I think the Democrats will lose the House in 2022 Election

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Congresswoman Cheri Bustos, a five-term representative from northwestern Illinois, announced her retirement from the House after her term expires at the end of this session. She won by a 52-48 split in 2020.

The Illinois Democrat had remained a member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s leadership team this year, and few in the caucus directly blamed Bustos for their down-ballot disaster last November. Still, the Illinois Democrat decided not to lead the party arm again, and several people close to Bustos said she had been unhappy in the House in recent years and that her decision was not entirely unexpected.

“As I turn every corner on each decade of life, I take time to reflect and evaluate what my next chapter might bring,” Bustos said in a statement. “That’s how, 10 years ago, I decided to run for Congress. And it’s why, today, I am announcing I will not seek reelection after completing this term.”

Republicans were quick to argue the retirement was a sign of Democrats’ nervousness going into an already difficult midterm election, where the GOP would only need to win back a handful of seats to take back the majority. But Democrats have pushed back, saying that Bustos was not a predictor of a wave of retirements.

Bustos represents a district in northwestern Illinois that has shifted to the right since former President Barack Obama won it handily in 2012. Former President Donald Trump narrowly won her district twice.

Bustos also won reelection by a narrower margin than expected in 2020, defeating her GOP challenger, Esther Joy King, by roughly 4 points. The race — a prime target of Republican campaign operatives — reflected the surprisingly tight margins in many races, particularly in rural areas, around the country. King, an Army reservist, has already launched a second bid.

Bustos, in retiring, chooses to end her time in Congress on her own terms. Multitrillion-dollar spending bills, massive tax increases, and a push for DC statehood, her announcement suggests, does not play in Peoria. Maybe she saw the writing on the wall, what the democrats are doing these days probably plays well in deep blue cities and states, but not so much everywhere else. And while the GOP did not cover itself with glory as the fiscally conservatives they used to be, at least they are far less irresponsible than the democrats are. And it ain't just the spending, it's the end of the filibuster, packing the courts, immigration, abortion, and a host of other things the democrats want to do and will if given the numbers in Congress to pass whatever they want.

In short Bustos may not have been too happy with the direction the House is going in or their methods, but she may also be be realizing that the House is about to flip and her seat will be one of them. Sometimes you gotta get off the boat before it sinks, otherwise it can pull you down with it.

During the midterm election, one-third of the Senate and all 435 seats in the House of Representatives are at stake.

In the 21 midterm elections held since 1934, only twice has the president's party gained seats in both the Senate and the House: Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first midterm election and George W. Bush's first midterm election.

On four other occasions, the president's party gained Senate seats and once it was a draw. On one occasion, the president's party gained House seats. The worst midterm losses tend to occur in a president's first term.

History favors the GOP into 2022.

Congresswoman Cheri Bustos, a five-term representative from northwestern Illinois, announced her retirement from the House after her term expires at the end of this session. She won by a 52-48 split in 2020.

The Illinois Democrat had remained a member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s leadership team this year, and few in the caucus directly blamed Bustos for their down-ballot disaster last November. Still, the Illinois Democrat decided not to lead the party arm again, and several people close to Bustos said she had been unhappy in the House in recent years and that her decision was not entirely unexpected.

“As I turn every corner on each decade of life, I take time to reflect and evaluate what my next chapter might bring,” Bustos said in a statement. “That’s how, 10 years ago, I decided to run for Congress. And it’s why, today, I am announcing I will not seek reelection after completing this term.”

Republicans were quick to argue the retirement was a sign of Democrats’ nervousness going into an already difficult midterm election, where the GOP would only need to win back a handful of seats to take back the majority. But Democrats have pushed back, saying that Bustos was not a predictor of a wave of retirements.

Bustos represents a district in northwestern Illinois that has shifted to the right since former President Barack Obama won it handily in 2012. Former President Donald Trump narrowly won her district twice.

Bustos also won reelection by a narrower margin than expected in 2020, defeating her GOP challenger, Esther Joy King, by roughly 4 points. The race — a prime target of Republican campaign operatives — reflected the surprisingly tight margins in many races, particularly in rural areas, around the country. King, an Army reservist, has already launched a second bid.

Bustos, in retiring, chooses to end her time in Congress on her own terms. Multitrillion-dollar spending bills, massive tax increases, and a push for DC statehood, her announcement suggests, does not play in Peoria. Maybe she saw the writing on the wall, what the democrats are doing these days probably plays well in deep blue cities and states, but not so much everywhere else. And while the GOP did not cover itself with glory as the fiscally conservatives they used to be, at least they are far less irresponsible than the democrats are. And it ain't just the spending, it's the end of the filibuster, packing the courts, immigration, abortion, and a host of other things the democrats want to do and will if given the numbers in Congress to pass whatever they want.

