I saw my anti-vaxing neighbors at CVS yesterday getting their flu shots

Persistence Of Memory

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2019
Good friends but totally anti-vax. There they were, all 5 of them finally protecting themselves and others.

We've had a spell of a bad flu here. One kid died recently. One teenager too. Her mom on TV begging in tears to flu vax your kids.

I don't remember having the flu since childhood Am I lucky? Have decades of the flu shot helped?

I've gotten a flu shot every year since 1999 when Grandma hit the elderly stage. So far not had the flu.

Good friends but totally anti-vax. There they were, all 5 of them finally protecting themselves and others.

We've had a spell of a bad flu here. One kid died recently. One teenager too. Her mom on TV begging in tears to flu vax your kids.

I don't remember having the flu since childhood Am I lucky? Have decades of the flu shot helped?

No, decades of old flu shots mean nothing.

The flu constantly changes and has different strains. Old ones mean nothing to new ones.

It would be akin to saying "Since I have all my old car keys am I more likely to buy a car that I already have the key to." And of course that's not true.

Last edited:

The flu constantly changes and has different strains. Old ones mean nothing to new ones.

It would be akin to saying "Since I have all my old car keys am I more likely to buy a car that I already have the key to?"

How do you know that current flu vaccines are useless?

Every time I visit my doctor he starts bugging me to get a flu shot.

I'm in my 60's and never had the flu and never had a flu shot.

My rational is why jinx myself by getting a flu shot?

I have this feeling that if I get a shot I'll come down with the flu.

Anyone agree with me? ... :cool:

"

Anyone agree with me? "

I agree with you with everything EXCEPT the jinx part.

Yes, decades of flu shots help. In fact they convey some overlapping immunity, so the more you get, the better off you are.

You will come down with mild SYMPTOMS of the flu, but it isnt the flu. It is your body building its immunity to that strain.

Don't do it dude!!! I 've talked to manny who did the same as you only this year they decided to well you know what took place for them now....and no i'm nnot just telling you some bs lie. I'm not a fkd up democrat never was.

It would be akin to saying "Since I have all my old car keys am I more likely to buy a car that I already have the key to?"

Where did I say anything about current vaccines? When did YOU say anything about them? Don't put words into my mouth and then ask about it.

Imagine the panic in the LIB media if scientists started referring to the flu by its scientific name. The whole CNN/MSNBC 24 news cycle fuck-wit bobble heads would be screaming that Trump isn't doing anything about it!

Because virus's evolve quickly.

Forum List

Back