I thought waffle House was inexpensive

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Just yesterday my wife and I went to Waffle House for a quick breakfast. wand could not believe how high the prices were. We both had the breakfast special which was 2 eggs , toast and hash browns but no meat and a cup of coffee and the bill came to $18.00 for both of us. . Not exactly a lot of meal for your money. For a few dollars more we could have gone to Cracker Barrel . We will know better next time

All economists know that when the price of any commodity is raised significantly above its economic value, many bad things happen. Human labor is a commodity.

Prices go up. Consumers use less of the commodity, and seek out alternatives. Instead of 20 employees making $9.00/hr, you get 15 employees making $15, AND prices go up considerably.

Being old, I eat out frequently. Now more than before, we order a single entree and share it. Pisses off the wait-staff, but it is an entirely reasonable reaction to inflated prices.

Just yesterday my wife and I went to Waffle House for a quick breakfast. wand could not believe how high the prices were. We both had the breakfast special which was 2 eggs , toast and hash browns but no meat and a cup of coffee and the bill came to $18.00 for both of us. . Not exactly a lot of meal for your money. For a few dollars more we could have gone to Cracker Barrel . We will know better next time
No Waffle?

Fucktard O'nomics.

Generate lots of part time jobs that will keep the base in poverty, but the cooked numbers look good, and print money until inflation beats down the masses.... and tell them it's Trump's fault.

4 more years of this sounds good.... hmm?

biden fucktard o nomics 99.png

It's like that everywhere, even the Mom & Pop morning eateries. I know I've scaled way back, not because I have to because I can't afford it, it's just the frugal part of me balking at the prices being charged today.

FJB....Transitory my ass.....Hell, the cheapest eggs are $3.00 a dozen now.

They are $1.61 a dozen in fuckin' Russia! Hey, maybe we need us some of those "tough sanctions". ;)

It's like that everywhere, even the Mom & Pop morning eateries. I know I've scaled way back, not because I have to because I can't afford it, it's just the frugal part of me balking at the prices being charged today.

They are $1.61 a dozen in fuckin' Russia! Hey, maybe we need us some of those "tough sanctions". ;)
$4.50 here in CA

Your bill at Cracker Barrel would be $28 instead of $18.

WTF are you smoking? Russia doesn't import eggs!

Never have ate there and they don't exist up here.
Once was going to eat there in Florida but after we watched the shitshow of them trying to seat people and my daughter seeing a kitchen staff do something gross, we got the hell out.

Never have ate there and they don't exist up here.
Once was going to eat there in Florida but after we watched the shitshow of them trying to seat people and my daughter seeing a kitchen staff do something gross, we got the hell out.
When I was younger and in a band the WH was a staple mostly because it’s always open. The food is good drunk/hangover food but nothing to brag about. Plus it’s usually an experience along with the meal.

We both had the breakfast special which was 2 eggs , toast and hash browns but no meat and a cup of coffee and the bill came to $18.00 for both of us.
I took my mom out to breakfast back in December. I had the same thing but with bacon and mom had french toast and sausage. We both had coffee, and I made mom drink a glass of OJ cuz she needs her C.

Bill was $45 before the tip. Basic full breakfast around here is around $18. 'Bout double what it was 4 years ago.

I think prices are about the same for both

But its been a year or two since I visited either one

Attachments

• IMG_0235.png
    IMG_0235.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0234.png
    IMG_0234.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 2

Forum List

Back