Hurricane Sandy Relief: $50 billion mostly PORK!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
FACTS versus hyperbole, hysteria and plain ignorance!

$50.7 BILLION???? For Sandy relief???
Rep. Bill Flores said he voted with other Republicans against a $50.7 billion emergency relief bill for victims of Hurricane Sandy because the bill was “laden with pork” and nonessential spending.
The bill passed the House late Tuesday without support from most Republicans.

Pork that was included:
PORK: “$500 million for weather forecasting and to help create an ocean zoning plan–the later one of Obama’s pet projects.

PORK!:$2 billion for road construction across the country, ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!! folks this PORK!!!
PORK!:$100 million for Head Start, which prepares low-income toddlers for kindergarten, has received low marks throughout its history, which dates back to 1965. It spends $8 billion a year.
PORK!! $2 million to repair roof damage at Smithsonian buildings in Washington that pre-dates the storm;
PORK!:$150 million for fisheries across the country.”
PORK!:$13 billion request for “mitigation projects” to prepare for future storms. NOT RELIEF but future geez why are people so f..king stupid! This is why we hate congress.. Stupid Spending!

PORK!:$16 billion for the Community Development Block Grant, a slush fund that states and localities
can hand out pretty much anywhere they choose. NOTHING to do with SANDY relief!

Sandy Aid Package Includes Millions for Smithsonian, Space Center, Forests - ABC News

All of this EXCESS spending NOT going for direct SANDY relief!
PORK!
All of this EXCESS spending is a Obama STASH list! Is there any wonder there is a tax payer revolt brewing?

• $200 million hard earned tax dollars payroll tax dollars.. dollars for SS/Medicare .. OUT to pay for A reality TV show in India.
  • $141,450 grant under the Clean Air Act to fund a Chinese Studying pig poop.
  • $84.5 million on AMTRAK food and beverage services in 2011 and $833.8 million over the past 10 years. It has never broken even on these services.
  • $12 million at $27/gallon by The U.S. Navy for 450,000 gallons of biofuel
  • $121 million to host or participate in 1,832 conferences for government employees. In 2008 and 2009
Top 10 Examples of Wasteful Federal Spending in 2012 | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Last edited:
the right hates every part of the country that they feel they dont own.

I have never in my life seen a more heartless party of Americans.

are you dropping drugs in the sweet tea down there or something?

wholey cow how many times in my life have I appaulded money being sent to OK or Miss.

how many times in my life I have cried a tear for the plight of my brothers in Texas or kansas?

How can you people be so heartless after being helped so many times?

Im really really sick of you people allowing sociopaths to direct your party right into the toilet

Sadly, all the pork got their money only Sandy victims haven't seen a dime.

But you will see NO PORK anywhere when this country sends money To that little town in Texas that was wiped off the map by some corporate asshole who refused to care about people while he or she made money.

I will gladly send them money and have already cried a tear for them.

the right hates every part of the country that they feel they dont own.

I have never in my life seen a more heartless party of Americans.

are you dropping drugs in the sweet tea down there or something?

BUT NONE of what I listed was going to Sandy Victims YOU IDIOT!!!

$2 million to fix Smithsonian that had Pre storm damages?
$150 million for fisheries across the country ... what did that have to do with Sandy?

Again, hysterical, hyperbolic idiotic people like you that don't read beyond a 30 second sound bite!

But you will see NO PORK anywhere when this country sends money To that little town in Texas that was wiped off the map by some corporate asshole who refused to care about people while he or she made money.

I will gladly send them money and have already cried a tear for them.

Boo hoo... so compassionate you are !!!

MY goodness your idiotic goodness just flows like your idiocy!

But because of IDIOTS like you that can't obviously read much less comprehend..
The USA compassionately crying tears like you sent hard earned payroll tax dollars allocated for SS/Medicare to pay:
$2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City,

But none of this idiocy compares to your "compassion" over the 1.5 million abortions a year!
Where are your tears for the babies with necks snipped?

Were you crying when your tax monies went to snip the necks of 333,964 paid for by your tax dollars/
"The nation’s largest abortion provider maintained its infamous title, performing 333,964 abortions—a record for the organization that received
45 percent of its revenues from taxpayer-funded government sources during the 2011–2012 fiscal year.
According to analysis by the Susan B. Anthony List, Planned Parenthood has performed almost 1 million abortions in the past three years alone.

