I find it very disturbing

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.
Redfish I would say we need a Constitutional amendment or convention
on political beliefs in general, which issues do we AGREE are beliefs that govt cannot force people to change,
and how do we handle these and keep them from mucking up public policy since people, by human nature, won't change their beliefs by govt and force of law but will always fight for defense. Why isn't that defense already recognized by Constitutional laws? Can we agree that political beliefs count as creeds or religion that are protected by law from discrimination? And quit pushing legislation, politicians or parties that threaten to override the beliefs of one side by pushing other beliefs?

We don't vote on rights. We are not a direct democracy. Our Constitution was set up to protect the rights of the minority.

Let's persuade our resident Jedi Knights, Guardians of The Realm and Keepers of The Faith to open, start, promote and encourage a gay butt-ranger Board so that all of our libturd friends can go there and participate in reach-arounds ad infinitum.

Problem solved.

Its one of the most profound civil rights issues in about a generation. And the USSC is hearing cases on the subject in a matter of weeks.

Of course its being discussed.

Why not let those individuals be who they are.
If someone/party wants to divide this country they will find any reason to do so.

It has been voted on. Then the vote was annulled by the courts. Voting is obviously not the answer to bringing the issue to a close. Maybe if we had thought police we could make everyone think one way and that would end the debate.

It has been voted on. Then the vote was annulled by the courts. Voting is obviously not the answer to bringing the issue to a close. Maybe if we had thought police we could make everyone think one way and that would end the debate.

There's a difference between a controversy among people, and a controversy in the law. The former can go on indefinitely. The latter can be rather definitivelyl resolved. The USSC will resolve this issue in June.

You're welcome to think whatever you'd like and debate it to your heart's content after.

Your severe homophobia will certainly not detain you from xenophobia, so just tell us straight up....why you harbor such hatred for those not like "you".

Let's persuade our resident Jedi Knights, Guardians of The Realm and Keepers of The Faith to open, start, promote and encourage a gay butt-ranger Board so that all of our libturd friends can go there and participate in reach-arounds ad infinitum.

Problem solved.

I think what we have is just fine to resolve the issue. It is, in fact, being resolved. It just takes time.

Nope, we are spinning our wheels. Put it to a vote, settle it once and for all.
A majority of Americans already support same-sex marriage, but take it to a national vote and the GOP will still dismiss the results. Many states have already had votes, Maryland included.

Redfish I would say we need a Constitutional amendment or convention
on political beliefs in general, which issues do we AGREE are beliefs that govt cannot force people to change,
and how do we handle these and keep them from mucking up public policy since people, by human nature, won't change their beliefs by govt and force of law but will always fight for defense. Why isn't that defense already recognized by Constitutional laws? Can we agree that political beliefs count as creeds or religion that are protected by law from discrimination? And quit pushing legislation, politicians or parties that threaten to override the beliefs of one side by pushing other beliefs?

The very last thing we need is Big Government and more invasive laws.

This is an issue that government should not have any say in at all.

You know what I never get Redfish is, president Jefferson in his letters argued for a separation of church and state, the supreme court said he was right about it and the constitution.

So ok when did the US government get involved again with religion and marriage?

When did they decided again to get involved with a 6,000 year old religious ceremony?

Why?

I never can understand it?

We don't vote on rights. We are not a direct democracy. Our Constitution was set up to protect the rights of the minority.

Exactly.

The right always wants more and more laws and more invasive laws.

Get government (and religion) out of our private lives.

What's disturbing is the unwarranted fear and hatred of gays. If you and others on the right would simply stop trying to deny gay Americans their civil rights, you'd not have to hear about it any more.

Marriage is a religious practice

Has nothing to do with the fucking government

Don't any one see this?

Your severe homophobia will certainly not detain you from xenophobia, so just tell us straight up....why you harbor such hatred for those not like "you".

Problem solved.

Well, IDIOT. The suffix 'phobia' is Greek for 'fear'

I don't 'fear' butt rangers, carpet munchers, perverts, child molesters and other various and sundry deviants.....

I don't like the motherfuckers.

Let's just make that clear.

Now, as to what people do in the privacy of their own home? That's private and you know what?

Let's keep it that way.

Ever know the jerkoff that brags about his every conquest at every opportunity? Yes you have. Everybody has. Don't you hate that moron? Of course you do.

Ever known the slut that no woman can trust her man around? Of course you have. Don't be an idiot.

What I object to more than anything else is the 'in your face' aggressiveness of the perverts.

I don't want your sexuality invading my presence. I don't want you trying to force me to listen to your tales of conquest or any other aspect of your fucking pathetic sex life.

Keep it to yourself. As long as you're not hurting anyone, I don't care what the fuck you do. As long as it's between consenting adults, I have no problem with it.

But do me favor. Please.

Just SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT!!!

What's disturbing is the unwarranted fear and hatred of gays. If you and others on the right would simply stop trying to deny gay Americans their civil rights, you'd not have to hear about it any more.

And shortly after the SCOTUS ruling here in a couple of months, we won't.

Forum List

Back