I find it very disturbing

You know what I never get Redfish is, president Jefferson in his letters argued for a separation of church and state, the supreme court said he was right about it and the constitution.

So ok when did the US government get involved again with religion and marriage?

When did they decided again to get involved with a 6,000 year old religious ceremony?

Why?

I never can understand it?

because RW's across the board have serious issues with queers, and force their local legislators to do something about them... pretty simple when you address the root of the issue.

Every square inch of bullshit starts in the RW camp.

EVERY SQUARE INCH !

Marriage is a religious practice

Has nothing to do with the fucking government

Don't any one see this?

Well, see. You just proved your stupidity.

Marriage has NOTHING to do with Religion and EVERYTHING to do with government.

Everything.

Marriage is a State -Sponsored arrangement, not a religious one.

You really do make a wonderful dimocrap -- Dumb as a box of fucking rocks.

I suggest you read some Plato.

The State determines who is and who isn't married, not religion

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.
We don't vote on rights. We are not a direct democracy. Our Constitution was set up to protect the rights of the minority.

Exactly.

The right always wants more and more laws and more invasive laws.

Get government (and religion) out of our private lives.

You know what I never get Redfish is, president Jefferson in his letters argued for a separation of church and state, the supreme court said he was right about it and the constitution.

So ok when did the US government get involved again with religion and marriage?

When did they decided again to get involved with a 6,000 year old religious ceremony?

Why?

I never can understand it?

because RW's across the board have serious issues with queers, and force their local legislators to do something about them... pretty simple when you address the root of the issue.

Every square inch of bullshit starts in the RW camp.

EVERY SQUARE INCH !
Not me and lesbos

Can you please tell me when and the reason why the US Government decided to regulate marriage?

I thought we had Seperation of church and state?

Don't any one see this?

Marriage was a religious process. Its a state process now.

The only reason marriage was a 'religious' practice was because it was recorded by the same people as The State. In the old, old days, Religion and State were one and the same.

Kinda like the dimocrap party of today.

Don't any one see this?

Legal contracts are one of the roles government must play in a society. Marriage is and, since the beginning of civilization, always has been a legal contract.

You're right that marraige is a civil contract but, if between consenting adults and harms no one, government should have no say in who Redfish or anyone else, marries.

Your severe homophobia will certainly not detain you from xenophobia, so just tell us straight up....why you harbor such hatred for those not like "you".

Let's persuade our resident Jedi Knights, Guardians of The Realm and Keepers of The Faith to open, start, promote and encourage a gay butt-ranger Board so that all of our libturd friends can go there and participate in reach-arounds ad infinitum.

Problem solved.

Well, IDIOT. The suffix 'phobia' is Greek for 'fear'

I don't 'fear' butt rangers, carpet munchers, perverts, child molesters and other various and sundry deviants.....

I don't like the motherfuckers.

Let's just make that clear.

Now, as to what people do in the privacy of their own home? That's private and you know what?

Let's keep it that way.

Ever know the jerkoff that brags about his every conquest at every opportunity? Yes you have. Everybody has. Don't you hate that moron? Of course you do.

Ever known the slut that no woman can trust her man around? Of course you have. Don't be an idiot.

What I object to more than anything else is the 'in your face' aggressiveness of the perverts.

I don't want your sexuality invading my presence. I don't want you trying to force me to listen to your tales of conquest or any other aspect of your fucking pathetic sex life.

Keep it to yourself. As long as you're not hurting anyone, I don't care what the fuck you do. As long as it's between consenting adults, I have no problem with it.

But do me favor. Please.

Just SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT!!!

Freedom of speech is enumerated in the Constitution. I don't like the sexual conquest braggart either, but he has a right to express his idiocy. You have the right to ignore it or leave.

Gay people don't force you to be gay. They just want to have legal marriage. Why is that a big deal? You don't have to accept it, the government does. You can believe they are perverts and no one will stop you. But you don't get to force them, through government, to remain in hiding and to just deal with legal discrimination.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.
Redfish I would say we need a Constitutional amendment or convention
on political beliefs in general, which issues do we AGREE are beliefs that govt cannot force people to change,
and how do we handle these and keep them from mucking up public policy since people, by human nature, won't change their beliefs by govt and force of law but will always fight for defense. Why isn't that defense already recognized by Constitutional laws? Can we agree that political beliefs count as creeds or religion that are protected by law from discrimination? And quit pushing legislation, politicians or parties that threaten to override the beliefs of one side by pushing other beliefs?

