I Think Some People Need to Remember Exactly What It Was Like During Trump

The lying and pretending about the trump presidency has gotten to the point of absurdity. So let me post a reminder of just exactly how thnigs were, not how The gatewaypundit or Donald Trump tell you they were.

What Happened on March 26, 2020

American cases of COVID-19 exceed all other countries on this date, with 81,578 cases and 1,180 deaths

Record number of Americans file for unemployment - 3.3 million according to US Department of Labor

And this kind of incompetant "leadership" is what y ou wantto go back to?
Yes, under Trump, inflation was low, and 70% of the country didn't say we were headed in the wrong direction and we didn't have hundreds of thousands of illegals crossing our border. But, I can see how terrified you are that Trump is actually going to win.

Wow...talk about using statistics to push a false narrative! Florida's population is FAR older than New York State! We always have had a higher death rate. We always DID! That has zero to do with Republican policies...that has to do with old people dying more often than young people! If you want to talk about "policy" that caused death needlessly then look no further than Cuomo putting patients with Covid back into nursing homes!
OR.........this one.

COVID-19: Texas official suggests elderly willing to die for ...​

1711455475663.png
USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com › news › nation › 2020/03/24

Mar 24, 2020 — Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick appeared on Fox News' 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' and said the U.S. should go 'back to work.'

Coronavirus has Donald Trump and Dan Patrick ready to ...​

1711455534578.png
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › think › opinion › coronavi...

Mar 26, 2020 — The coronavirus has Donald Trump and Dan Patrick prioritizing the economy over senior citizens' lives in an appalling display of ageism.

Let me remind you. People like Nancy Pelosi, and others didn't have the Presidents Daily Brief, and the CIA telling Trump over and over, how bad COVID-19 was.

Trump even confessed to Bob Woodward how bad COVID was, and that despite how bad COVID was, Trump said he would "play it down", saying it was no worse than the FLU, and would go away by itself, and there was no reason to change behavior.
Trump's biggest policy failure during Covid was listening to Anthony Fauci about what we should do about Covid, Postman! You want to blame someone for how bad it was? Why don't you blame the man who helped create Covid and then didn't know what to do to stop it when it escaped the lab in Wuhan!

LOL...and he should have done what as an ex President? That will probably be the dumbest post on this board today...or at least until Joey makes his next post! :)
Trump should have joined the other ex-presidents, urging people to get vaccination against COVID

In Ad Campaign, 4 Ex-Presidents Urge Americans to Get Vaccinated

Former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama appear in the ads. The only living ex-president who did not participate was Donald Trump.

Trump was trying to sabotage the vaccination effort.

1711455684071.png

OR.........this one.

COVID-19: Texas official suggests elderly willing to die for ...

View attachment 922539
USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com › news › nation › 2020/03/24
Mar 24, 2020 — Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick appeared on Fox News' 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' and said the U.S. should go 'back to work.'

Coronavirus has Donald Trump and Dan Patrick ready to ...

View attachment 922540
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › think › opinion › coronavi...
Mar 26, 2020 — The coronavirus has Donald Trump and Dan Patrick prioritizing the economy over senior citizens' lives in an appalling display of ageism.
I hate to point out the obvious, Smokin' but we never should have done lock downs. They didn't work. They simply postponed the inevitable...destroyed our economies and did serious damage to the educations of our children. We should know better now. Unless of course you on the left continue to spread disinformation like the stuff you're posting there!

Trump should have joined the other ex-presidents, urging people to get vaccination against COVID

In Ad Campaign, 4 Ex-Presidents Urge Americans to Get Vaccinated

Former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama appear in the ads. The only living ex-president who did not participate was Donald Trump.

Trump was trying to sabotage the vaccination effort.
Getting the vaccines should NEVER have been mandatory, Postman! Trump grasped that concept. He produced them in record time and made them available to the public in record time. We've never mandated that people had to take an experimental drug or lose their jobs. We did under Covid and that travesty wasn't Trump's fault. That came from the left.

South Korea has Seoul, Japan has Tokyo, two megacities in terms of how many people packed into so little space.

And they did better than the US.
I hope so, the genetics across the globe are different per racial group against different pathogens. So for example, take China, as they're amongst many diseases all their lives, they immune system is different to an Americans. Also, different cultures will adhere to policies greater than others. I would guess Americans are less likely to heed what their government tells them to do compared to the likes of Japan. Even Boris Johnson parties in the UK during COVID.

COVID should have been dealt with in the same way as Chicken Pox parties.

Let nature weed out the tiny tiny tiny percentage and kill off a tiny tiny percentage by having no lockdowns. Anyone who's frightened, stay in.

ou're crazier than Tommy T.

I think you should copy n paste that and start a thread in the conspiracy section, never heard such crap.

The US had high cases because you're all packed into large cities, most of country is empty. Even my Jack Russell knew that.

