I think we should attempt to gain the trust of isolated human tribes so we can help modernize them.

Screw pandering to savages. lol that's just retarded. You going to let them sacrifice babies to frog gods and the like just because you beleive what aging doped addled hippies teaching Anthropology and History fed you?

It matters not in the big picture what these tribes do.

Why do you feel the need to force your way of life on others?

Why do you feel a compulsion to lie about what I said? It's the OP's premise to interfere with them, not mine.

Why do you want to encourage sacrificing babies to frog gods?

And you know that these tribes do that?

So your answer is yes, you do support people sacrificing babies to frog gods.

I didn't answer yes or no.

Just as you didn't answer my question

But I guess I really don't care what a primitive tribe does.

I mean do you want to intervene in every case of infanticide that occurs daily in the so called civilized world too?

The OP thinks so; you probably wouldn't do anything if you saw one of your neighbors sacrificing babies to a frog god in their own backyard, though.\; you like thinking of yourself as too enlightened and tolerant of others beliefs. We know Unkotare is certainly very tolerant, too, but them he likes to roll up little balls of shit and eat them, according to his handle.

Screw pandering to savages. lol that's just retarded. You going to let them sacrifice babies to frog gods and the like just because you beleive what aging doped addled hippies teaching Anthropology and History fed you?

It matters not in the big picture what these tribes do.

Why do you feel the need to force your way of life on others?

Why do you feel a compulsion to lie about what I said? It's the OP's premise to interfere with them, not mine.

Why do you want to encourage sacrificing babies to frog gods?

And you know that these tribes do that?

So your answer is yes, you do support people sacrificing babies to frog gods.

I didn't answer yes or no.

Just as you didn't answer my question

But I guess I really don't care what a primitive tribe does.

I mean do you want to intervene in every case of infanticide that occurs daily in the so called civilized world too?

The OP thinks so; you probably wouldn't do anything if you saw one of your neighbors sacrificing babies to a frog god in their own backyard, though.\; you like thinking of yourself as too enlightened and tolerant of others beliefs. We know Unkotare is certainly very tolerant, too, but them he likes to roll up little balls of shit and eat them, according to his handle.

The thing you obviously missed is that we do not live in a society where human sacrifice is accepted and you also don't know if any of these isolated tribes practice human sacrifice do you?

And here's an interesting anthropological factoid for you hunter gatherer tribes didn't usually bother with things like slavery or human sacrifice. Those things tended to be products of stratified societies you know like ours.

But you didn't answer my question as to whether or not you actually care about every case of infanticide in our society.

I'm giving 3 to one odds you really don't care about it.

+Yes they did stuff like stampeding entire herds of buffalo off of cliffs when they only needed one or two for food and hides, leaving the rest to suffer and die. Great people, great 'environmentalist and stuff, but some of them smoked pot, which is what makes them really great to those hippies who teach school or spend 30 years in college getting their BA in submarine pottery or something. So what if they tortured each other for sport and fun, tossed feamle children into volcanoes, or played foot ball with each orther's heads, cuz those evil Xtians were much worse!!! We know this cuz lots of stoners in the 1960's said so,

I'm not saying we should force anybody. I'm just saying we should extend our hand. What are we, Starfleet? We're just going to leave them alone because we don't want to disturb their culture? How many tribal people die horribly due to curable medical conditions? These people are in the jungle with stone tools and no shoes on constantly working to avoid starvation.

"They don't want our tech. They like their lives the way they are."

They're afraid of us. They think we're demons and witches. The idea that they wouldn't want tools that can make their lives easier is ridiculous. We need to prove ourselves to them somehow.

do you know what happened when civilized people in Canada tried to put a stop to native kids running around naked in the forest surviving on a diet of berries and acorns? Years later the entire country had to apologize for their racist white supremacy. So fuck it let them starve.

+Yes they did stuff like stampeding entire herds of buffalo off of cliffs when they only needed one or two for food and hides, leaving the rest to suffer and die. Great people, great 'environmentalist and stuff, but some of them smoked pot, which is what makes them really great to those hippies who teach school or spend 30 years in college getting their BA in submarine pottery or something. So what if they tortured each other for sport and fun, tossed feamle children into volcanoes, or played foot ball with each orther's heads, cuz those evil Xtians were much worse!!! We know this cuz lots of stoners in the 1960's said so,

Yeah because so called civilized men don't ever do anything cruel to animals.

And I never mentioned Christians once. But since you did let's not ignore that many indigenous people were "converted " to Christianity literally at the point of a sword.

I'm not saying we should force anybody. I'm just saying we should extend our hand. What are we, Starfleet? We're just going to leave them alone because we don't want to disturb their culture? How many tribal people die horribly due to curable medical conditions? These people are in the jungle with stone tools and no shoes on constantly working to avoid starvation.

"They don't want our tech. They like their lives the way they are."

They're afraid of us. They think we're demons and witches. The idea that they wouldn't want tools that can make their lives easier is ridiculous. We need to prove ourselves to them somehow.
Start in Manhattan and San Fransicko.

Forum List

Back