I am Seriously Puzzled about This...

Nothing in the constitution prevents additional requirements by statue.

You are changing the requirements to be able to run for President. Yes, that takes an amendment.

Well, not you, man. You'd have refused to get one because you wouldn't want the Negro telling you what to do.

Even brought race into a medical conversation. Nah, you don't have a problem..... :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure that's what happened in the Fox News Cinematic Universe. Out in real America, people didn't buy it.

Hence the term Uninformed Voters.

You are changing the requirements to be able to run for President. Yes, that takes an amendment.

Nope, we are changing the requirements to get on the ballot. For instance, MANY states have "Sore Loser Laws", enacted after the John Anderson fiasco of 1980.

Gettin on the ballot or running for President. What's the difference? If some commie made a law that all candidates must show their tax return, then it defies the requirements in the US Constitution.

Gettin on the ballot or running for President. What's the difference? If some commie made a law that all candidates must show their tax return, then it defies the requirements in the US Constitution.

Well, you tell yourself that.

The law doesn't have to stand, it just has to last long enough to keep Trump off the ballot in 2024.

Romney made a drama out of not voting for Trump, but then Romney, like Paul Ryan before him, was never really a republican, just a greedy cleptocrat looking to benefit self in most expedient manner possible. This is explanation for those same self-professed republicans who say they will vote for Biden, they were never really republicans, they were just as with Romney, simply using the most available path to enrich themselves...
What do you think Trump is? Romney was a Corporate Raider, buying, stealing pensions and jobs from workers.

Trump is just an outright mobster. Stealing you blind.

Maybe those decent Republicans who care more about their Country than a corrupt party think character counts!
No they don’t. They Backed Biden and Harris.

I use to have a friend like you, and he was educated in history and politics, much like you appear to be from your replies.
The problem with both my friend and apparently you as well, is that you sound like an educated idiot.
Based on most all the replies youve made in this thread alone, it shows how you have a twisted outlook.
If the entire world was living in peace and harmony, and we all ate rainbow ice cream, you still wouldnt be happy.

Since you are new here, I'm going to give you the JoeB backstory.

Graduated from UIC in 1985, then went Active Duty Army for another six years (Was in for five years during my college time.)

In the 1980's, I was probably more right wing than you are. Then again, was affiliated with the military, and Reagan and Bush were good for the military.

Got out in 1992 at the rank of Staff Sergeant after the Gulf War, which I thought was a farce, but still voted for Bush-41 because Perot was nuts and Clinton was a sleaze. Voted for Dole and Bush-43 as well.

Then in 2007, I had a serious medical issue, and spent a year fighting with my insurance company and my employer. And despite a great work record and having seniority, my employer pretty much screwed me over. My boss boasted, "That's why I am glad I don't have to deal with a union."

Pretty much realized at that point, that the only real struggle isn't over religion or who gets to marry who or the stuff I used to get upset about. It was the struggle between the working class and the investor class. And despite having some investments, I am clearly working class. I ended 2008 with a massive reduction in pay with my new job, a busted 401K and an underwater mortgage. The fact Bush wasn't banging his interns was no consolation.

Now, that said... in 2008, I still voted for McCain. Because he was a man of honor and integrity, even if I didn't agree with him all the time. Obama was inexperienced and frankly, I really didn't like some of the company he kept.

but the GOP wasn't interested in helping folks like me, they were looking out for the Bankers that got us into this mess.

So we get going into 2012, the Republicans, instead of trying to get right with working class folks, instead doubled down on the worship of Greed and the exaltation of Religious Crazy. They nominated the Crazy Mormon and I was pretty much out at that point.

I realized abortion really doesn't matter. It has no effect on my life. Or Gay Marriage. Or whether or not a Tranny can run in a marathon. All the fake moral panics don't really matter to my pocketbook.

Which brings us to Trump. Trump dropped all the pretense and just appealled directly to the worst bigotry of the GOP base. And a lot of Republicans who should have known better went along with it hoping they could achieve their objectives of screwing the working class to benefit the investor class. He's not a well man, and everyone around him knows it.

Meanwhile, the GOP has become so invested in his cult that McCain is despised, the Bushes are despised, even Reagan probably wouldn't be welcome at this point. (Seriously, he gave illegals amnesty. HERESY in the cult of Trump.)

