I have a few questions...

Ditching EC just makes Alaska even more a slave to larger states - which is of course the goal, to make our voices irrelevant because we're conservative and always have been.

Alaska population 800k, under Popular vote we're fucked no matter what we vote because the entire population of our state doesn't stand a chance against /one/ city in the lower 48. Why the hell should we stay "loyal" to a country that has none of /our/ interests in it's heart? Why the hell should we support a system that would intentionally disregard our voice as an /equal/ state in the union?

And that is why I do think the EC does need to be changed......so that it is more reflective of EVERYONE'S vote. Unlike some who would rather just throw it out entirely

Yeah I agree like I said before on time changes and not fair to the people on the west Coast and all. You are right..

Ditching EC just makes Alaska even more a slave to larger states - which is of course the goal, to make our voices irrelevant because we're conservative and always have been.

Alaska population 800k, under Popular vote we're fucked no matter what we vote because the entire population of our state doesn't stand a chance against /one/ city in the lower 48. Why the hell should we stay "loyal" to a country that has none of /our/ interests in it's heart? Why the hell should we support a system that would intentionally disregard our voice as an /equal/ state in the union?

Ironic you should mention Alaska --- when's the last time a Presidential candidate has visited Alaska at all?
I'm not sure it's ever happened.

As you well know, the Duopoly has already set you up as one of their pawns. They decided that the Democrats concede Alaska to the Republicans and the Republicans concede Hawaìi to the Democrats. They can't be bothered. Again one of the eddy effects of the Electrical College ;) is that not only does it perpetuate that Duopoly but everybody is ignored except so-called "battleground" states --- a term which should not even exist, but does thanks to the divisive nature of the EC.

Pogo your god damn democrat party left behind the middle class.. Now you're upset.. That you want to change the electoral college..

Way to funny.

Here is an idea you shit for brains how about the democrats help the middle class?

Again Hunior, I don't have a "party". I've never had a "party". Perhaps whatever "party" you're at should conveniently forget where the rest of the alcohol is.

And by the way there is no "way to funny" with your posts. If you meant an excess that's too. And this is like second grade schooling, imbecile.

It's not ironic that I mention Alaska at all, I live in Alaska...

If you could learn to see past the red and blue you'd realize that presidential campaigns do visit Alaska. Libertarian presidential campaign eyes Alaska, with visit planned by VP candidate

We awarded him with 6% of our vote. Alaska is also one of the founding groups of the Veteran's Party of America. A /lot/ of Alaskans are actually independents who don't stick to R or D party lines, a lot of us are disenfranchised by /both/ major parties but that's a different subject because both the RNC and the DNC have worked very hard to make it neigh impossible for a third party to participate.

It's not ironic that I mention Alaska at all, I live in Alaska...

If you could learn to see past the red and blue you'd realize that presidential campaigns do visit Alaska. Libertarian presidential campaign eyes Alaska, with visit planned by VP candidate

We awarded him with 6% of our vote. Alaska is also one of the founding groups of the Veteran's Party of America. A /lot/ of Alaskans are actually independents who don't stick to R or D party lines, a lot of us are disenfranchised by /both/ major parties but that's a different subject because both the RNC and the DNC have worked very hard to make it neigh impossible for a third party to participate.

Yeah "ironic" wasn't the right term -- "a propos" maybe.

Believe me I do see past the red and the blue. I've been posting on this stuff for at least the last six months making that point.

And yes the Duopoly (I have a single handy term for it) clearly collude to keep alternate parties out including having taken over the debates with their sham "Commission on Presidential Debates" front group. And the Electrical College helps them to perpetuate that Duopoly, one of the many reasons I rail against it.

If two or three big cities are going to rule the entire country then I'll through my monetary weight into breaking up the USA as it no longer represents the interests of the states.
Some on the left don't even realize that the original Constitution was ratified not by popular vote, but by state level representatives, all of whom were ruling elites.

This is the type of media they like to read . . . #NotMyMedia. :badgrin:
15037124_704783469670554_2756303483754387399_n.jpg

And that is why I do think the EC does need to be changed......so that it is more reflective of EVERYONE'S vote. Unlike some who would rather just throw it out entirely

Opening up that can of worms is dangerous though. Look at Pogo's attitude. That's coming from a rural liberal.

The masses of progressive urban metropolitan voters would only seek to reduce the influence of conservative rural states like Alaska if any reforms were attempted.

Now, if you are talking about an electoral reform like the Congressional District Method, that must be left up to the states to decide. You must get involved in your state level politics if you wish to see that reform.

Actually I haven't even been posting on "throwing it out entirely". That's entirely brought up by YOU as an assumption, and that's because listening is not exactly your forté if you get my drift. And you're so bad at it that you actually attached some kind of sedition to your own assumption.

Had you been paying attention instead of worshiping your own voice you'd know by now that what I've been posting about is the EFFECTS of the Electrical College. In history and in the present. HOW it works WHAT it does and WHY it does what it does. That's what I've been doing the entire year. What we do about those effects is an entirely different question, on which I didn't even propose anything. YOU did. So don't put words in my mouth just because you're too busy yapping to read a response. K?

You and I have already agreed here, waaay back, that the status quo has its problems. We're not on different sides. You're just determined to contradict everything I post because that's exactly what you've done since you joined this site, on every topic. Get the fuck over that.

Actually I haven't even been posting on "throwing it out entirely". That's entirely brought up by YOU as an assumption, and that's because listening is not exactly your forté if you get my drift. And you're so bad at it that you actually attached some kind of sedition to your own assumption.

Had you been paying attention instead of worshiping your own voice you'd know by now that what I've been posting about is the EFFECTS of the Electrical College. In history and in the present. HOW it works WHAT it does and WHY it does what it does. That's what I've been doing the entire year. What we do about those effects is an entirely different question, on which I didn't even propose anything. YOU did. So don't put words in my mouth just because you're too busy yapping to read a response. K?
You do know this supposed to be a republic and not a shit eating democracy. You obviously did not understand the rules going into the election… Hildabeast lost… Get the fuck over it. Snowflake
Lol

Now is not the time to change the electoral college. change should always come due to thoughtful clear headed due process.

Now is not the time to change the electoral college. change should always come due to thoughtful clear headed due process.

Love the handle name. "L'enfer -- c'est les autres!" surely applies to this site, especially this thread.

Forum List

Back