Hurricane Otis' Wind Speed Increased by 115 mph in 24 Hours. That's Normal... Right?

Spend more money on CO2 reduction.

You'll feel better.
Try not to chew your hammer & sickle with your mouth full

29707.jpg

China emits more than double our CO2, so every reduction there is more than double ours, right?

The US has been reducing their output for over 2 decades now. And China has been increasing their output by even more than that every year.

The US could reduce their emissions to zero, and China will still continue to pump out more an more every year.

In 1973, U.S. per capita carbon dioxide emissions were 20 times those of China’s

Oh, what hogwash.

You are aware that is in the "Cultural Revolution", right? Where China had almost no industry, and was almost a 19th century agrarian nation, correct? Where they killed millions of their own people through starvations, executions, and crop failures due to mismanagement.

And that "per capita" line is what people use all the time when they hate the facts, so try to hide it behind spin and garbage.

Simple fact, is China responsible for just under 30% of the worlds CO2 emissions, or not?

Is that over double the emissions of the US at just over 14%, or not?

Only liars that want to avoid the facts resort to that "per capita" nonsense.

Only liars that want to avoid the facts resort to that "per capita" nonsense.

The Bottom Line

Per capita is a way of averaging values on a per-person basis to better understand how each individual shares in aggregated figures. In economics, GDP and income per capita are used to understand a country's average level of prosperity and for making like comparisons across countries. You can also use per capita measures of non-economic data, such as alcohol consumption per capita or car crashes per capita.
Prior to the latest violence, Gaza’s water supply was already unable to meet the World Health Organization’s minimum requirement for daily per capita water consumption.

I know what "Per Capita" means.

China also has almost 5 times the population of the US. So that automatically is going to throw off any "per capita" amount.

Fact, yes or no. China is emitting over twice the amount of CO2 than the US does? And that amount is increasing every year as the CO2 emitted by the US is being reduced every year?

This is why it is commonly said that facts can be used to lie. And you are doing that right now.

By the way, Canada per capita emits more CO2 than the US does. So maybe you should go after them, eh? Dirty Canucks, emitting about 1.5% more CO2 than the average American.

I know what "Per Capita" means.
Then why did you say "And that "per capita" line is what people use all the time when they hate the facts, so try to hide it behind spin and garbage."
China also has almost 5 times the population of the US. So that automatically is going to throw off any "per capita" amount.
Throw off?!? That is part and parcel of the unit. The pertinence of per capita is that the fossil fuel consumption provides energy - in the final analysis - for people. If you were going to feed all the Chinese, you'd need to know how much they ate per capita. If you were going to provide them drinking water, you'd need to know what they required per capita. And if you're going to provide them with energy, you'd need to know how much they use per capita. And, of course, there is the moral factor. An American, apparently requires a great deal more food and water and energy, per capita, than does a Chinese individual.
Fact, yes or no. China is emitting over twice the amount of CO2 than the US does?
The Chinese people are each producing a small fraction of the CO2 that US citizens are.
And that amount is increasing every year as the CO2 emitted by the US is being reduced every year?
Americans are each still producing several times the amount of CO2 that each Chinese is producing
This is why it is commonly said that facts can be used to lie. And you are doing that right now.
Per capita values are not lies. You know that. That makes you the liar here.

Then why did you say "And that "per capita" line is what people use all the time when they hate the facts, so try to hide it behind spin and garbage."

Throw off?!? That is part and parcel of the unit. The pertinence of per capita is that the fossil fuel consumption provides energy - in the final analysis - for people. If you were going to feed all the Chinese, you'd need to know how much they ate per capita. If you were going to provide them drinking water, you'd need to know what they required per capita. And if you're going to provide them with energy, you'd need to know how much they use per capita. And, of course, there is the moral factor. An American, apparently requires a great deal more food and water and energy, per capita, than does a Chinese individual.

The Chinese people are each producing a small fraction of the CO2 that US citizens are.

Americans are each still producing several times the amount of CO2 that each Chinese is producing

Per capita values are not lies. You know that. That makes you the liar here.

A country that emits twice as much as we do harms your children twice as much as we do.

I believe that when acting to stop humanities production of GHG, it is a good idea to go after the most concentrated sources first. And, of course, there is the ethical issue. How many times have YOU criticized the rich for flying around in private jets?

I criticize the AGWCult for carrying water for the CCP. I criticize real scientists for not INSISTING that the AGWCult follow the scientific method. The rich flying in jets sounds like all the leading members of the AGW Cult

The topic here is not hurricanes. It is the rapid intensification of hurricanes that is being enabled by record high sea surface temperatures (SST).
You fuckin' moron!

The water gets warmer in the summer and cooler in the fall and winter.

This isn't rocket surgery. :rolleyes-41:

I bet you believe in the existence of an absolute moral authority, don't you Todd.
I bet you don't, and therefore have no moral compass, huh, shitbird?

I ain't no super goody-two-shoes, but I do know how things work in this world.

Something you rely on "experts" for to tell you the obvious or the incredible.

Think about this, thinker boy:

If you don't believe in absolute morality, the way you gauge morality is still based on it, whether you like it or not.

Everyone-Laughing-At-You.png

Prove me wrong! :D

Last edited:
I criticize real scientists for not INSISTING that the AGWCult follow the scientific method.

Many do try that, but then we see the Cancel Culture at work against them.

Hence, they will tell us we must listen to the entertainer that has a BA in engineering. But we must ignore the PhD with a Nobel prize in in physics because... anybody that does not agree is wrong and must be silenced.

Forum List

Back