I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

You honestly don’t think the Dems should be pressuring the senate to allow the docs and witnesses that Trump blocked? Is that what the objective side of your mind is telling you?

Witnesses were heard from in Clinton case as you know... Reps have gone on record saying they wouldn’t vote for them in this case. Of course the Dems are going to juice up public pressure. You understand that don’t you?

Do you honestly think that House has right to pressure Senate to do what House wants?

Who do they think they are to boss everyone around, the President, the Senate, who's next... judges?

Trump claim he's within his rights to block the witnesses and documents, he also claim that subpoenas were not legal. Instead of resolving the issue in front of court, for what purpose court also exists, they want to impeach the president for challenging (in his opinion) wrongdoing? Who do you refer to when you say "public pressure"... media or polls?

Yes, there were witnesses on Clinton impeachment trial. Before they were allowed for videotaped deposition, Senate voted on it. There were three witnesses, all of them gave testimony earlier in investigation to Kenneth Starr, so House and Senate already had their testimonies.
Trump is not within his right to block witnesses and documents. The subpoenas were legal or they would not have been granted. This is not the Clinton impeachment. There was no Ken Starr and the nature of the violation is different. trump is being impeached for his wrongdoing not challenging a lie he tells people like you who are going to believe anything he says.

Tfp88cG.jpg
trump has been impeached. There was no attempt to overthrow or reverse. We the real people, want trump to stop blocking witnesses.
Tell your House Clowns they should have gone to court to get a ruling to make them testify.

Why do you hate the American Constitutional system?
they didn't have the leisure of a year or two to fight the Trump stonewalling thru tying it up in the courts.
Yes they did. They just refused to follow protocol.

Your BS about it being an emergency vanished when Nazi set on it for 33 days.

33 days that the Senate would be most of the time on holiday break.

If Trump has proof of innocence, he would provide it.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You honestly don’t think the Dems should be pressuring the senate to allow the docs and witnesses that Trump blocked? Is that what the objective side of your mind is telling you?

Witnesses were heard from in Clinton case as you know... Reps have gone on record saying they wouldn’t vote for them in this case. Of course the Dems are going to juice up public pressure. You understand that don’t you?

Do you honestly think that House has right to pressure Senate to do what House wants?

Who do they think they are to boss everyone around, the President, the Senate, who's next... judges?

Trump claim he's within his rights to block the witnesses and documents, he also claim that subpoenas were not legal. Instead of resolving the issue in front of court, for what purpose court also exists, they want to impeach the president for challenging (in his opinion) wrongdoing? Who do you refer to when you say "public pressure"... media or polls?

Yes, there were witnesses on Clinton impeachment trial. Before they were allowed for videotaped deposition, Senate voted on it. There were three witnesses, all of them gave testimony earlier in investigation to Kenneth Starr, so House and Senate already had their testimonies.
Trump is not within his right to block witnesses and documents. The subpoenas were legal or they would not have been granted. This is not the Clinton impeachment. There was no Ken Starr and the nature of the violation is different. trump is being impeached for his wrongdoing not challenging a lie he tells people like you who are going to believe anything he says.

Talking out of your ass...

trump has been impeached. There was no attempt to overthrow or reverse. We the real people, want trump to stop blocking witnesses.
Tell your House Clowns they should have gone to court to get a ruling to make them testify.

Why do you hate the American Constitutional system?
they didn't have the leisure of a year or two to fight the Trump stonewalling thru tying it up in the courts.
Yes they did. They just refused to follow protocol.

Your BS about it being an emergency vanished when Nazi set on it for 33 days.

33 days that the Senate would be most of the time on holiday break.

If Trump has proof of innocence, he would provide it.

its not his job to prove innocence's,,,

its the houses job to prove guilt,,

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on
I'm sorry that 3 years of false accusations by Democrats refuted by 6 inquiries that the Democrats billed American taxpayers and voters for, failed to get your attention, Mr. or Ms. Slade.
Stick to the subject please I’m not taking about any of that noise, I’m talking about how this impeachment is being handled.

