I demand the citizenship question be placed back on the census questionnaire

I've learned it was only on the long form and I applaud whoever is responsible for the elimination of the long form. Figures I've seen have about 17% being asked citizenship question. Long and short of it, 2000 census questions:

upload_2019-7-11_17-5-37.png

https://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d3239a.pdf

Trump is unraveling Obumbler's Rays of Hope faster than fast can be. He's got a few methods to re-install the question.

My question is simple. Why didn’t Roberts re-write Trumps citizenship request like he re-wrote and rubber stamped Obama’s RomneyCare?

Its good to see he’s caved once more. It totally undercuts the myth of strength and power and crystalizes the reality of the blob being a weak assed piece of shit.

To whom are you making this demand?

I agree that the citizenship question should be on there.
I've warned my Congressional Representative
You agree that it should be put back in the questionnaire.

Oh, you warned him. I’m sure that’ll get him moving alright

a.gif

The controversy here should not be putting it back on. The real question is who removed it. And we know the answer to that. Barack Hussein O and Michelle (My Belle) O.

Stop ginning up hysteria: Citizenship question on census is nothing new
Stop ginning up hysteria: Citizenship question on census is nothing new

Lost in this partisan uproar is that a citizenship question has appeared in some form or another on censuses throughout our history. Indeed, it was only removed entirely in 2010 by President Obama, and its roots stretch deep into the founding era. It’s worth detailing the history to dispel all the false narratives.
A question about citizenship was proposed for the first time in 1800 by Thomas Jefferson, who advocated for an inquiry into “the respective numbers of native citizens, citizens of foreign birth, and of aliens.” His straightforward reason for wanting such a question was “for the purpose of more exactly distinguishing the increase of population by birth and immigration.” Jefferson got his wish just two decades later, when a version of his question appeared on the census of 1820, which asked how many “foreigners not naturalized” lived in each household.

It all boils down to Democrat voter rolls. Nothing more.

Its good to see he’s caved once more. It totally undercuts the myth of strength and power and crystallizes the reality of the blob being a weak assed piece of shit.

The 2020 census will be just like the 2010 census, no big deal. Please remember who won in 2016, the House, Senate, and Presidency.
Roberts fucked up, not Trump. Roberts fucked up healthcare, allowing Obamacare, and now he fucked up the 2020 census.

Its good to see he’s caved once more. It totally undercuts the myth of strength and power and crystallizes the reality of the blob being a weak assed piece of shit.

The 2020 census will be just like the 2010 census, no big deal. Please remember who won in 2016, the House, Senate, and Presidency.
Roberts fucked up, not Trump. Roberts fucked up healthcare, allowing Obamacare, and now he fucked up the 2020 census.

Hillary got 3M more votes than the blob.

Question 13 from the 2000 census was this
Is this person a CITIZEN of the United States?
We've always had this question I remember answering this question for at least 3 census up until 2010
https://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d02ulpr.pdf

So?

Just who do you think you are?

You're no one. What you want means nothing. You have absolutely no authority to demand anything in regard to the census or our government.

You can demand that all you want but all you're going to get is laughed at.
Go on and say what you really mean, otherwise change that word "you" to THEY or your word "you're" to they're in order to mean exactly what you want to say.

I demand one question be answered about everyone living here. Are you a person?

All others optional.
Yeah, "are you a person" followed up by the finishing touches of the question that continues to find out critical data by also saying "for whom lives on U.S. government assistance" ?????????

We've always had this question I remember answering this question for at least 3 census up until 2010

So?

Just who do you think you are?

You're no one. What you want means nothing. You have absolutely no authority to demand anything in regard to the census or our government.

You can demand that all you want but all you're going to get is laughed at.

It’s not a laughing matter. US Citizens’ representation is being compromised yet you think that is funny.

That a rightist might ‘demand’ something doesn’t justify his fear, bigotry, and hate.

The ‘citizenship’ question is bad faith partisan politics, intended solely to intimidate Hispanic residents into not participating in the census, resulting in an undercount of Latinos, perceived by conservatives as giving Republicans a political advantage.

The fact is conservatives couldn’t care less about the VRA or its enforcement; indeed, most on the right have actively sought to suppress voting rights and disenfranchise voters.

The right’s hostility directed at voting rights is how we know conservatives are lying about the intent of including the ‘citizenship’ question.

... Maybe we can offer 5 million PRs money, a home and free, instant US citizenship on the mainland from their devastated island to vote for him!

Puerto Ricans are already US citizens, genius.

I'm glad you pointed out the question was removed from the census during Obama's terms. I didn't know that and it certainly isn't talked about much in the discussions on this subject.

It isn't talked about because it is bullshit.
Why was the question removed?

Starting in 1970, questions about citizenship were included in the long-form questionnaire but not the short form.

So depending on what form you got it wasn't on the short form.
iin 2010 the American Community Survey was being used instead of the previous form. It did have the citizenship question. but the shorter version did not.

What’s New for Census 2000? Most housing units in the country (about 83 percent) will receive the short-form questionnaire in Census 2000. The Census 2000 short form will be the shortest form in 180 years.

The long form provides socio-economic detail needed for a wide range of government programs and federal requirements. Nationwide, it goes out to one in six housing units.

Every question is required by law to manage or evaluate federal programs or is needed to meet federal case law requirements. Federal and state funds supporting schools, employment services, housing assistance, road construction, hospital services, programs for the elderly and more are distributed based on census figures.

So how does citizenship fit into this reason for the census?

The census is just to count the people in the country.
the short form long form dodge is irrelevant . What is relevant is the question was asked in census of past and was removed in 2010

Forum List

Back