taught to believe they are worth $15 an hour working , when they show up for work at the most menial jobs.
Their go-to reaction is somehow society must owe them just for being born in the US.
The chicken McNuggets are coming home to roost and slave labor built the robot that fried those tasty morsels.

They used to be able to leave high school and get a decent job manufacturing televisions, appliances, furniture, etc but business never learned what it was to be a part of society. The only thing that mattered was "shareholder value" so off they went to other countries with these jobs.

Now we complain because people expect to actually be able to survive working 40 hours at the jobs that are left?

And have we now forgotten the moral and future implications of racing to displace hundreds of thousands of newer generation's with machines, and all because we have grown to hate what we've produced in as far as exactly who these newer generation's are ??? Why do we hate our human existence and our spawns so much so now, that we desire to create a limited world without them ?? Are we so selfish, and so weak that we fear raising the new generation that will eventually take over, and is it all because we have lost control of the situation over time (making a go of it without God) ?

What a message we are sending out to our young..... It's no wonder why they hate us back, and disrespect us vehemently today.

When my wife ran a register in a grocery store back in the day, it was one that had the tall key's, and the big button to the right that one mashed every time you wanted it to add up the amount. It was only electric as far as it's function goes, but it wasn't a computer or digital machine. She was so fast that it was amazing to watch her brain function at such a pace. Talk about smart, this machine had smoke flying out of it as she rang up thousand's of dollar's worth of groceries a day.

With modern technology, it seems to have dumbed the young folks down, and has made them highly dependent on such technology. They can barely make change without the machine doing all the thinking for them now. It's really sad, and very telling about the future. In fact the future is here, and it's full of dumbed down people, no decency, no respect, and no independence.

Now we have government trying to fill the void, and it's making it dumber and dumber and dumber.

Has anyone taken in the bigger picture lately ? Just look around, and then think back.
You’re exactly right that having fancy gadgets can amplify laziness and ineptness within a society, having things done for us and expecting more.

Schools no longer requiring cursive writing stands out to me as an example. Why expect students to be able to read primary documents, such as our US Constitution, since it requires “extra learning” for cursive writing?

I’m with you, I don’t understand placing ease and comfort over knowledge and skill, but it’s happening. Terms like self-sufficient, working to one’s full capacity, doing the leg work to get things done are not used much by those wanting an easy way in life without responsibility. In my mind, I envision that we peaked in the 90s somewhere, people just don’t realize it, that “the ultimate time to be alive” is not somewhere in the future but has already happened. In segments of society, we still have many active, communities that have maintained their human dynamic values much more than others. Here’s to doing what it takes to keep our communities strong.

They used to be able to leave high school and get a decent job manufacturing televisions, appliances, furniture, etc but business never learned what it was to be a part of society. The only thing that mattered was "shareholder value" so off they went to other countries with these jobs.

Now we complain because people expect to actually be able to survive working 40 hours at the jobs that are left?

The big change took place in the 80's after that recession. I don't care what people say about the 2000 recession, the one under President Reagan was much worse and I know because I lived through both. People started to get very frugal with their money after that. Cheap became the new theme in America and to hell with quality. Shareholders were always a concern with companies, but their real problem was they could no longer sell their products next to cheap foreign imports. Discount stores opened up all over, Walmart was moving to the number one store in the US, and we finally realized that good paying non-skilled jobs was nothing more than a bubble, just like the housing or tech bubble.

The big change took place in the 80's after that recession. I don't care what people say about the 2000 recession, the one under President Reagan was much worse and I know because I lived through both. People started to get very frugal with their money after that. Cheap became the new theme in America and to hell with quality. Shareholders were always a concern with companies, but their real problem was they could no longer sell their products next to cheap foreign imports. Discount stores opened up all over, Walmart was moving to the number one store in the US, and we finally realized that good paying non-skilled jobs was nothing more than a bubble, just like the housing or tech bubble.

Argue that but people still have to survive. Hence a guaranteed wage.

It's comical to watch these younger people when their machine malfunctions and doesn't tell them how much change to give back. That confused look on their face like a baby at a topless bar. On a few occasions I finally said "you owe me three dollars and fifty four cents!" I could have gave them just about any figure and they would have accepted it, but I'm too honest and don't believe in taking advantage of a persons ignorance.

Michigan minimum wage is $9.65
Most states are higher than Federal. There really is no need for a federal minimum wage

Absolutely. Cost of living is different in areas across our country. A kid making $15.00 an hour here will be able to buy much more than a kid making $15.00 an hour in California or New Jersey. That's why only states should decide what their minimum wage should be, not the federal government.

Forum List

Back