Hydrosonic cleaners

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
I've heard about em for years but never really looked into them. As any shooter I hate cleaning my guns,it's messy and time consuming.
So I started to do some research and decided on the DK 10L model.
Reasonably priced at $299 and it has all the features I was looking for.
I was amazed at how well they worked based on all the YouTube vids I watched.
Also picked up some simple green and some Lucas Oil Bore solvent thats designed to be used in the sonic cleaners.
The Lucas stuff is a bit pricey at $55 bucks for 64 ozs but it's reusable and it gets rid of the second oiling process.
Just pull em out after 15 minutes or so,wipe em down and reassemble and add a touch of lube at the important spots. They also recommend running a bore brush and a patch through it as well.
All and all a Hell of a lot easier than the old fashioned way.

1605983140285.png

They work really well, although I've never tried to clean parts of my pistols and rifles. Not sure how well it removes carbon build up, it's something I need to try. Be careful if though if you let the fluid get dirty, then certain metals can get stained. Usually cheap aluminum or pot metals turn a darker color. Just make sure to keep your fluid clean.

They work really well, although I've never tried to clean parts of my pistols and rifles. Not sure how well it removes carbon build up, it's something I need to try. Be careful if though if you let the fluid get dirty, then certain metals can get stained. Usually cheap aluminum or pot metals turn a darker color. Just make sure to keep your fluid clean.

From what I've read it softens the carbon up enough that it'll wipe right off.
I wont be running anything aluminum in it. But yeah they say to strain it through a coffee filter every once and awhile.
This guy gives a good report on the Lucas Oil Bore Solvent.

I haven't tried them. I have several suppressors and considered. A couple (22lr models) are alum M baffles and tubes.

On silencer central forum one will find 99 people say don't put alum in them and 1 will say no problem. I don't know. Solution formula or something?

I haven't tried them. I have several suppressors and considered. A couple (22lr models) are alum M baffles and tubes.

On silencer central forum one will find 99 people say don't put alum in them and 1 will say no problem. I don't know. Solution formula or something?

I have a bunch of Aluminum in the garage from my machining days.
I'll polish up a piece and toss in in for thirty minutes or so and see what happens.

I've heard about em for years but never really looked into them.
Those are mostly for diamond earrings and wedding rings etc. with prong settings that are intended to let the light shine through and make the stone sparkle, but are actually notorious for collection dirt.
As any shooter I hate cleaning my guns,it's messy and time consuming.
So the guns are only keep the thieves away from "your" jewelry. Nice. And you own a fine shooting piece, but you resent taking care of it properly, and your organization https://joinnra.com/ advocates "reasonable" gun control policies under which anyone you do not want to possess firearms may be arbitrarily committed as mentally insane or a felon or whatnot on any suspicion or concern of "the community."

I've heard about em for years but never really looked into them.
Those are mostly for diamond earrings and wedding rings etc. with prong settings that are intended to let the light shine through and make the stone sparkle, but are actually notorious for collection dirt.
As any shooter I hate cleaning my guns,it's messy and time consuming.
So the guns are only keep the thieves away from "your" jewelry. Nice. And you own a fine shooting piece, but you resent taking care of it properly, and your organization NRA Membership - Why You Should Join advocates "reasonable" gun control policies under which anyone you do not want to possess firearms may be arbitrarily committed as mentally insane or a felon or whatnot on any suspicion or concern of "the community."

Sonic cleaners are used by gun shops nationwide dipshit.
This is no different than a mechanic using air tools to make his job more efficient.
If I had one gun I wouldnt bother,but I frequently take as many as five of my firearms to the range at my lease. Cleaning five firearms would take up a substantial part of my day,maybe you'd prefer tongue washing them just to show how dedicated you are but I think I'll pass.

Sonic cleaners are used by gun shops nationwide dipshit.
You hate guns, you don't want other people to own guns.
Keep a gun oiled, away from water, and run a brush through the barrel.
It's not that hard, and I'm sick of the fingerprints, the DNA collections, and the blatantly false gun charges in court for mental health etc.
If I've been adjudicated in a court of law as batshit insane, but I've always stored and used my guns safely, then there is no cause to revoke my rights and force me to bear the mark of Cain the rest of my life on National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) | Federal Bureau of Investigation when it is abundantly clear that I am not a murderer and I have never been careless with firearms. You legal gun fuckers need to get your affairs in order before you proceed to enforce low-class police-station locker-room trash against us, the disenfranchised and disarmed, using the hammer of the law and the sickle of the grim reaper without the due process of law.

I'll polish up a piece and toss in in for thirty minutes or so and see what happens.

Cool. Please let us know. I believe it may be in the cleaner liquid chem comp itself, not the process. 22 suppressors have a tube, 2 caps, 5 "M" baffles (look like a coffee filter) Very hard to clean. It's not just carbon, it's lead. Now my 223 suppressor stays nice and clean. You can douche it with Hoppes #9, dump and be fine.

Cool. Please let us know. I believe it may be in the cleaner liquid chem comp itself, not the process. 22 suppressors have a tube, 2 caps, 5 "M" baffles (look like a coffee filter) Very hard to clean. It's not just carbon, it's lead. Now my 223 suppressor stays nice and clean. You can douche it with Hoppes #9, dump and be fine.

I did read that pitting can occur in softer metals like aluminum if left in the tank to long and at higher khz.
This one runs at 40 khz for deep cleaning blind holes and 28 khz for surface cleaning.

I did read that pitting can occur in softer metals like aluminum if left in the tank to long and at higher khz.
This one runs at 40 khz for deep cleaning blind holes and 28 khz for surface cleaning.
Oil it, wipe it off, run a brush, cloth wad through the barrel, and leave it alone.
It is not necessary to fatigue the metal with that hypersonic jewelry-cleaning bullshit --- the gun is ruined by that sort of treatment, and acquires a vicious tendency to crack and explode in the shooter's hand.

Oil it, wipe it off, run a brush, cloth wad through the barrel, and leave it alone.
It is not necessary to fatigue the metal with that hypersonic jewelry-cleaning bullshit --- the gun is ruined by that sort of treatment, and acquires a vicious tendency to crack and explode in the shooter's hand.

Are you telling me that gun shops and pro shooters nationwide are ruining their and their customers firearms?
Don't be a clown.

Are you telling me that gun shops and pro shooters nationwide are ruining their and their customers firearms?
Don't be a clown.
I'm not the one clowning around with firearms, raiding other people's gun cabinets, promoting and compelling prostiution, misusing the 911 system, and filing false reports at local police stations.

Forum List

Back