Senate is handling trials in the same fashion they handled Clinton's impeachment trial. If rules were good back then, and supported by all 100 Senators, there is no reason to cry "cover-up" if the same rules are used today.

You seem to be forgetting how House handled Impeachment inquiry just two months ago. Have they followed the rules from previous impeachment of Clinton? No, they set the rules to completely shut House Republicans. They ignored the House rules that allows minority hearing day, they held depositions in House basement, they leaked selective info to the press, etc.

I say, Dems in Senate are treated way better than they treated Reps in the House, and they're still complaining.
That’s a fair argument you make. I don’t think the Dems fairly treated the Republicans in the house. I will say that both sides in the house were performing partisan gamesmanship more than conducting a fair inquiry.... however I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior.

McConnell is following a similar process to Clinton’s trial. There are a few differences so we shall see how it plays out. It appears to me like they are setting up to not allow the Dems to get the documents and witnesses they are asking for... if that’s how it ends up I think the majority of Americans are going to see this as a cover up. There is valid reason to explore that material as it directly relates to the charges at hand.

The republicans were treated fairly. They were there in attendance at everything, had chances to question and call witnesses.
Wrong, you lying douchebag. They weren't allowed to call witnesses and they weren't allowed to ask all the questions they wanted to ask.

He sure as hell is. It's called "executive privilege." In most cases, there were no subpoenas. There certainly wasn't a subpoena for Bolton.

Talking out of your ass...
That's what you are doing.

I'm sorry that 3 years of false accusations by Democrats refuted by 6 inquiries that the Democrats billed American taxpayers and voters for, failed to get your attention, Mr. or Ms. Slade.
Stick to the subject please I’m not taking about any of that noise, I’m talking about how this impeachment is being handled.

Senate is handling trials in the same fashion they handled Clinton's impeachment trial. If rules were good back then, and supported by all 100 Senators, there is no reason to cry "cover-up" if the same rules are used today.

You seem to be forgetting how House handled Impeachment inquiry just two months ago. Have they followed the rules from previous impeachment of Clinton? No, they set the rules to completely shut House Republicans. They ignored the House rules that allows minority hearing day, they held depositions in House basement, they leaked selective info to the press, etc.

I say, Dems in Senate are treated way better than they treated Reps in the House, and they're still complaining.
That’s a fair argument you make. I don’t think the Dems fairly treated the Republicans in the house. I will say that both sides in the house were performing partisan gamesmanship more than conducting a fair inquiry.... however I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior.

McConnell is following a similar process to Clinton’s trial. There are a few differences so we shall see how it plays out. It appears to me like they are setting up to not allow the Dems to get the documents and witnesses they are asking for... if that’s how it ends up I think the majority of Americans are going to see this as a cover up. There is valid reason to explore that material as it directly relates to the charges at hand.

The republicans were treated fairly. They were there in attendance at everything, had chances to question and call witnesses.
Wrong, you lying douchebag. They weren't allowed to call witnesses and they weren't allowed to ask all the questions they wanted to ask.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.
It's 100% correct.

He sure as hell is. It's called "executive privilege." In most cases, there were no subpoenas. There certainly wasn't a subpoena for Bolton.

Executive privilege doesn't apply to wrongdoing. trump does have executive privilege since he has violated his oath and has broken the law.

Executive privilege doesn't apply to wrongdoing. trump does have executive privilege since he has violated his oath and has broken the law.

He hasn't broken any laws, douchebag. He isn't even being impeached for breaking any laws.

Incorrect.
It's 100% correct.
And Paul Bunyan had an blue ox named babe that helped him create the rocky mountains with a plow.

He hasn't broken any laws, douchebag. He isn't even being impeached for breaking any laws.

He has broken laws.

He has broken laws.
Then why isn't he being impeached for that?

