Hurricane Otis' Wind Speed Increased by 115 mph in 24 Hours. That's Normal... Right?

It is not the single storm. It is the trend of increasing instances of rapid intensification that the warming of the world's oceans - particularly the extreme warming that has taken place in the last year - will produce and which will, by this mechanism, lead to more intense and less predictable storms.

I did not ignore it. You have presented it before but it had NO BEARING on the topic under discussion and I told you so. NONE of the data you presented said anything about rapid intensification or the conditions that produce it.

That is false.

Interesting quote, but it refutes nothing I have posted and provides no support for any of your opposing claims.

The intensification claims are based on MODELING scenarios! you dummy the actual data doesn't support it which YOU have ignored over and over.

The intensification claims are based on MODELING scenarios! you dummy the actual data doesn't support it which YOU have ignored over and over.
The intensification claims are based on empirical storm data. The data DOES support it. The data you posted says absolutely NOTHING about rapid intensification. NOTHING. And you have no basis to object to meteorological and climate studies using modeling when they do. I am tired of the assumption by deniers that they can automatically reject all modeling out of hand. You do NOT possess a basis for such a call and never have.

The intensification claims are based on empirical storm data. The data DOES support it. The data you posted says absolutely NOTHING about rapid intensification. NOTHING. And you have no basis to object to meteorological and climate studies using modeling when they do. I am tired of the assumption by deniers that they can automatically reject all modeling out of hand. You do NOT possess a basis for such a call and never have.
It's fucking weather.

The warmers are quite capable of lying about canes in this area. The last time they did homO was president and a Cat 5 that "hit" did no damage. The "damage" we saw on the TV from this was.... ONE DOWNED TREE;... no storm surge, no levelled houses etc...

Bottom line - the claim of "warmest ever ocean temps" produced a major DUD of a cane season.

Hence, either ocean temps have nothing to do with canes, or the warmers are LYING and FUDGING about ocean temps...

Truth - NO OCEAN WARMING which is why there is no breakout in canes...

You have nothing of substance because you ignore all the official data thus you are exposed as a data denier.

As usual, no.

The primary cause is elevated SSTs. Global warming has elevated SSTs. Ergo, global warming is increasing the incidence of rapid storm intensification.
Let’s see what happens with the next one

You have nothing of substance because you ignore all the official data thus you are exposed as a data denier.

I'm the one with the pertinent links (see below). You put up a bunch of graphs of storm stats that had NO RELEVANCE to this thread. And when I pointed that out, you PUT THEM UP AGAIN.

Forum List

Back