Someday I might vote for Republicans again, but I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.

Thanks for someone Who lived and thought things through. I admired John McCain. He was a man of integrity.

i still remember Steve Schmidt foisting Palin on him. I did not vote for Obama the first time for the same reason you did not. But he proved me wrong. I gladly voted for him The next time

McCain in his last vote, proved his character. Knowing he had the best health care in the world refused to take it away from millions. Now it is on the line again. Trump and Republicans have wasted 10 years trying to kill it.

Lindsey Graham may yet succeed. Cindy McCain is backing Joe Biden. McCain’s friend.
Democrats always like faux Republicans when they stab their constituents in the back.

I use to have a friend like you, and he was educated in history and politics, much like you appear to be from your replies.
The problem with both my friend and apparently you as well, is that you sound like an educated idiot.
Based on most all the replies youve made in this thread alone, it shows how you have a twisted outlook.
If the entire world was living in peace and harmony, and we all ate rainbow ice cream, you still wouldnt be happy.

Since you are new here, I'm going to give you the JoeB backstory.

Graduated from UIC in 1985, then went Active Duty Army for another six years (Was in for five years during my college time.)

In the 1980's, I was probably more right wing than you are. Then again, was affiliated with the military, and Reagan and Bush were good for the military.

Got out in 1992 at the rank of Staff Sergeant after the Gulf War, which I thought was a farce, but still voted for Bush-41 because Perot was nuts and Clinton was a sleaze. Voted for Dole and Bush-43 as well.

Then in 2007, I had a serious medical issue, and spent a year fighting with my insurance company and my employer. And despite a great work record and having seniority, my employer pretty much screwed me over. My boss boasted, "That's why I am glad I don't have to deal with a union."

Pretty much realized at that point, that the only real struggle isn't over religion or who gets to marry who or the stuff I used to get upset about. It was the struggle between the working class and the investor class. And despite having some investments, I am clearly working class. I ended 2008 with a massive reduction in pay with my new job, a busted 401K and an underwater mortgage. The fact Bush wasn't banging his interns was no consolation.

Now, that said... in 2008, I still voted for McCain. Because he was a man of honor and integrity, even if I didn't agree with him all the time. Obama was inexperienced and frankly, I really didn't like some of the company he kept.

but the GOP wasn't interested in helping folks like me, they were looking out for the Bankers that got us into this mess.

So we get going into 2012, the Republicans, instead of trying to get right with working class folks, instead doubled down on the worship of Greed and the exaltation of Religious Crazy. They nominated the Crazy Mormon and I was pretty much out at that point.

I realized abortion really doesn't matter. It has no effect on my life. Or Gay Marriage. Or whether or not a Tranny can run in a marathon. All the fake moral panics don't really matter to my pocketbook.

Which brings us to Trump. Trump dropped all the pretense and just appealled directly to the worst bigotry of the GOP base. And a lot of Republicans who should have known better went along with it hoping they could achieve their objectives of screwing the working class to benefit the investor class. He's not a well man, and everyone around him knows it.

Meanwhile, the GOP has become so invested in his cult that McCain is despised, the Bushes are despised, even Reagan probably wouldn't be welcome at this point. (Seriously, he gave illegals amnesty. HERESY in the cult of Trump.)

Someday I might vote for Republicans again, but I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.

Thanks for someone Who lived and thought things through. I admired John McCain. He was a man of integrity.

i still remember Steve Schmidt foisting Palin on him. I did not vote for Obama the first time for the same reason you did not. But he proved me wrong. I gladly voted for him The next time

McCain in his last vote, proved his character. Knowing he had the best health care in the world refused to take it away from millions. Now it is on the line again. Trump and Republicans have wasted 10 years trying to kill it.

Lindsey Graham may yet succeed. Cindy McCain is backing Joe Biden. McCain’s friend.
Democrats always like faux Republicans when they stab their constituents in the back.
And Republicans call them Rhinos! What is the difference?

Trump never hid his records. The IRS has every single one of them. He didn't make them available to the general public. It doesn't mean he's hiding something.

Um, yeah, actually the IRS treats them as confidential, so he's hiding them from the Public. He's also fighting to keep the DA in NY from seeing them. That's hiding them.

