I knew I loved Kurt Russell for a reason: Celebs..hush about politics!

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

Home | TheWire

Tags: Hollywood | Media Bias | kurt russell | actors | activism | goldie hawn | politics

Kurt Russell: Actors Should Stick to Day Jobs, Stay Out of Politics
kurt russell smiles on the red carpet as goldie hawn points to something on his upper lip

Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn (Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
By Eric Mack | Thursday, 19 November 2020 03:59 PM

Home | TheWire

Tags: Hollywood | Media Bias | kurt russell | actors | activism | goldie hawn | politics

kurt russell smiles on the red carpet as goldie hawn points to something on his upper lip

Copy Shortlink

It is not a call for censorship as much as just sound professional advice: Kurt Russell says actors should stick to their day jobs and stay out of politics.
It is hurting their place as actors and the industry, Russell told The New York Times.
"Totally," Russell told the Times of actors staying out of making political statements. "I've always been someone who felt we are court jesters. That's what we do.
"As far as I'm concerned, you should step away from saying anything so that you can still be seen by the audience in any character."

Actors need to show some humility in public discourse, he continued.
"There's no reason entertainers can't learn just as much as anybody else about a subject, whatever it is," Russell told the Times. "But I think that what's sad about it is that they lose their status as a court jester. And I'm a court jester. That's what I was born to do."
Russell, 69, who is appearing again with Goldie Hawn, 75, in their Netflix sequel "The Christmas Chronicles: Part Two" on Nov. 25, concluded actors should stay in their lane in society, lamenting the fact many are failing to do so.
"A court jester is the only one who can walk into the castle and put the king down as long as he doesn't hit too close to home," he told the Times. "I think that's been a big, important part of all cultures throughout history, and I'd like to see it stay in ours."

Amen, Kurt and thank you!

Goldie looks great at 75!! And Kurt is still as hot as ever. But the point is..he's right. celebs that give their opinions are screwing over half their base. They are entertainers. So entertain us and stfu about politics.

Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

jack burton.jpg

I second what Mr. Russell says. At the end of the day, everyone has a preference no matter what issue is being addressed and when you think about it good enough, it could be a good thing. Take Thanksgiving for example. How many people do you end up sharing your favorite food with? Do you really want more people in that kind of picture? :) :) :)

God bless you and Mr. Russell always!!!

Holly

Home | TheWire

Home | TheWire

Copy Shortlink

It is not a call for censorship as much as just sound professional advice: Kurt Russell says actors should stick to their day jobs and stay out of politics.
It is hurting their place as actors and the industry, Russell told The New York Times.
"Totally," Russell told the Times of actors staying out of making political statements. "I've always been someone who felt we are court jesters. That's what we do.
"As far as I'm concerned, you should step away from saying anything so that you can still be seen by the audience in any character."

Actors need to show some humility in public discourse, he continued.
"There's no reason entertainers can't learn just as much as anybody else about a subject, whatever it is," Russell told the Times. "But I think that what's sad about it is that they lose their status as a court jester. And I'm a court jester. That's what I was born to do."
Russell, 69, who is appearing again with Goldie Hawn, 75, in their Netflix sequel "The Christmas Chronicles: Part Two" on Nov. 25, concluded actors should stay in their lane in society, lamenting the fact many are failing to do so.
"A court jester is the only one who can walk into the castle and put the king down as long as he doesn't hit too close to home," he told the Times. "I think that's been a big, important part of all cultures throughout history, and I'd like to see it stay in ours."

Amen, Kurt and thank you!
Too late.

I boycott Hollywood now as many other do as well

Screw'em!

And with Covid flying round, everyone else is boycotting them as well.

Oh dear, time to find real jobs.

Forum List

Back