I have just discovered Eric Clapton

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
While watching "Friends" for the thousandth time yesterday, I found myself mesmerized by a haunting melody as Chandler and Monica were dancing, (I had never paid much attention before to that scene or music.)

I decided to do some detective work on the Web and discovered that they were dancing to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." I am unashamed to admit that I found myself gently crying at the scene.

While watching "Friends" for the thousandth time yesterday, I found myself mesmerized by a haunting melody as Chandler and Monica were dancing, (I had never paid much attention before to that scene or music.)

I decided to do some detective work on the Web and discovered that they were dancing to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." I am unashamed to admit that I found myself gently crying at the scene.
Clapton is s sensational musician

here he is playing a tribute to george harrison

You should try Cocaine.

Mr. Clapton has been a wonderful musician for over 50+ years. You're lucky you "discovered" his music. Pretty much ANYTHING by him is worth a listen.

Here's the best cover of it.

When I listen to "Wonderful Tonight" and "When will I see you again?" (sung by the Three Degrees), I can better understand why a lot of (most?) people say "To hell with politics, give me my favorite music!"

You should try Cocaine.

Or just try the song I personally believe influenced the chorus of this song, "Spoonful" by Howlin Wolf. Possibly the most prototypical bluesman since Robert Johnson.

If you disagree that's fine, I tend to make neural associations between music and I believe
musicians often subconsciously replicate their influences in their music. I find that Eric did so with this song.

Or just try the song I personally believe influenced the chorus of this song, "Spoonful" by Howlin Wolf. Possibly the most prototypical bluesman since Robert Johnson.

If you disagree that's fine, I tend to make neural associations between music and I believe
musicians often subconsciously replicate their influences in their music. I find that Eric did so with this song.
It is only natural for humans to replicate anything in the world they are capable of replicating.

84 (in my 85th year).

I had long heard his name, but I had never paid any attention.

So I went to Wikipedia and found out a lot about him.
check out this LP.....

Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek and the Dominos,

1627148056914.png

Forum List

Back