Eric Clapton refuses to play venues if vaccinations are required

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Why is it that the older generation, especially musicians and British who are most outspoken about their freedom?

They came from a time and place when the West was unapologetic about personal freedom vs the Eastern Bloc system. Agree with him or not, he is telling people that they should be free, not following a system that is replicating the communists who so many sacrificed to defeat.

Forget “Layla” — it might be Eric Clapton who’s wielding some foolish pride these days.

The 76-year-old classic rock guitarist, who has become infamous of late for his contentious hot takes on coronavirus “propaganda,” has announced that he will refuse to perform in any venues that require guests to have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

The “Wonderful Tonight” singer made the announcement in response to a recent proclamation by British lawmakers calling for all citizens to present proof of vaccination before entering crowded events.

“Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show,” Clapton said in a statement — made via the Telegram app account of Italian architect Robin Monotti, the Guardian has reported. For his part, Monotti has taken a public stance against legally mandated vaccination.

The statement was published alongside a link to Clapton’s anti-lockdown song, “Stand and Deliver,” written with Van Morrison, 75. The lyrics include the line: “Do you wanna be a free man / Or do you wanna be a slave?”

What is he like eighty? Why would I want to go to an Eric Clapton concert?

Who today is a better musician with a lengthy catalog to pull from? Taylor Swift? Drake? If you are so bold as you refer to them as "musicians".

Go to their concerts and show off your jab mark to the crowd. Stay away from Claptons liberty tour.

I happen to think he is too. Some in their overrated status still surpass what others today in their chosen industry can provide in their prime. That's the reality of music and my own personal taste in it.
I think he is overrated, but I also think Layla was one fucking GREAT album.

I just wish he hadn't become so tired-sounding after that.

I think he is overrated, but I also think Layla was one fucking GREAT album.

I just wish he hadn't become so tired-sounding after that.

I'm not an authority on his career, but as I see it, he remained stuck in the blues, almost defiantly so. He did break out of the mold later in his life out of career necessity I suppose, but he never stretched the boundaries outside of his comfort zone.

His work with the Yardbirds and Cream at such a young age probably set himself up to be complacent as a soloist. The best musicians remain starving artists even when they aren't.

It's good to see Van Morrison in the news, even if it's for this.

I expected his obituary to be the next time I saw of my all time favorites in the news.

Eric Clapton always the best!!!!:mm:

got to agree with him! yes!:up:

The Shape You're In​

What is he like eighty? Why would I want to go to an Eric Clapton concert?

A lot of people love to see the dinosaurs of rock music.

Elton John, The Who, the Rolling Stones are among the large group of musicians still touring since ancient times.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Vastly overrated as a guitarist you can predict every note he is going to play.

See if he changes his attitude when one of his roadies gives him Covid and he ends up in intensive care.

" I'm Eric Clapton, hurry up and get that vaccine up my arse...I'm Eric Clapton, hurry up and get that..."

Vastly overrated as a guitarist you can predict every note he is going to play.

See if he changes his attitude when one of his roadies gives him Covid and he ends up in intensive care.

" I'm Eric Clapton, hurry up and get that vaccine up my arse...I'm Eric Clapton, hurry up and get that..."

Mr. Clapton has reported he DID get the vaccine. If he were to get a case of the 'Ronas, it would prove the ineffectuality of the vax

He just believes in the right to choose and refuses to discriminate.

Nobody wants to see that washed up old RW racist and conspiracy theorist anyway. :cool-45:

“Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands … So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country … I don’t want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white … The black wogs and coons and Arabs and f*cking Jamaicans don’t belong here, we don’t want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don’t want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man … This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for f*ck’s sake? … Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!” -Eric Clapton 1976

Forum List

Back