Japan has even more crowded cities... and yet they had fewer deaths. Why do you think that is?

Interesting. Would you like me to quote what Nancy Pelosi said about the disease in those early months, Joe? Would you like me to remind you what you on the left accused Trump of being when he sought to close travel between China and the US at the beginning of Covid?

What I remember is that Nancy had to make statements like that because a bunch of MAGA Nazis were going around beating the snot out of anyone who looked Asian. And Trump and his brownshirts were using terms like "China Virus" and "Kung Flu" and other racist shit.

Would you like me to remind you of how fast Trump produced vaccines for the disease? Or how he produced so many ventilators we were giving them to other countries?
Naw, what I remember was that his idiot son-in-law sent ventilators to the wrong places, and that the vaccine rollout was a complete jugfuck when they first became available, with shot going bad at the distribution centers.

Then when Biden finally got the distribution straightened out, the Anti-Vaxxers on the right started screaming about how the shot was going to kill us all.

Would you like me to remind you of how opinions have changed about the wisdom of lockdowns and mask mandates?

That people are stupid? Um, yeah. That was my point. Americans resisted those things, thanks to Trump not showing leadership, and the disease was far worse in America than any other country.

The economy was SO much better under Trump it's not even debatable! Under Biden the average American family is spending over a thousand dollars a month MORE buying the same goods and services they were purchasing before Slow Joe's policies created rampant inflation!

Except Americans are making more than they ever have before now. Shit, my income hit six figures in 2022 and 2023.

One of these things that always amazes me is people really think Republicans are better at the economic stuff, when they have been responsible for 10 of the last 11 recessions. (Going back to Ike)

Getting the vaccines should NEVER have been mandatory, Postman! Trump grasped that concept. He produced them in record time and made them available to the public in record time. We've never mandated that people had to take an experimental drug or lose their jobs. We did under Covid and that travesty wasn't Trump's fault. That came from the left.

Yes, it should have been mandetory.
No, Covid denial has been a religious thing for the right. Admitting Covid was denying the ONE TRUE GOD, DONALD TRUMP!!!

Where we screwed up was not having a federal level response. A national plan on how to slow the spread.

Remember, the lockdowns and closed schools were because COVID was growing unchecked. The medical facilities were being overwhelmed. They had to treat ICU patients in the hallways, they had to bring in refrigerated trailers because the morgues were overloaded.
Yet when Trump provided a Navy hospital and the world's largest field hospital to New York City because Andrew Cuomo said they were "overwhelmed"...neither was used. That was a Federal level response by Trump. The screw up was at the local level!

It's what happened from Jan 21st 2017 to March 2020 that people remember about Trump.

The Covid thing was the exception to the rule. Dems plan on introducing another Covid strain during Trump 2.0? Things were ROCKING under Trump 1.0 until dems introduced Covid and shut the country down. They knew Trump was WELL on his way to a 2nd term. Gotta give 'em credit though, they did a great job of causing a panic and then blaming Trump.
You're suffering from a classic case of denial.

Japan has even more crowded cities... and yet they had fewer deaths. Why do you think that is?

What I remember is that Nancy had to make statements like that because a bunch of MAGA Nazis were going around beating the snot out of anyone who looked Asian. And Trump and his brownshirts were using terms like "China Virus" and "Kung Flu" and other racist shit.

Naw, what I remember was that his idiot son-in-law sent ventilators to the wrong places, and that the vaccine rollout was a complete jugfuck when they first became available, with shot going bad at the distribution centers.

Then when Biden finally got the distribution straightened out, the Anti-Vaxxers on the right started screaming about how the shot was going to kill us all.

That people are stupid? Um, yeah. That was my point. Americans resisted those things, thanks to Trump not showing leadership, and the disease was far worse in America than any other country.

Except Americans are making more than they ever have before now. Shit, my income hit six figures in 2022 and 2023.

One of these things that always amazes me is people really think Republicans are better at the economic stuff, when they have been responsible for 10 of the last 11 recessions. (Going back to Ike)
Amazing. You actually found a way to bring Nazis into the Covid debate! LOL

Yet when Trump provided a Navy hospital and the world's largest field hospital to New York City because Andrew Cuomo said they were "overwhelmed"...neither was used. That was a Federal level response by Trump. The screw up was at the local level!

To be fair, few are going to listen to what a game show host is telling them to do under any circumstance.

Different genetics and different culture adhering to or not adhering to government advice.

Let's be honest, who do you think between Americans and the Japanese wouldn't be obedient to government advice! Answers on a postcard.

Yes, it should have been mandetory.
No, Covid denial has been a religious thing for the right. Admitting Covid was denying the ONE TRUE GOD, DONALD TRUMP!!!
Forcing people to take a "vaccine" that hadn't been tested should have been mandatory? Really, Joey? That right there my liberal friend is why you on the left should NEVER be in charge!

Forum List

Back