Despite the organization’s prominence—performing roughly one out of every four abortions in America—Planned Parenthood has ridden the waves of taxpayer funding to millions of dollars in annual surpluses. Last year, like many before it, Planned Parenthood saw a very comfortable income, reporting excess revenues exceeding $87 million and net assets of more than $1.2 billion.
Planned Parenthood Sets Record for Abortions and Government Funding

PHONY compassion like yours is just sick!

can you say sociopathic

the right seems to think humans are bad for caring about other humans.

jesus can you think of any more ways to damage your party image?

every one of those things you are screaming about are helping people.

some will indirectly help the sandy victims.

You heard it here froma con guys.

building roads is pork

will they refuse to sign a bill for this texas town becuase of the "pork" in it?

no they will themselves ladden it down with everything they want burt have to keep voting against to try and destroy Obama and the democractic congress.

That is more important to the republicans than the American people .

hell they work to keep Americans from voting in elections whenever they can and have done so for decades.

That is undeniable court documented FACTS

No town in Texas was wiped off the map by a corporation that wanted to make more money. Ten years ago there was a permit violation. A permit was not displayed according to the rules. The cause of the explosion was a railcar loaded with ammonia that had heat build up.

The truth or facts never bothered liberals. They just deny it.

yeah those people without homes and without relatives will be so convinced by your stupid ass statement

every one of those things you are screaming about are helping people.

some will indirectly help the sandy victims.

You heard it here froma con guys.

building roads is pork

Absolutely building roads is pork WHEN it wasn't the purpose of the Sandy legislation you idiot!
Do things that directly affect the people that need them was the purpose!

Building roads in Nevada doesn't put food or rebuild their homes in Sandy's wake!

This is one of the Major reasons we have a $16 trillion debt because idiots like you feeling oh so compassionate WITH other people's money!

Why don't you give directly to Sandy victims and cut out the middle man, i.e. Government.. ?

They cut corners and did what they were NOT supposed to do so they could make more money.

Now people are dead and homes are flattended.

what does you sociopathic ass do?

defend the people who just blew up a bomb bigger than in boston and killed more people.

well its OK becuasse their motivation was money?

your party wont let this country opperate.

they filibuster everything.

they are playing the American people to get their poiltical wishes met instread of doing the people work.

90% of voters wanted this last bill on guns.

Yiur party just got through thwarting 90% of the American people for their own gain.

Your so indoctrinated you dont even understand how screwed your party is

will they refuse to sign a bill for this texas town becuase of the "pork" in it?

no they will themselves ladden it down with everything they want burt have to keep voting against to try and destroy Obama and the democractic congress.

That is more important to the republicans than the American people .

hell they work to keep Americans from voting in elections whenever they can and have done so for decades.

That is undeniable court documented FACTS

IDIOT!!! If there is pork in the West relief bill I'll not be happy and I'll write the same way!
PORK IS PORK regardless of the party!
Money needed for Sandy should go for Sandy... Money for West should go for west..
NOT spent on Head start in Oregon.. or spent on roads in Iowa.. but spent directly on Sandy and on West!
Period and I 'll be the first to criticize any one that would put Pork in West!
Besides you know nothing about West,TX... I do! Been there several times... great town, great people. hardworking people that take care of themselves and their neighbors rather then asking for handouts!

"We just want to come and help and do anything we can do.", says Aaron Molina.
He and his mother Nancy drove down from Dallas."

Gonzalez reminded me of the flood of people from coast to coast who dropped everything to be in Southern Colorado and help us when we dealt with last Summer's deadly Waldo Canyon Wildfire. He said we shouldn't forget that helping hand from all over the country including Texas. Gonzalez also said, "The one thing that they asked is that when it's our time our expectation is that you will be there for our community. We are prepared to go at a moment's notice to help them out in many ways. It's repayment to the kindness !

so where is your help "truthbeyondyou"?

See what "real people" do to help their neighbors instead of looking to the government for handouts!
Explosion aftermath: How to help the people of West - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Forum List

Back