I don’t see how sub-Saharan Africa could have done it

Awhile back, in this forum, an Afrocentric poster mentioned advanced steel making in the ancient history of sub-Saharan Africa. I don’t see how sub-Saharan Africa could have had an independent iron age. I say that not because I think Africans of any race are inferior or that the people of Europe or, more precisely, the people of Eurasia are superior. I believe all people of all races have equal potential ability. My problem with an independent sub-Saharan African Iron Age is that I don’t see how people could go directly from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. Africa South of the Sahara had no Bronze age but went from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. How do people do that; making iron is not easy, especially for people with no knowledge of metals?

The people of Eurasia had an advantageous climate for the discovery of metals. One can see how copper could have been accidentally discovered. The cold weather of northern Eurasia would have been the motivation for large bonfires, and a bonfire produces enough heat to melt copper ore. Someone, cleaning out a fire pit could find tiny copper beads. We know from archeology that the ancient people of Eurasia were fascinated with copper. It must have seemed like something from the realm of the gods.

This fascination with copper leads to the heavy production of copper for trade. The intense production of copper leads to the accidental mixing of copper and tin ore and the discovery of bronze. Bronze had a profound effect on the people of Eurasia. Warrior armed with stone weapons had little chance of survival against soldiers armed with bronze.

The intense production of bronze leads to depletion of tin ores, which leads to the search for alternate ores to make more bronze, which in turn leads to the accidental discovery of iron. To be more precise, the discovery of iron bloom which looks nothing like any metal.

It is just not possible a people could discover iron-making without prior knowledge of metals. How would someone know, to repeatedly heat the iron bloom in a forge and beat out the impurity from the iron?

...Europe WAS superior in technology/education/etc
--all facts
That is true, but it is not because the Europeans are racially superior; it because of a simple accident of geography. If the world was positioned so that the equator ran through Eurasia from France to China, it could be the Europeans migrating to Africa for a better life.
..the Romans built aqueducts
..the English lived on a small island with few resources
etc

Awhile back, in this forum, an Afrocentric poster mentioned advanced steel making in the ancient history of sub-Saharan Africa. I don’t see how sub-Saharan Africa could have had an independent iron age. I say that not because I think Africans of any race are inferior or that the people of Europe or, more precisely, the people of Eurasia are superior. I believe all people of all races have equal potential ability. My problem with an independent sub-Saharan African Iron Age is that I don’t see how people could go directly from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. Africa South of the Sahara had no Bronze age but went from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. How do people do that; making iron is not easy, especially for people with no knowledge of metals?

The people of Eurasia had an advantageous climate for the discovery of metals. One can see how copper could have been accidentally discovered. The cold weather of northern Eurasia would have been the motivation for large bonfires, and a bonfire produces enough heat to melt copper ore. Someone, cleaning out a fire pit could find tiny copper beads. We know from archeology that the ancient people of Eurasia were fascinated with copper. It must have seemed like something from the realm of the gods.

This fascination with copper leads to the heavy production of copper for trade. The intense production of copper leads to the accidental mixing of copper and tin ore and the discovery of bronze. Bronze had a profound effect on the people of Eurasia. Warrior armed with stone weapons had little chance of survival against soldiers armed with bronze.

The intense production of bronze leads to depletion of tin ores, which leads to the search for alternate ores to make more bronze, which in turn leads to the accidental discovery of iron. To be more precise, the discovery of iron bloom which looks nothing like any metal.

It is just not possible a people could discover iron-making without prior knowledge of metals. How would someone know, to repeatedly heat the iron bloom in a forge and beat out the impurity from the iron?
They did, and they also made airplanes that could go into space. Everything was awesome and super duper advanced until the white man came.

Godboy
Thats because you cant discredit them. We can however discredit your absurd claims about Africa.

Well for one. Without blk ppl you, Tesla or einstein would not even exist. For we were the first on the planet and two blk ppl were the fathers of everything Tesla or Einstein studied.

Godboy
Thats because you cant discredit them. We can however discredit your absurd claims about Africa.

Well for one. Without blk ppl you, Tesla or einstein would not even exist. For we were the first on the planet and two blk ppl were the fathers of everything Tesla or Einstein studied.
If Africa is the birthplace of man kind, then whats this "we" shit? If your theory is true, the smart people left Africa and went on to develope the world, leaving a bunch of idiot cave men behind in Africa. The idiots werent smart enough to leave for a better place, let alone invent technology. That shitholes developement was completely stunted until the superior westerners returned.

Forum List

Back