Huntsman supports science

A simple greenhouse experiment you can try at home:

Line a large open bowl with dark cloth or paper.
Place the bowl in the sun and put an inverted paper cup in the bowl. Lay a thermometer across the top of the cup so that you are measuring the air temperature in the bowl.
Note the temperature.
Cover the bowl with a sheet of clear plastic wrap. Note the new temperature reading. The increase in air temperature is due to the trapped heat.

- - - - - - -

The greenhouse effect is a pretty straightforward theory and easily demonstrable.

If CO2 was the equivalent of cellophane, you might have a point. I've checked and it doesn't resemble anything like cellophane.

My cousin a life long strong conservative Republican was a Naval officer for 20 years. He was a submariner. He spoke of the first time they were in the ice near the shelfs in the north sea. He stated that the naval scientists were there to study the ice shelfs. Bud said that the soot was all over the snow on the ice and the land. Soot is black and holds onto heat. White deflects heat.
Do the math. Even the US military supports the thesis that the earth is warming and man has caused part of it.
Soot is from man. No doubt we do not know how much man's pollution has contributed but fact is we have.
No offense but it makes us Republicans look terribly stupid to deny basic scientific fact. Same with evolution. Republicans are being very ignorant there also.

Oh yeah? My wife's cousin's husband once went to the Sahara. He came back 20 years later and commented on how much cooler it was. Especially at night.
Do the math!

Huntsman was done before any debate...he always was an "also ran".
It depends on which scientist you want to listen to with global warming. It's all political at this point....just follow the money.

So any scientist that makes a dollar doing his research is biased because he is getting paid.
All of the scientific research at the cancer research labs where doctors make 450K a year is bogus.
All of the scientific research that has led us from rotary phones to cell technology where I can run one of my businesses from my phone was bogus science because the scientists were paid massive amounts of money.
The getting paid for their scieitific research argument is old, dated and worn out.
Debunked 20 years ago.
I fish and hunt all over. The old salt guides I use in Florida could care less about politics. They will tell you the water has warmed, runoff, improper building and land management and pollution has caused the water to warm in the river there.
Now I will wait for the "man does not cause pollution" argument.
Go put your hand behind the exhaust of your car and tell us if it is hot or cold. Multiply that times a billion.

So global warming is just like development and pollution?
Are you drunk?

Appeal to authority - a logical fallacy.

How about, instead of jumping into the conversation halfway through with an argument that holds absolutely no water, you take the time to understand that I was using it as a supporting source of information (citing a source is not an appeal to authority, sorry).

Would you like to attempt that again?

You're appealing to authority.

Who do you think you're fooling?

Put a fork in him. He is done in the GOP.

God I thought the same thing...........might as well have just stepped up in front of the lectern and lit himself on fire right there. Perry sucked on his response.......had a chance to publically humiliate those who embrace phoney science. At that moment, I was wishing I was answering the question for Perry............in fact......nobody on the stage that night framed it well. Lost opportunity to highlight the fraud of green energy. NOt one of those idiots even said that Spain lost 2 jobs for every 1 green job created. WTF??!!!!

Funny, my neighbor heats his hot water, his house and turns his lights on with phony science. He sells the excess to the power company and travels to Jamaica once a year for free with that $$.
Or maybe it is magic.

Oh yeah? My wife's cousin's husband once went to the Sahara. He came back 20 years later and commented on how much cooler it was. Especially at night.
Do the math!

Have you noticed how the cult members invariably support their religion with logical fallacies? Yet, they claim they are the ones on the side of science. The last time I checked, logic was one of the most important parts of the scientific method.

If that isn't the indication of a cult, I don't know what is.

If CO2 was the equivalent of cellophane, you might have a point. I've checked and it doesn't resemble anything like cellophane.

