I get bored after work.

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2016
Ohio
Well it is that time of year. Kids are going back to school and I am only running one fishing trip per day. I bought a tube just for this part of the year to have something to do. The problem is it takes two people to run a tube and all the other captains are worn out . They just don't wanna do anything after work but dit at a bar and drink beer. Hopefully one of the homes I have bid on will close soon so I can start rehabbing them and will have something to do. I suppose I could start prepping for deer season and get some stands in trees or start baiting. Just not into it yet. Any one else out there winding down and bored?

Well it is that time of year. Kids are going back to school and I am only running one fishing trip per day. I bought a tube just for this part of the year to have something to do. The problem is it takes two people to run a tube and all the other captains are worn out . They just don't wanna do anything after work but dit at a bar and drink beer. Hopefully one of the homes I have bid on will close soon so I can start rehabbing them and will have something to do. I suppose I could start prepping for deer season and get some stands in trees or start baiting. Just not into it yet. Any one else out there winding down and bored?
I am canning veggies lately one more big holiday weekend then I get to take the rest of the year off. Probably do all those things I have put off working on all summer. I used to do house rehabs but my old bones say no.

I am canning veggies lately one more big holiday weekend then I get to take the rest of the year off. Probably do all those things I have put off working on all summer. I used to do house rehabs but my old bones say no.
Ya, I keep saying this is the last one but then I see boredom on the horizon and buy one. One of the properties I bid on will be long term home. I sold all my property in the big city and have nothing but my camper right now. No place to even plant veggies right now. The wicked witch got my mini farm in the divorce. Thought about buying a farm but am tired of owing on a loan. Cash for me for now on. At least so I say. There are some lake front condos for sale I could make a killing air b& b on. They might tempt me into getting loans for.

and have nothing but my camper right now. No place to even plant veggies right now.

You have the foundation for a portable meth lab...your options are boundless.

A few hundred bucks in chemicals to start.

Once you start cookin, you can go for days behind the wheel...cook...rip a fat rail off the dash, and see America!

Win...win...WIN!

Fun, profitable, and adventurous.

Once you return to the boat, you will have lost a few excess pounds (don't we all need that?), and perhaps a tooth or two...but the stories on those fishing trips man.

"Let me tell you boys about an interesting little animal I met this summer...the lot lizard"

"So the state trooper says to me...what ya cookin in that trailer...ass hair?"

Once you start cookin, you can go for days behind the wheel...cook...rip a fat rail off the dash, and see America!

Win...win...WIN!

Once you return to the boat, you will have lost a few excess pounds (don't we all need that?), and perhaps a tooth or two...but the stories on those fishing trips man.

"Let me tell you boys about an interesting little animal I met this summer...the lot lizard"

Well interesting idea there but much like Walter white no one to sell it too .lol. then there is those pesky drug tests the coast guard likes to give out and a failure takes me off the water. Seems it would just be easier to learn to like to drink and turn my ass to the shape of a barstool like the rest of the captains.. Suppose I could go hunt up my bow out of storage and start target practicing. I was just hoping to not have to wade into that pile till I have house to move the shit to. Maybe I will just buy another bow and give my current one to my daughter.

Well interesting idea there but much like Walter white no one to sell it too .lol. then there is those pesky drug tests the coast guard likes to give out and a failure takes me off the water. Seems it would just be easier to learn to like to drink and turn my ass to the shape of a barstool like the rest of the captains.. Suppose I could go hunt up my bow out of storage and start target practicing. I was just hoping to not have to wade into that pile till I have house to move the shit to. Maybe I will just buy another bow and give my current one to my daughter.
'sigh'

Tried bro.

You'll find your path grasshopper.

Namaste.

Ya, I keep saying this is the last one but then I see boredom on the horizon and buy one. One of the properties I bid on will be long term home. I sold all my property in the big city and have nothing but my camper right now. No place to even plant veggies right now. The wicked witch got my mini farm in the divorce. Thought about buying a farm but am tired of owing on a loan. Cash for me for now on. At least so I say. There are some lake front condos for sale I could make a killing air b& b on. They might tempt me into getting loans for.
I didn't want to stop just had to, yes it's boring but there is nothing I can do but accept it.

I didn't want to stop just had to, yes it's boring but there is nothing I can do but accept it.
I am in trouble when that happens. I will likely actually take up drinking at that point. Maybe but me a bi-plane and try flying through a barn upside down.

Right now I
I'm too tired after work to be bored.
Home
Shower
Cook dinner
Relax a couple hours
Goto bed
Rinse/repeat

I wish I had time to be bored
Am used to 20 minute boat prep then 15 hours on water then hour cleaning boat. Now I am only seven hours on water. It is an adjustment.

I lists to keep tracK of the lists of things I have to do. I'm trying to find time to get in a little fishing.

Win...win...WIN!

Mrs Mo is canning like crazy.

I start the dehydrator in the morning and by the time I'm done for the day the dehydrating is done.

Forum List

Back