I think someone has been logging into my account

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last few days, whenever I logged in, I would get a message saying that the active user had changed. And then other times throughout the day I'd get randomly logged out, as if someone else was logging into my account and becoming the active user.

I changed my password yesterday and it hasn't happened since.

If any of the technical staff reviews my activity, I do not change my IP address.

So if there are different IP addresses in my recent history, that should answer the question of ''if.''

Will probably never figure out the ''who'' part, though, if that's the case.

And I've enough technical experience to believe that it is the case.
I wondered why you seemed funnier lately ..

I wondered why you seemed funnier lately ..

Oh, well that's because I don't really care any more.

I've just kind of been going with the flow like those two nut sacks on the muppet show.

tumblr_mfpyutI6p51rsm741o1_250.gif

I was told that USMB is owned by Forum Foundry, Inc, but I've always thought it was an NSA data collection front. Their website is a rather vague one-page affair, only presenting an email link to contact them, and this in their banner:

"With a focus on creating engaging communities, Forum Foundry has been building interactive platforms since 2006. Over the years, we have developed hundreds of communities from the ground up, specializing in forums. We firmly believe that online forums are one of the most potent resources available on the Internet, providing a constant stream of information and knowledge to like-minded individuals. Our extensive network of online communities caters to a diverse user base, ranging from hardcore enthusiasts to novice users seeking help."

Linkedin shows Forum Foundry Inc. to be owned by a Doug Siddens of Cedar Park, Texas. Forum Foundry Inc. Also has a Twitter page, but it has no responses and not much information...

https://twitter.com/ForumFoundryInc

Similarweb.com is showing USMB as having 11-50 employees, based in Las Vegas, and has an annual revenue of $2 million - $5 million dollars, but that information might be out of date.

If you do a whois for usmessageboard.com, it shows the server is being hosted by Cloudflare Inc, in San Francisco.

NetRange: 172.64.0.0 - 172.71.255.255
CIDR: 172.64.0.0/13
NetName: CLOUDFLARENET
NetHandle: NET-172-64-0-0-1
Parent: NET172 (NET-172-0-0-0-0)
NetType: Direct Allocation
OriginAS: AS13335
Organization: Cloudflare, Inc. (CLOUD14)
RegDate: 2015-02-25
Updated: 2021-05-26
Comment: All Cloudflare abuse reporting can be done via Abuse approach - Cloudflare
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/172.64.0.0

OrgName: Cloudflare, Inc.
OrgId: CLOUD14
Address: 101 Townsend Street
City: San Francisco
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 94107
RegDate: 2010-07-09
Updated: 2021-07-01
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/CLOUD14

USMB also has a Twitter page, but all of the entries are from 2016.

https://twitter.com/usmessageboard

I've always said that it's very wise practice to never say anything on the www, regardless of what web site, that you wouldn't be perfectly comfortable repeating in court.

Having experience on actual grassroots boards where congressmen and senators may occassionally pop in under screen names has kind of got me used to having ''observers'' in the neighborhood by default. That don't bother me.

Last edited:
Anyway. I guess a maud can probably toss this thread in the Rubber Room now.

I'm sure the mauds have already read the OP anyway, and, as I said, my intent was only to share what was going on.

Or, what I think was going on anyway.

Last edited:
For the last few days, whenever I logged in, I would get a message saying that the active user had changed. And then other times throughout the day I'd get randomly logged out, as if someone else was logging into my account and becoming the active user.

If any of the technical staff reviews my activity, I do not change my IP address.

So if there are different IP addresses in my recent history, that should answer the question of ''if.''

I believe it. I have had messages telling me "You are not allowed to post on this page" and another one I have forgotten. Anyway, I just logged off. That was yesterday, Sunday. Today, so far, so good. ( fingers crossed )

What "if" you Astral projected and left your own body and logged in? :)

Astral projection is an intentional out-of-body experience (OBE). It is often experienced as the spirit or astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the spirit world or astral plane.

1705970150877.jpeg

One of the mods will have hacked into it, allegedly.
It isn't that hard to do from that side depending on your level of access and how the notifications are set up. It is as true on sites like this as it was when Zuckerturd would do it at facebook--even when passwords are salted, you can figure out what they are behind the scene by looking at the unsalted attempted log-in logs. If your password is Bob17* and you accidentally try it as Bobb17* then Bb17* then bob17* or BOB178 you more or less have all but given them your password.

puzzling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back