I'm not talking about H1N1, I'm talking about influenza. Over his two terms, over 200,000 Americans died from it. So if Trump is responsible for the Covid deaths, then logic assumes that Hussein was responsible for the influenza deaths. What's wrong? Are you starting to see how stupid that claim looks with the shoe on the other foot?

Okay, let's look at that. Over 8 years, 200,000 Americans died of influenza... That would be 25K a year.. It would be less if people got their damned shots! Trump killed 10 times that many THIS year.
Everyone I know gets their flu shot every year because they mutate.

The law doesn't have to stand, it just has to last long enough to keep Trump off the ballot in 2024.

If Trump loses, he's done with politics I'm sure unless Joe screws this country up so bad people beg him to come back. If we didn't have the Senate to stop many of his evil plans, that would probably be the case.

Well, you tell yourself that.

That's just fucked up. We don't pass laws just to keep certain individuals who are viable candidates off of ballots.

If Trump loses, he's done with politics I'm sure unless Joe screws this country up so bad people beg him to come back. If we didn't have the Senate to stop many of his evil plans, that would probably be the case.

Well, Trump's done regardless... but the idea is to keep one of his spawn out of the office or any other narcissist with too much money.

Both parties will be very keen to make sure this never happens again.

That's just fucked up. We don't pass laws just to keep certain individuals who are viable candidates off of ballots.

Why not? Frankly, I think we SHOULD know who a president owes money to and who they are doing business with... He wants privacy, stay a private citizen.

Well, Trump's done regardless... but the idea is to keep one of his spawn out of the office or any other narcissist with too much money.

Actually I think we on the right will support a non-politician candidate if one is running. It worked out so well the first time.

Why not? Frankly, I think we SHOULD know who a president owes money to and who they are doing business with... He wants privacy, stay a private citizen.
What you think is not a consideration. The only requirements that can be imposed are related to proving natural born citizenship, age, residency and how many terms as president they've already served.

Actually I think we on the right will support a non-politician candidate if one is running. It worked out so well the first time.

Um, yeah, 235,000 dead, 9 million sick, 65 million jobs lost.

Here's how it's going to look, buddy. By 2024, most people on the right will deny they ever supported Trump. Kind of like by 1980, nobody would admit they had voted for Nixon.

What you think is not a consideration. The only requirements that can be imposed are related to proving natural born citizenship, age, residency and how many terms as president they've already served.

I disagree. I think the one thing Trump proves is that we need much tighter standards on who can be president.

Um, yeah, 235,000 dead, 9 million sick, 65 million jobs lost.

Here's how it's going to look, buddy. By 2024, most people on the right will deny they ever supported Trump. Kind of like by 1980, nobody would admit they had voted for Nixon.

What about all the people who got sick and died from the flu under DumBama? Are people blaming him for it? You people are nothing but hypocrites.

Trump may still be around by 2024. There is so much scrutiny surrounding this election that we need to look under a lot of rocks to find out what happened.

We've been over that... not even comprarable.

It's the exact same thing. The problem is when I present it to you using DumBama, you realize how stupid it is to try and blame a President for a virus because a President doesn't have control over an invisible bacteria or germ.

It's the exact same thing. The problem is when I present it to you using DumBama, you realize how stupid it is to try and blame a President for a virus because a President doesn't have control over an invisible bacteria or germ.

No, it isn't comparable because the flu isn't that deadly and it's 100% preventable if you get off your ass and get a shot.

Covid was deadly. Soon to be Ex-President Trump lied about how deadly it was and undermined people who were trying to do the right thing.

No, it isn't comparable because the flu isn't that deadly and it's 100% preventable if you get off your ass and get a shot.

Covid was deadly. Soon to be Ex-President Trump lied about how deadly it was and undermined people who were trying to do the right thing.

He didn't lie about anything. Trying to reassure people is not lying to them, and Fauci said so himself. Not to worry though, Creepy Joe is assembling a team to shutdown the country and have a federal mask mandate. Kind of sounds like North Korea, huh?

He didn't lie about anything. Trying to reassure people is not lying to them,

Uh, it is if they take unnecessary risks and Die.

1604969676051.png

Forum List

Back