In short Bustos may not have been too happy with the direction the House is going in or their methods, but she may also be be realizing that the House is about to flip and her seat will be one of them. Sometimes you gotta get off the boat before it sinks, otherwise it can pull you down with it.
We need a healthy balance of power. I just very much hope that the balance comes from good hearted and intelligent conservatives and not Trolling Trumpsters. I have little faith that my hopes will become a reality. People seem to be getting dumber and dumber when it should be going the other way.

I don't think there's much doubt that it's the gop's to lose. But it usually flips. when one party wins the WH. That's why the Trumpanzees are literally so hysterical in "having a cow" about losing an election.

I don't think there's much doubt that it's the gop's to lose. But it usually flips. when one party wins the WH. That's why the Trumpanzees are literally so hysterical in "having a cow" about losing an election.
Just think of the shit-fit the Repubs will have if they don't win at mid-terms..

The democrats lost the house in 2020 if only legal vote were counted. 2022 will be no different if the machines and the fraud absentee ballots and the corrupt officials are not "dealt with" now....

Didn’t the GOP gain seats in the HoR in 2020?

During the midterm election, one-third of the Senate and all 435 seats in the House of Representatives are at stake.

In the 21 midterm elections held since 1934, only twice has the president's party gained seats in both the Senate and the House: Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first midterm election and George W. Bush's first midterm election.

On four other occasions, the president's party gained Senate seats and once it was a draw. On one occasion, the president's party gained House seats. The worst midterm losses tend to occur in a president's first term.

Yes it does and for very good reasons. The border, spending, green shit and the American tax payer getting hosed.

Because of what the Biden administration has done in his first 100 days I'd bet the GOP takes the House and the Senate.

The GOP did gain seats, even with the absentee frauds counted, because a lot of the absentee frauds were just marked for traitor Joe, sometimes Joe and a dem senate candidate (AZ, GA). The math is there because the untainted real ballots had the GOP 35 states both state house and senate, yet trump "lost" many of those (all of the fraud states). In reality, there were plenty of GOP house wins that were reversed by fraud.

Trump won all 35 states where the GOP took both the state house and senate. The difference was machine fraud and absentee ballot fraud and the whole laundry list of traditional dem cheating.

We need a healthy balance of power. I just very much hope that the balance comes from good hearted and intelligent conservatives and not Trolling Trumpsters. I have little faith that my hopes will become a reality. People seem to be getting dumber and dumber when it should be going the other way.
there are a few intelligent democrats....surely

I see Dems as dreamers and Reps as doers except for the new Reps are not doers anymore they are whiners and propagandists. Something needs to change

Just think of the shit-fit the Repubs will have if they don't win at mid-terms..
imo the only way the D's can hold the House is if majorities in districts vote that the gop went against their wishes in opposing the $1400 stimulus checks, and if Biden can sell his "infrastructure." But I think he's trying to sell stuff like allowing people who don't earn enough to pay ANY income tax to get a child tax credit. I don't see how that is infrastructure. Meanwhile the Senate has already approved something like 34 Billion for updating water systems. Both my gop senators voted yes. The maj of state gop officials are "yes.' The capitol city's water system is failing.

Sounds logical. Wouldn't surprise us a bit. They are only separated by 6 out of a total of 435 as it stands. If the Democrats do not show solid performance, they can sell to their electorates, they should.

I see Dems as dreamers and Reps as doers except for the new Reps are not doers anymore they are whiners and propagandists. Something needs to change
That's it. If the gop stops being seen as the party of pragmatism, the dems can win this thing. And from what I read, that's Biden's bet for 24 if not 22.

Don't get too excited.

The Democrat Dirty Tricks Department has learned how to steal elections with the scam of unverified mail in and harvested ballots counted in Democrat controlled swing districts. The chances of there ever being another honest election in the US is pretty much non existent.

They won't lose the house so long as their Dominion vote flipping/deleting/fractionalizing machines are still hooked up to the internet and can easily be hacked.

From what I understand, quite a few states are working on upgrades to their election laws so that cheating will be harder to get away with. Doesn't mean voter fraud will not exist, people being people means that won't happen but at least I think it'll be reduced somewhat. How much is open to conjecture.

Forum List

Back