I miss my hippy days

Space rent on campers is around 35 bucks per night. If I ever did wind up living in my car, it would be near motels..so I can use their wifi...
Gracie, almost every Eagles club, VFW, Moose, American Legion, etc etc in Florida has camping aval

Space rent on campers is around 35 bucks per night.
Gracie, almost every Eagles club, VFW, Moose, etc etc in Florida has camping available for $5 to $10 per night. The place I posted the video of wants about $10 / night, which includes showers. There are lots of such places. You can camp free at the national / state forests. There is one trailer park close to Inverness that charges about $225 / month, BUT if you have a travel trailer, you can "store" the trailer for 6 months or so for $30 / month. That makes your total yearly lot rent about $1575. Don't try to figure all this out yourself, there are people who have already figured it out.

I am DONE with the van. Whew!

qn3dzs.jpg

Below is before I added the drapes.
j0aeeu.jpg

33wod1i.jpg

esuwpe.jpg

Now I wait for Spring. Maybe a nice Road Trip up to Big Sur would be fun. :)

I am DONE with the van. Whew!

qn3dzs.jpg

Below is before I added the drapes.
j0aeeu.jpg

33wod1i.jpg

esuwpe.jpg

Now I wait for Spring. Maybe a nice Road Trip up to Big Sur would be fun. :)

WAY way cool Gracie.
emoticon_10s.gif

All it needs is a hookah centerpiece. :420:

Bring that thing over here, I will Load You Up with psychedelic tuneage...
And you might wanna at least paint a VW circle logo on it so it looks more authentic. Unless you're going for the stealth-surprise effect...

I need to buy the CD of Grand Funk's "I'm Your Captain", get some patchoulie insense, and a tambourine then I will be good to go, lol.

If I painted anything on it, I would paint the Keep On Truckin' dude like I had on my VW van back in 1970. :lol:

kk-251-cat.png

Got black lights? Gotta have fluorescent black light. And a dayglo poster somewhere, maybe the ceiling.

Got black lights? Gotta have fluorescent black light. And a dayglo poster somewhere, maybe the ceiling.
No electricity in the van for a black light. And I don't wanna put anything on my pristine ceiling, lol. This is a mix of hippie and bohemian..leaning more to bohemian. BUT...I think I will make some kind of cover for the two front seats....with the peace sign logo or some crazy hippie flowers on it with fabric paint. That will be a summer project maybe. I just want it to be WARM and SUMMERTIME..and then go on a road trip. A short one, but still..just a little jog up the coast. Maybe close to San Fran but not all the way IN. I don't like big cities. Big Sur sounds really good right now.

No electricity in the van for a black light. And I don't wanna put anything on my pristine ceiling, lol. This is a mix of hippie and bohemian..leaning more to bohemian. BUT...I think I will make some kind of cover for the two front seats....with the peace sign logo or some crazy hippie flowers on it with fabric paint. That will be a summer project maybe. I just want it to be WARM and SUMMERTIME..and then go on a road trip. A short one, but still..just a little jog up the coast. Maybe close to San Fran but not all the way IN. I don't like big cities. Big Sur sounds really good right now.

It's easy to do. I could hook you up. Picture this: dayglo posters on the back seat but they don't really come alive until you flip the hidden switch, on comes the equally-hidden black light, and voom... far out, man!

So...I played with my van. It was a pain in the ass to try to figure HOW I wanted this but I knew WHAT I wanted. Bean bag chair? Nope. They cost 200 bucks plus. Make my own? No clue how and no sewing machine. Crib mattress? Again, too much. Yard sale one? Nah. Don't want one with pissy smell. Twin top mattress would have fit, but too long and didn't want to experiment with cutting it to size. Frame? Build one with wood, but that means getting hubby to do a project and I wanted to do it myself. So...been thinking on this for about a month. Finally it hit me. I have a twin bed metal frame. Just cut off 2 inches so it is not so long. Did it with a hack saw and my hands are paying for it now but it worked. Slid it right in the van after taking the seats out in the back. Slapped Gracies old eggcarton doggy bed in there after removing the cover and keeping just the foam, laid it on top of the plywood I had the lumber store cut to size for me, threw some blankies on top and some body pillows. Total cost to make a bed for my van? 40 bucks for the plywood. This is the results:

331m2rc.jpg

Front seat view looking to back area.

15qu7w3.jpg

Looking in from slider side door. That box has storage stuff in it, plus there is extra storage underneath the frame.
Did you lose weight?....
Oh, never mind.

Why did those decked out mural vans go out of style? Anyone know?
They decided to paint on Uhauls instead.
So many of my RL friends want a van too..like the mural one. They, too, miss the days of getting in it and just putting around with no need of a motel.
We call those tents up here. Much more convenient to store, too.

So...I played with my van. It was a pain in the ass to try to figure HOW I wanted this but I knew WHAT I wanted. Bean bag chair? Nope. They cost 200 bucks plus. Make my own? No clue how and no sewing machine. Crib mattress? Again, too much. Yard sale one? Nah. Don't want one with pissy smell. Twin top mattress would have fit, but too long and didn't want to experiment with cutting it to size. Frame? Build one with wood, but that means getting hubby to do a project and I wanted to do it myself. So...been thinking on this for about a month. Finally it hit me. I have a twin bed metal frame. Just cut off 2 inches so it is not so long. Did it with a hack saw and my hands are paying for it now but it worked. Slid it right in the van after taking the seats out in the back. Slapped Gracies old eggcarton doggy bed in there after removing the cover and keeping just the foam, laid it on top of the plywood I had the lumber store cut to size for me, threw some blankies on top and some body pillows. Total cost to make a bed for my van? 40 bucks for the plywood. This is the results:

331m2rc.jpg

Front seat view looking to back area.

15qu7w3.jpg

Looking in from slider side door. That box has storage stuff in it, plus there is extra storage underneath the frame.
Did you lose weight?....
Oh, never mind.
No. Just wanted more room.

I've been considering building a couple of original hippy vans and offering camping trips. They're called vardoes and look like this:

Nice. Saw them travelling all over Ireland. Tires on mine though please.
I've already go several plans to build one. You can find them on the internet. You can build them to tow behind a vehicle, or a more traditional mode of "motorization".

Forum List

Back