The very last thing we need is Big Government and more invasive laws.

This is an issue that government should not have any say in at all.

Hi @Luddy Neddite
and again, what kind of precedent for "free choice" did Obama and liberals set
by using federal govt to issue health care mandates for all people and states?

How can liberals cheer on the Atheist for having a Cross or Bible removed from public domain
because it "promotes one belief" and yet push gay marriage on others against "other beliefs"

Do you see how the Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot?
Pushing one set of beliefs TOO FAR where it starts to exclude, discriminate against and demonize others?

There is NOTHING WRONG with free choice in private.
But if you start pushing beliefs in PUBLIC, then you open the door
for prolife, proChristian, etc. to do the same. Otherwise it is discrimination
to enforce "separation of church and state" for beliefs you don't believe in,
and "inclusion of diversity and free choice" ONLY for beliefs that you support.

Don't any one see this?

Marriage is a legal contract. It requires a license from the state and carries with it a multitude of rights and privileges. You can marry with a license and no religion and you will be married. Marry with religion and no license, and you will not be married. If you want it to be purely religious, then get to your representative and get the state out of the business altogether. Until then, it's not religious.

Don't any one see this?

Well, see. You just proved your stupidity.

Marriage has NOTHING to do with Religion and EVERYTHING to do with government.

Everything.

Marriage is a State -Sponsored arrangement, not a religious one.

You really do make a wonderful dimocrap -- Dumb as a box of fucking rocks.

I suggest you read some Plato.

The State determines who is and who isn't married, not religion
You are so full of shit its not even funny, the state never decided , god did

Don't any one see this?

Legal contracts are one of the roles government must play in a society. Marriage is and, since the beginning of civilization, always has been a legal contract.

You're right that marraige is a civil contract but, if between consenting adults and harms no one, government should have no say in who Redfish or anyone else, marries.

Yes Luddly Neddite so keep the personal terms of Marriage out of govt,
similar to how Atheists sue to remove references to God from public institutions.
If not all people agree on what these words mean without invoking conflicting BELIEFS,
then remove them by "separation of church and state." be consistent or else it's religious discrimination

Redfish I would say we need a Constitutional amendment or convention
on political beliefs in general, which issues do we AGREE are beliefs that govt cannot force people to change,
and how do we handle these and keep them from mucking up public policy since people, by human nature, won't change their beliefs by govt and force of law but will always fight for defense. Why isn't that defense already recognized by Constitutional laws? Can we agree that political beliefs count as creeds or religion that are protected by law from discrimination? And quit pushing legislation, politicians or parties that threaten to override the beliefs of one side by pushing other beliefs?

The very last thing we need is Big Government and more invasive laws.

This is an issue that government should not have any say in at all.

Hi @Luddy Neddite
and again, what kind of precedent for "free choice" did Obama and liberals set
by using federal govt to issue health care mandates for all people and states?

How can liberals cheer on the Atheist for having a Cross or Bible removed from public domain
because it "promotes one belief" and yet push gay marriage on others against "other beliefs"

Do you see how the Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot?
Pushing one set of beliefs TOO FAR where it starts to exclude, discriminate against and demonize others?

There is NOTHING WRONG with free choice in private.
But if you start pushing beliefs in PUBLIC, then you open the door
for prolife, proChristian, etc. to do the same. Otherwise it is discrimination
to enforce "separation of church and state" for beliefs you don't believe in,
and "inclusion of diversity and free choice" ONLY for beliefs that you support.

I stopped reading when I saw you were just trying to derail this thread just like you derail every thread.

If you want to repeat your miles long rant about ObamaCare, start a new thread.

Don't any one see this?

similar to how Atheists sue to remove references to God from public institutions.
If not all people agree on what these words mean without invoking conflicting BELIEFS,
then remove them by "separation of church and state." be consistent or else it's religious discrimination

I believe that is what people are trying to do. You are free to consider your marriage in any way you like, under any terms you like. The government should not be deciding that for you.

You really going to tell me marriage was always decided by the fucking state asshole and not by a man and woman who loved each other?

What a fool

Don't any one see this?

Which brings you full circle to your first post in the thread where you said you want to change the Constitution.

Do you really think its only atheists who value our constitution and work to protect it?

Do you really think that believing in a god or a religion automatically means you don't believe in the First Amendment?

I agree who cares who marries whom, why is the US government involved in a religious practice?

Forum List

Back