I dont understand how someone becomes gay?

I am sure that childhood sexual abuse could definitely play a role. If you are a young boy and you are molested by a man, then that is definitely going to fuck you up in a lot of different ways.
Read my post # 71 and then answer this....So What ? Most every one already agrees that sexual abuse is an awful thing. What do we do now?. What are the implications for how we view homosexuality and how we treat gays.? What is the point of any of this.?

Im not homobophobic I believe in "live and let live" so gays should live too and be free to express themselfes. But I would like to understand how someone becomes gay if its a lifestyle choice or biological etc. and what about bi and pansexuals and do you think our sexually "liberated" culture encourages bi and pansexuality? YouGov | 1 in 2 young people say they are not 100% heterosexual
You might just as well ask how someone becomes straight. It is not necessarily the default orientation. There is a theory that everyone is inherently bi-sexual.

That's doubtful. I'm certainly not sexually attracted to women. Does that mean a gay man CAN be happy with just women?

Is that a serious question? Think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh so everyone else is bisexual except gay men? Most people do not consider themselves bisexual and are clear about their sexuality and what they like.
What on earth are you talking about. I did not say that everyone remains bi sexual now did I. ?? You are making shit up.

You said everyone is inherently bisexual. Perhaps you made an error then.

in·her·ent·ly
inˈhirəntlē,inˈherəntlē/
adverb
  1. in a permanent, essential, or characteristic way.

I am sure that childhood sexual abuse could definitely play a role. If you are a young boy and you are molested by a man, then that is definitely going to fuck you up in a lot of different ways.
Read my post # 71 and then answer this....So What ? Most every one already agrees that sexual abuse is an awful thing. What do we do now?. What are the implications for how we view homosexuality and how we treat gays.? What is the point of any of this.?

So what? That is what this thread topic is about. Lol.

Knowledge is power. Are you saying we shouldn't discuss these things? Why shouldn't we? We view homosexuality for what it is. Most good people will treat people in a fair way.

I remember when I was a kid, my friend had "two aunties." Back when I was small, I didn't realize it, but I'm quite sure looking back that they were lesbians. Of course, in my innocent child like mind, I thought they were just friends/roomies. Lol. Anyways, they lived their lives together in their cute little house and nobody ever bothered them, and they didn't bother anyone else.

You might just as well ask how someone becomes straight. It is not necessarily the default orientation. There is a theory that everyone is inherently bi-sexual.

That's doubtful. I'm certainly not sexually attracted to women. Does that mean a gay man CAN be happy with just women?

Oh so everyone else is bisexual except gay men? Most people do not consider themselves bisexual and are clear about their sexuality and what they like.
What on earth are you talking about. I did not say that everyone remains bi sexual now did I. ?? You are making shit up.

in·her·ent·ly
inˈhirəntlē,inˈherəntlē/
adverb
OK yes my bad. I meant starting out that way, and I didn't present it as fact. I said that it was one theory

Yes but my question stands. It does not mean that it is useful to beat this dead horse just because it's what the thread is about.

Knowledge is power. Are you saying we shouldn't discuss these things? Why shouldn't we? We view homosexuality for what it is. Most good people will treat people in a fair way.
Not saying that it should not be discussed. Just questioning the motives of those who want to prove that sexual abuse is related to homosexuality as well as questioning the usefulness of finding that answer. Like I said. What do we do with that knowledge.?

in·her·ent·ly
inˈhirəntlē,inˈherəntlē/
adverb
OK yes my bad. I meant starting out that way, and I didn't present it as fact. I said that it was one theory

Doubtful. I have never been attracted to women since I was capable of being sexually attracted to people. Not everyone is confused about their sexuality.

Not saying that it should not be discussed. Just questioning the motives of those who want to prove that sexual abuse is related to homosexuality as well as questioning the usefulness of finding that answer. Like I said. What do we do with that knowledge.?

Why wouldn't you want to have the answers? Is ignorance better to you? Who knows what could be done with the information. That is irrelevant. As people we like to know the reasons behind why things happen.

Yes but my question stands. It does not mean that it is useful to beat this dead horse just because it's what the thread is about.

Then stop reading and posting in the thread. Problem solved.

Ok . I'll go away. Just as soon as you or someone tell me how they would use the knowledge that there is a confirmed link between homosexuality and sexual abuse. I see that Kosher Girl is watching. Maybe it will be her although I suspect that she is rather consumed by trying to figure out how to respond to my critique of the article that she posted LOL

Ok . I'll go away. Just as soon as you or someone tell me how they would use the knowledge that there is a confirmed link between homosexuality and sexual abuse. I see that Kosher Girl is watching. Maybe it will be her although I suspect that she is rather consumed by trying to figure out how to respond to my critique of the article that she posted LOL

How would I use it? I'm just having a discussion on a message board, bud. I know you think people who are not gay or who even so much as question gays are "evil" but that isn't the case.

How would I use it? I'm just having a discussion on a message board, bud. I know you think people who are not gay or who even so much as question gays are "evil" but that isn't the case.
What?? Now you are dodging the question....and making an assumption about my sexuality . You know nothing about me. That is not very smart, Sista

Same reason women like older men...the reason for gay women is more complicated (surprise surprise!)

I love term fudge packer, it's hilarious!

What reason is that? I don't see how women liking older men and being gay are even remotely related.
Daddy issues

Where did you get your psychiatry degree? A cereal box?
It happens

People find psychiatry degrees in their cereal boxes?

Seriously though, there would be other reasons to want to date older men, such as they have their shit together (financially and otherwise), they aren't going to be playing video games 24/7 (hopefully), they would be a bit more mature (that's a BIG ?? though, obviously when you read some of the things the older men say on these types of venues :D)
The "OLDER MEN" and women got their education before the education system crumbled into the sorry ass excuse it is today. Higher education is little more that indoctrination camps..... And I also notice you singled out MEN ... seems to me you're a misandrist and a hypocrite to boot

Gay males represent less than 5% of the population. Most estimates state 3 to 4% yet they are responsible for roughly 1/3 of all child molestation cases. So that is less than 5% of the population committing about 33% of the child molestation.

Forum List

Back