I received details from the court regarding my wifes first court date. Why do I feel so empty knowing this is happening? Where it the humanity?

When you go to court...please...wear a tie....even a jacket would be good. Do not sit with other people if the judge is dealing with many cases that day. Be quiet, respectful and ONLY ANSWER WHAT IS ASKED.. DO. NOT. ADD. Anything.
And don't have a tshirt printed that says SORRY S.O.B. The judge wont think it's as funny as you do.

I am the defendant. If I am charges I will get a lawyer and this will become a very interesting trial. What I've gone through is due to love and loyalty, but I won't allow the narrative to be changed to point at me, she knows what evidence I have and it isn't made up notes...

As it were, I just want to know where we are. Can counselling salvage this?
It might be less salvaging your marriage than salvaging you, and that might be the first priority here. These things can be nasty.

I have spoken to two lawyers, I was advised accordingly. If I am charged, I then purpue a lawyer. I made the phone call, the lawyer said that this alone is a big deal in terms of guilt. On top of her unplugging the phone and not calling the police at all the day she attacked me. I called the next day.
Honestly, I think you should have a lawyer for ANY court appearance where you are a defendent. Don’t wait for charges.

Please help me guys, I literally cried reading this. My life has been ruined from birth, as imperfect as she was, she represented that at least I did what most poor people don't achieve in this country, I fell in love, got married and bought a home.

I am struggling with so much. It's overwhelming me.
You must hire a lawyer.

You must escape from that marriage in order to live a normal life.

Seriously…get some help. You can’t make good decisions in that state of mind. You need help with that before you take another step. And a good lawyer. :smiliehug:
Agree 100%.

Dealing with abuse is extremely difficult for any victim.

Given that the Law of the Land is on the side of the female abuser, being a male victim is much worse.

I have spoken to two lawyers, I was advised accordingly. If I am charged, I then purpue a lawyer. I made the phone call, the lawyer said that this alone is a big deal in terms of guilt. On top of her unplugging the phone and not calling the police at all the day she attacked me. I called the next day.
In Washington State interfering with a call to report a domestic violence incident is an additional crime. I don't know which province you live in but might you all have something similar?

RCW 9A.36.150 Interfering With The Reporting of a Domestic Violence Incident

He's not going to leave the marriage. He doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't want to give up everything he has worked for. And she isn't going to get anymore pleasant. I'd suggest drugs for them both, because the situation isn't going to change. They both need attitudes adjusted to occupy the same space without all the vitriol...

He's not going to leave the marriage. He doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't want to give up everything he has worked for. And she isn't going to get anymore pleasant. I'd suggest drugs for them both, because the situation isn't going to change. They both need attitudes adjusted to occupy the same space without all the vitriol...

No. I just want to know that I tried all I could. I want to be able to speak to God honestly and from the heart, to look myself in the mirror and be able to say with a straight face "you tried your best and left no stone uncovered".

We are married. I made a decision, for better or for worse, 'til death do us part.

I know in todays day and age this might not be a popular stance and maybe I will change my mind tomorrow. However, as it stands now, this is how I feel.

I am the defendant. If I am charges I will get a lawyer and this will become a very interesting trial. What I've gone through is due to love and loyalty, but I won't allow the narrative to be changed to point at me, she knows what evidence I have and it isn't made up notes...

As it were, I just want to know where we are. Can counselling salvage this?
are you aware that no one can change unless THEY want to. No amount of counselling will help if that person is not committed to it. At some point, you're going to have to save yourself. This woman doesn't want to change and she will keep you right where you are. In 30 years if you stay with her,, you will be a very unhappy person full of deep regrets.

No. I just want to know that I tried all I could. I want to be able to speak to God honestly and from the heart, to look myself in the mirror and be able to say with a straight face "you tried your best and left no stone uncovered".

We are married. I made a decision, for better or for worse, 'til death do us part.

I know in todays day and age this might not be a popular stance and maybe I will change my mind tomorrow. However, as it stands now, this is how I feel.
God doesn't want man or woman to stay in an abusive relationship. She may very well kill you one day. Have you thought of that??

If you stay with an abuser, eventually death WILL do you part. Abusers always escalate over time.

Please change your mind ASAP!

and have you seen any willingness to change for the good or has she maintained her condition?
I suppose we are about to find out now. My country is as big a problem as any, our covert police stae stresses everyone out while we fall rapidly behind free, innovative nations. The trickle down effect is real and made my life and ny wifes worse.

Forum List

Back