I believe in the power of redemption...

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
forgiveness, and even believe in giving a person as many chances as they need to get things right, but you have to do something to demonstrate that God is working in your life before I will trust you. When I first heard that Mark Sandford was considering running for I thought he was making a mistake, but after reading this I am saying flat out that he does not deserve my trust, or anyone's vote. This is so absurd that it should be a movie.

Just to fill in some background, Sandford took time off as governor, flew off to see his mistress, lied about it, and is now asking his ex wife to run his campaign.

According to Jenny, she had already told Mark she would be taking a pass on the race the day before, at the funeral of a mutual friend. So when Mark came to visit her, he arrived with a proposal. “Since you’re not running, I want to know if you’ll run my campaign,” he said. “We could put the team back together.”
Jenny told him, in so many words, that wasn’t going to happen. Mark made one last appeal.
“I could pay you this time,” he said.

Former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford Runs for Office Again -- New York Magazine

I pray, and am commanded, for forgiveness of my trespasses just as I would forgive those that trespass against me.

Since this dude has never trespassed against me, his trangressions aren't for me to forgive

:cool:

Forum List

Back