Human(s) Chromosome 2 resulted from the Fusion of two Ape Chromosomes: Easily seen.

That's for sure. But, since people don't, then we don't have to go there. We can simply discuss each idea we are discussing without claiming they are fabricating and distorting. It's simply a matter of learning from each other.
Sorry lad, but I prefer some documentation and sources to be cited to validate that what is presented has some foundation of truth and accuracy and isn't some vague and phony poster trying to blow smoke up my backside. Which is the case with a few posters on this thread/topic.

Sorry lad, but I prefer some documentation and sources to be cited to validate that what is presented has some foundation of truth and accuracy and isn't some vague and phony poster trying to blow smoke up my backside. Which is the case with a few posters on this thread/topic.

Dude!

You are responding to the guy whom advances the case for we humans being mutants created by "out of solar system ETs" whom came here as colonists, and then manipulated the genetics of local species to do their work for them, among other agendas.

I'm on a level you haven't reached yet, nor grasped!

Contrary to what you might read from some IDIOT KWEATIOIST Website...
(Like ICR/Institute for Creation Research recently posted here.)
this is a SIMPLE one and a BIGGIE.
Easy to understand/SEE.
We have 23 pairs of Chromos, ALL GREAT Apes 24.
Their 2 a/b fused into our #2 as can be easily seen when put next to one another.

Introduction
All great apes apart from man have 24 pairs of chromosomes. There is therefore a hypothesis that the common ancestor of all great apes had 24 pairs of chromosomes and that the fusion of two of the ancestor's chromosomes created chromosome 2 in humans. The evidence for this hypothesis is very strong.​
The Evidence
Evidence for fusing of two ancestral chromosomes to create human chromosome 2 and where there has been no fusion in other Great Apes is:​
1) The analogous chromosomes (2p and 2q) in the non-human great apes can be shown, when laid end to end, to create an identical banding structure to the human chromosome 2. (1)
2) The remains of the sequence that the chromosome has on its ends (the telomere) is found in the middle of human chromosome 2 where the ancestral chromosomes fused. (2)
3) the detail of this region (pre-telomeric sequence, telomeric sequence, reversed telomeric sequence, pre-telomeric sequence) is exactly what we would expect from a fusion. (3)[/B]​
4) this telomeric region is Exactly where one would expect to find it if a fusion had occurred in the middle of human chromosome 2.
5) the centromere of human chromosome 2 Lines up with the chimp chromosome 2p chromosomal centromere.
6) At the place where we would expect it on the human chromosome we find the Remnants of the chimp 2q centromere (4).
Not only is this Strong evidence for a fusion event, but it is also strong evidence for Common ancestry; in fact, it is hard to explain by any other mechanism.
Human - ape chtromosome 2 banding
Explanations
Telomere evidence
The telomere is a sequence of DNA at the end of the chromosome. The function of the telomere is to protect the ends of the chromosomal DNA strands during replication. The ends of the strands are very vulnerable to mutations or deletions. Telomeres consist of, or contain long stretches of simple DNA sequences that are repeated many times. The telomeres tend to be shortened over time and are restored by an enzyme called telomerase which lengthens the sequence. If the telomere becomes too short in somatic cells, errors in duplication can occur leading to cancers.​
The telomere sequence is highly conserved in different groups of organisms. For example vertebrates have the sequence TTAGGG repeated many times. (In primates the sequence is repeated 500 to 3500 times). Adjacent to the telomere, are regions with other DNA repeats (known as Telomere Associated Repeats) but these regions, rather than being highly conserved, are highly polymorphic - that is they have many variations even within the same species. Nevertheless the pretelomeric region can be easily recognised in closely related species. Occasionally genes are found in the pretelomeric region.​
Now these telomeric and pretelomeric sequences are normally found only on chromosome ends. However, in human chromosome 2, there is strong evidence for chromosome fusing in that there is a pretelomeric sequence, a telomeric sequence, an inverted telomeric sequence and an inverted pretelomeric sequence in that order in the middle of the chromosome.​
Centromere evidence
Turning now to the centromere. The process of somatic cell division (mitosis) is as follows (this is a very brief and simplified summary to explain the centromere):​
[.............]​
[.............]​

I haven't bothered to read this before, because I knew it was absurd just by the title. But I had to see the train wreck.

So, tell me Abu:

How did this fusion happen? Be specific.

How many times did it happen? One time? A million times?

What exactly was produced by this fusion? Be very, very specific.

Be sure to use your own words.

"New research" by a wacky Creationist chemistry professor/Bergman at Northwest State Community College.
Who can only be found on creationist websites, and wrote a book trying to make Darwin a Nazi.
GTFO.
`
This is your typical angry atheist against creationists rant, so the angry idiot has to make up lies to make a point. He is really an embarrasment to the S&T forum.

We know that Darwinism led to the Holocaust because of Darwin's ideas on the "survival of the fittest." This also led to Darwin's cousin, Frances Galton, to come up with Eugenics from On the Origin of Species and The Descent of Man books. The latter book also led to social Darwinism.

Bergman did not call Darwin a Nazi, but wrote a book on Hitler and the Nazi Darwinian Worldview: How the Nazi Eugenic Crusade for a Superior Race Caused the Greatest Holocaust in World History. We know that Darwin and his cousin's ideas led to the Holocaust.