My cousin a life long strong conservative Republican was a Naval officer for 20 years. He was a submariner. He spoke of the first time they were in the ice near the shelfs in the north sea. He stated that the naval scientists were there to study the ice shelfs. Bud said that the soot was all over the snow on the ice and the land. Soot is black and holds onto heat. White deflects heat.
Do the math. Even the US military supports the thesis that the earth is warming and man has caused part of it.
Soot is from man. No doubt we do not know how much man's pollution has contributed but fact is we have.
No offense but it makes us Republicans look terribly stupid to deny basic scientific fact. Same with evolution. Republicans are being very ignorant there also.

Do the math!

The Sahara covers 12 countries, equvalent to the size of America. The Sahara has a COMBINATION climate.
Try again Moe.

Do the math!

Have you noticed how the cult members invariably support their religion with logical fallacies? Yet, they claim they are the ones on the side of science. The last time I checked, logic was one of the most important parts of the scientific method.

Do you even know what the scientific method is?

It depends on which scientist you want to listen to with global warming. It's all political at this point....just follow the money.

So any scientist that makes a dollar doing his research is biased because he is getting paid.
All of the scientific research at the cancer research labs where doctors make 450K a year is bogus.
All of the scientific research that has led us from rotary phones to cell technology where I can run one of my businesses from my phone was bogus science because the scientists were paid massive amounts of money.
The getting paid for their scieitific research argument is old, dated and worn out.
Debunked 20 years ago.
I fish and hunt all over. The old salt guides I use in Florida could care less about politics. They will tell you the water has warmed, runoff, improper building and land management and pollution has caused the water to warm in the river there.
Go put your hand behind the exhaust of your car and tell us if it is hot or cold. Multiply that times a billion.

Are you drunk?

No, and not ignorant like you.
The water is warming. Water is MOST OF THE GLOBE.
Fool.

Debunked 20 years ago.

Are you drunk?

If it's the result of man's actions it is. Look at the logic of it. If we're putting out more CO2 in DAYS than all the volcanoes on earth do in a normal year, how can we expect not to be having an effect?

Do the math!

I doubt that he even knows what science is.

Do the math!

No, it is a religion in the sense that any contrary information is explained away and those presenting it are shunned and vilified.

Debunked 20 years ago.

Are you drunk?

If it's the result of man's actions it is. Look at the logic of it. If we're putting out more CO2 in DAYS than all the volcanoes on earth do in a normal year, how can we expect not to be having an effect?

How is that logical? Is there some optimal amount of CO2 that can be emitted? What is the effect of X amount of CO2 on the global temperature? Where is the proof?

Do the math!

The scientific method states that truth is arrived at by reproducible experiments. Thus if 5000 scientists say one thing and one scientist says something different and he can produce a reproducible experiment then the one scientist is correct and the 5000 scientists are wrong.
That is scientific method.
Where is the reproducible experiment on man made global warming?

Do you really believe you are destroying the world by exhaling?

That is what this so called "science" claims. How long before some nutcase gets power and decides the only way to save the world is the slaughter of billions of people?

And please don't say it won't happen. History says otherwise.

That is what this so called "science" claims. How long before some nutcase gets power and decides the only way to save the world is the slaughter of billions of people?

Please provide a link to any scientist claiming that we are destroying the world by exhaling.

Please provide a link to any scientist claiming that we are destroying the world by exhaling.

Why? He doesnt claim that. Only that the idiots on this site claim that. You're not one of them, are you?

Why? He doesnt claim that. Only that the idiots on this site claim that. You're not one of them, are you?

He said that science claims that we are destroying the world by exhaling. I asked him to cite a scientist making such a claim. Got it?

Put a fork in him. He is done in the GOP.

A candidate that is logical enough to accept the fact that he isn't a scientist and, that being the case, should defer to expert opinion?

That will never fly with the whacked out base of the GOP!

Plus, their corporate polluter/religious fundy overlords will really take a hit in the wallet if the public starts to pay attention to this.

I like Huntsman. He's too genuine to do a damn thing in the GOP as it is right now. It's a shame. I am pulling for Romney simply because he might actually win and is not batshit loco. Though, Romney is a giant pussy that changes his position at the drop of a hat.

Forum List

Back