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

You didn't watch the House impeachment did you? What the democrats are getting now is exactly what they gave to the Republican's. The house impeachment was 100% one sided in favor of the democrats who decided they were going to impeach Trump before he took office. It's was quite a show. They are also trying desperately to hide the fact Biden confessed on camera to Quid pro Quo and extortion of the Ukrainian government by withholding US aid until the prosecutor looking into Burisma, the company Biden's unqualified son was working for and getting paid $50,000.00 a month to sit on it's board.

Are the Republican's worried about the Truth? I think they are more concerned with getting Trump re-elected.

The real question is, was Trump looking for the truth when he requested the investigation into the Biden's and Burisma be reopened? Yes. He saw the video,Obama didn't do anything and he was the next seated President after Obama. Trump was within his right to ask for this obvious corruption and abuse of power to be investigated. If he is allowed to continue to investigate Biden and son you will find out it's money laundering of tax payer dollars, it's been going on for a while and it will lead right back to the DNC and probably a some Republicans too. Judging by the response of the Democrats to Trumps investigation their stake in this is higher. To say Biden can't be investigated because he is now a political candidate is to say because he's a political candidate Biden is above the law. The Impeachment was decided in 2016 and the conclusion which is equally as decided is he will be acquitted by the Senate.
I don’t care much for the tit for tat excuse. There were things that the Dems did in the house that were not cool. But that doesn’t mean the Reps in the senate should pull the same crap. At some point people in charge need to act like grown ups and just do the right thing.

I agree it's childish but also somewhat justified because it shows the hypocrisy and intent of the left. You'd have to be blind not to see the left are totally bias and only doing this as revenge for 2016 and a form of cheating in the upcoming 2020 election. It's my hope that at some point the Bidens will be called and have to explain themselves and we'll get down to a real trial with actual evidence instead of the hearsay the left presented in the House impeachment trial.

You didn't watch the House impeachment did you? What the democrats are getting now is exactly what they gave to the Republican's. The house impeachment was 100% one sided in favor of the democrats who decided they were going to impeach Trump before he took office. It's was quite a show. They are also trying desperately to hide the fact Biden confessed on camera to Quid pro Quo and extortion of the Ukrainian government by withholding US aid until the prosecutor looking into Burisma, the company Biden's unqualified son was working for and getting paid $50,000.00 a month to sit on it's board.

Are the Republican's worried about the Truth? I think they are more concerned with getting Trump re-elected.

The real question is, was Trump looking for the truth when he requested the investigation into the Biden's and Burisma be reopened? Yes. He saw the video,Obama didn't do anything and he was the next seated President after Obama. Trump was within his right to ask for this obvious corruption and abuse of power to be investigated. If he is allowed to continue to investigate Biden and son you will find out it's money laundering of tax payer dollars, it's been going on for a while and it will lead right back to the DNC and probably a some Republicans too. Judging by the response of the Democrats to Trumps investigation their stake in this is higher. To say Biden can't be investigated because he is now a political candidate is to say because he's a political candidate Biden is above the law. The Impeachment was decided in 2016 and the conclusion which is equally as decided is he will be acquitted by the Senate.
I don’t care much for the tit for tat excuse. There were things that the Dems did in the house that were not cool. But that doesn’t mean the Reps in the senate should pull the same crap. At some point people in charge need to act like grown ups and just do the right thing.

I agree it's childish but also somewhat justified because it shows the hypocrisy and intent of the left. You'd have to be blind not to see the left are totally bias and only doing this as revenge for 2016 and a form of cheating in the upcoming 2020 election. It's my hope that at some point the Bidens will be called and have to explain themselves and we'll get down to a real trial with actual evidence instead of the hearsay the left presented in the House impeachment trial.

Another crazie.

He has broken laws.

They chose two real easy violations so we the people aren't bogged down in legalese.

He has broken laws.

They chose two real easy violations so we the people aren't bogged down in legalese.
Those weren't violations of anything, moron. There is no law against "abuse of power" or "obstruction of Congress." The later is what the Founding Fathers called "separation of powers."

yes, I think both sides have a right and a responsibility to push for what they want as long as it is done in a fair and honest way.

Forum List

Back