Here's a summary of Bergman's book. "This book takes a fresh look at Germany's most influential Nazi leaders, examining their backgrounds, education and convictions. It provides compelling evidence that the rising influence of Darwinism, eugenics and race theory in early-twentieth century society set the foundation for the Nazi pursuit of engineering a German "master race"-and exterminating European Jews, Gypsies, Blacks, most Slavs and the Christian religion in the ensuing madness of the Holocaust of World War II. The effect of social Darwinism, eugenics and anti-Semitism, and their relative acceptance in the scientific and medical communities of Germany and many other countries worldwide, opened the door to mass murder, medical experimentation and military conquest. This title examines the roots of Nazi ideology and unmasks the Darwinian "survival of the fittest" theory behind it."

We don't have any origins history for humans with Darwinism and evolution, but we do have the human history of the Holocaust and social Darwinism based on evolution and survival of the fittest.

There really isn't a place for angry liars and deliberate prevaricators on the S&T forum. You should GTFO, abu afak!

Last edited:
Dude!

You are responding to the guy whom advances the case for we humans being mutants created by "out of solar system ETs" whom came here as colonists, and then manipulated the genetics of local species to do their work for them, among other agendas.

I'm on a level you haven't reached yet, nor grasped!
Ahhh...Science Fiction instead of Science Truths...

I haven't bothered to read this before, because I knew it was absurd just by the title. But I had to see the train wreck.

So, tell me Abu:

How did this fusion happen? Be specific.

How many times did it happen? One time? A million times?

What exactly was produced by this fusion? Be very, very specific.

Be sure to use your own words.
Like most low IQ Fallacious creationists, you basically want a videotape of eons of mutations/in e ac ions that is just impossible to know/give.
What we do have is an ove whelming ci cums anial, NOT eyewitness case.... Duh.
Demand de ail nonsense.
////////// will fill in mo e la e. Hae los cend-al kee oad keys. ha in o copy paste lette s...unde num e s: ou , ive, and six on key oa d
Impossi le wihou 'r', 't,' etc
`

Like most low IQ Fallacious creationists, you basically want a videotape of eons of mutations/in e ac ions that is just impossible to know/give.
What we do have is an ove whelming ci cums anial, NOT eyewitness case.... Duh.
Demand de ail nonsense.
////////// will fill in mo e la e. Hae los cend-al kee oad keys. ha in o copy paste lette s...unde num e s: ou , ive, and six on key oa d
Impossi le wihou 'r', 't,' etc
`
That's a weird way to say, "I can't answer those questions."

I thought abu afak said, "I'm a dumb shitz" using more words than necessary. He doesn't answer any questions because that way he won't get caught lying as he believes in evolution and atheism.
I answer All serious questions put to me.
Unlike you though, I can say "I/we don't know/know yet," while ALL your answers are the same Religious GodDidIt nonsense.
Bible/god/bible/god/bible/god
bible/god/bible/god/bible
bible/god/bible/god
`

That's a weird way to say, "I can't answer those questions."
You cannot answer anything. ZERO
Just recently it was maybe Seven TROLLING posts of
'umm
uh huh
hmm
um
etc"

That was the Another day when you were blown out of the water by me and decided to go the troll route.
You still have no answers,
No "Intelligent design"
No "apparent design"
No "irreducible complexity"

No Evidence of anything.
`

“Genesis Apologetics”?

It’s bad enough that people get their science from YouTube videos but YouTube videos from fundamentalist creation ministries is just really horrible,
Quoting Seymours Flops, "That's a weird way to say, "I can't answer those questions."

Surprising how many "Science Truths" were seeded via Science Fiction ... ~ ~ ~
Very true. Jules Verne as well as Star Trek. Even Dick Tracy and his communication watch on his wrist. Science takes great imagination and patience. Something these yahoos in this forum who are anti-everything don't have.

Quoting Seymours Flops, "That's a weird way to say, "I can't answer those questions."
It's not weird at all. Science answers questions about the natural world. There's no need to sacrifice farm animals in order to appease angry gods. We can forecast storms that bring thunder and lighting.

It's not weird at all. Science answers questions about the natural world. There's no need to sacrifice farm animals in order to appease angry gods. We can forecast storms that bring thunder and lighting.
You didn't answer it either. You just parroted what the parrots think. And, to think you can forecast the weather is laughable. If that were true, we'd know exactly where a hurricane would land far before it does. Or, tornados as well. You are right today that there is no need to sacrifice animals. Who is doing that? That ended with the atonement of Jesus Christ. Jews, although they deny Christ, don't even sacrifice animals anymore.

Science brings into questions about the natural world. But, rarely does it answer questions that it doesn't bring up even more questions. This "settled science" crap is just people who don't want to find out the truth about anything. Politics and money are more important to them. Not one study on masks has scientifically proven masks slow down or stop the spread of Covid19 or any other virus. Not one.

You didn't answer it either. You just parroted what the parrots think. And, to think you can forecast the weather is laughable. If that were true, we'd know exactly where a hurricane would land far before it does. Or, tornados as well. You are right today that there is no need to sacrifice animals. Who is doing that? That ended with the atonement of Jesus Christ. Jews, although they deny Christ, don't even sacrifice animals anymore.

Science brings into questions about the natural world. But, rarely does it answer questions that it doesn't bring up even more questions. This "settled science" crap is just people who don't want to find out the truth about anything. Politics and money are more important to them. Not one study on masks has scientifically proven masks slow down or stop the spread of Covid19 or any other virus. Not one.
What didn't I answer?

Is weather forecasting really laughable? It's not perfect but weather is very dynamic so there are errors.

Science actually does answer questions about the natural world. If you want to know the time and date for every lunar and solar eclipse for the next 500 years you could ask an astronomer or you could consult the all-knowing, all-seeing Bible. I think we both know where the correct answer will come from.

Forum List

Back