I feel sad for Generation X that they missed out on the best period for music circa 1964-1975

Like seriously Generation X have no idea what they missed out on. The older generation such as myself and many of you here who are 60+ we had the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Sly and The Family Stone, Queen, Laura Lee, The Doors, Elton John, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Frank Zappa, Al Green, Stevie Wonder, The Kinks, The Stooges and many more.

Is a shame they missed out on that beautiful innovative groundbreaking period for music.

Discuss.
My youngest got to hear that music since I play it.

You dropped way too much acid as a 7 year at your first Beatles concert.

Or

You’re 62 yrs old. You never even experienced the music that your talking about

I'm being told that I "never experienced" the music I'm talking about from someone who admitted being born in 1990?

I'm being told that I "never experienced" the music I'm talking about from someone who admitted being born in 1990?
You’re born in 1959. You talking about a time period from 1965-1975. You were 6-16 years old.

You were not attending concerts as a 6 yr old.

Even the music section is filled with trolls

You’re born in 1959. You talking about a time period from 1965-1975. You were 6-16 years old.

You were not attending concerts as a 6 yr old.

Even the music section is filled with trolls

I was attending concerts back in 1969, that was the year I started to go to concerts (with my parents then), also I am qualified to talk about a time period I was truly old enough to have experienced, I lived through the culture, saw it first hand, purchased the records when they were actually relevant (none of that fancy deluxe editions) and saw some of my favourites life during their peak.

I was attending concerts back in 1969, that was the year I started to go to concerts (with my parents then), also I am qualified to talk about a time period I was truly old enough to have experienced, I lived through the culture, saw it first hand, purchased the records when they were actually relevant (none of that fancy deluxe editions) and saw some of my favourites life during their peak.
Finally you are talking like a reasonable person and not an assclown. Thank you.

Btw it’s okay to have a different opinion.

Music was good in the 80s and 90s as well.

A different genre and sound, and still 100x better than today’s music

But still, as a 10 yr old you never got the whole experience as someone who would’ve been 20

Like seriously Generation X have no idea what they missed out on. The older generation such as myself and many of you here who are 60+ we had the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Sly and The Family Stone, Queen, Laura Lee, The Doors, Elton John, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Frank Zappa, Al Green, Stevie Wonder, The Kinks, The Stooges and many more.

Is a shame they missed out on that beautiful innovative groundbreaking period for music.

Discuss.

It was tragic growing up in a later genersation when we could just load it all onto our MP3 and listen to whatever we wanted anytime we wanted instead of having to listen to the whole track on the 8 track just to hear the song we wanted then fast forward and repeat again.

Your parents most definitely made you OD on acid
Using my dead parents as part of your insults? You kids of today, also stop trying to tell me about my own experience and you weren't even born to have experienced this, I get the jealously but you trying to tell me about my own life and what I did and didn't is disturbing...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back