Human Pollution.

Global warming is bad enough. But there is another BIG problem! Overpopulation. About a month ago there was a very interesting news segment on the TV show 60 Minutes. It was called, The Vanishing Wild. Nothing in it was a surprise to me, but they did make some interesting points. (Some come from the show, some are my own) Such as that the last time human life was sustainable on Earth was in 1970. When there was around 3.5 billion people on Earth. Now there are over 8 billion. In the past 50 years, global wildlife has decreased by 69%. Every year about 150 species of animal goes extinct. We are consuming 175% more than the Earth can regenerate. And though it is possible that could included fossil fuels in that, I doubt if they meant that.

Also, the U.S. is losing soil 10 times faster than its natural replenishment rate. Each year we lose around 960 million tons of topsoil. Places like China and India are even worse. They are losing soil at 30 to 40 times faster than its natural replenishment rate. Another thing is that in the Amazon alone, each day about 200,000 acres of forest is burned. That is around 78 million acres a year.

Another point is that every single day there are about 228,000 more people on the planet than there was the day before. But the population of White people isn't rising. In some places it is even going down a little. Despite all this, that moron Biden is letting just about everybody from south of the border that wants to enter the U.S. to do so. Why would he care. That old douchbag doesn't have much longer to live anyway. So what is the future matter to him. (Not that republicans are any better)

There was a movie made once that was very very loosely based on an actual event called "Abandon Ship!" It was about the captain of a lifeboat who had to turn people away so that those on the lifeboat could survive. We are in the same position. When swarms of humans begin to be like swarms of locusts, what is needed is come crop dusting with insecticide. Or "humacide." Not letting them in to increase their swarm here. Which they are. I will include the URL of the 60 Minutes episode I mentioned. I doubt if it will work. So you will just have to go to youtube and look up the episode yourself. I suggest you watch it.

A lot of what you posted is exaggerations some are just lies since there is no evidence for this claim at all:

Every year about 150 species of animal goes extinct.
===

Flat out lie:

Also, the U.S. is losing soil 10 times faster than its natural replenishment rate. Each year we lose around 960 million tons of topsoil.
===

This is pure bullshit!

Another thing is that in the Amazon alone, each day about 200,000 acres of forest is burned. That is around 78 million acres a year.

There are plenty of evidence of stress to point too but lying and exaggeration isn't a proper basis for concern to build on.

The Amazon was actually transformed centuries ago when there was widespread habitation in the region that is now covered over:

Wikipedia,

Human activity​

Based on archaeological evidence from an excavation at Caverna da Pedra Pintada, human inhabitants first settled in the Amazon region at least 11,200 years ago.[26] Subsequent development led to late-prehistoric settlements along the periphery of the forest by AD 1250, which induced alterations in the forest cover.

and,

However, recent anthropological findings have suggested that the region was actually densely populated. Some 5 million people may have lived in the Amazon region in AD 1500, divided between dense coastal settlements, such as that at Marajó, and inland dwellers.[29] By 1900, the population had fallen to 1 million and by the early 1980s it was less than 200,000.

and,

The first European to travel the length of the Amazon River was Francisco de Orellana in 1542.[30] The BBC's Unnatural Histories presents evidence that Orellana, rather than exaggerating his claims as previously thought, was correct in his observations that a complex civilization was flourishing along the Amazon in the 1540s.

and,

Since the 1970s, numerous geoglyphs have been discovered on deforested land dating between AD 1–1250, furthering claims about Pre-Columbian civilizations.[32][33] Ondemar Dias is accredited with first discovering the geoglyphs in 1977, and Alceu Ranzi is credited with furthering their discovery after flying over Acre.[31][34] The BBC's Unnatural Histories presented evidence that the Amazon rainforest, rather than being a pristine wilderness, has been shaped by man for at least 11,000 years through practices such as forest gardening and terra preta.[31] Terra preta is found over large areas in the Amazon forest; and is now widely accepted as a product of indigenous soil management. The development of this fertile soil allowed agriculture and silviculture in the previously hostile environment; meaning that large portions of the Amazon rainforest are probably the result of centuries of human management, rather than naturally occurring as has previously been supposed.

bolding mine

LINK

Dimensional said:

"Every year about 150 species of animal goes extinct."

===

Flat out lie:

You're right. It's much worse.

from How many species are we losing?.

Just to illustrate the degree of biodiversity loss we're facing, let’s take you through one scientific analysis...
  • The rapid loss of species we are seeing today is estimated by experts to be between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural extinction rate.*
  • These experts calculate that between 0.01 and 0.1% of all species will become extinct each year.
  • If the low estimate of the number of species out there is true - i.e. that there are around 2 million different species on our planet** - then that means between 200 and 2,000 extinctions occur every year.
  • But if the upper estimate of species numbers is true - that there are 100 million different species co-existing with us on our planet - then between 10,000 and 100,000 species are becoming extinct each year.

It may take a awhile but climate change should solve that problem
Too many people is part of that problem. And the "solution" you speak of is like throwing the baby out with the bath water. Unfortunately, our world is run by self serving devils. Some of whom view extinction not as a problem, but a solution. The filthy, criminally insane scum!

You suck.

supernatural-crowley.gif

“Fretting about overpopulation, is a perfect guilt-free – indeed, sanctimonious – way for progressives to be racists. Way too many of those people, just the right amount of me

P.J. O'Rourke

A lot of what you posted is exaggerations some are just lies since there is no evidence for this claim at all:

===

Flat out lie:

===

This is pure bullshit!

There are plenty of evidence of stress to point too but lying and exaggeration isn't a proper basis for concern to build on.

The Amazon was actually transformed centuries ago when there was widespread habitation in the region that is now covered over:

Wikipedia,

Human activity​

Based on archaeological evidence from an excavation at Caverna da Pedra Pintada, human inhabitants first settled in the Amazon region at least 11,200 years ago.[26] Subsequent development led to late-prehistoric settlements along the periphery of the forest by AD 1250, which induced alterations in the forest cover.

and,

However, recent anthropological findings have suggested that the region was actually densely populated. Some 5 million people may have lived in the Amazon region in AD 1500, divided between dense coastal settlements, such as that at Marajó, and inland dwellers.[29] By 1900, the population had fallen to 1 million and by the early 1980s it was less than 200,000.

and,

The first European to travel the length of the Amazon River was Francisco de Orellana in 1542.[30] The BBC's Unnatural Histories presents evidence that Orellana, rather than exaggerating his claims as previously thought, was correct in his observations that a complex civilization was flourishing along the Amazon in the 1540s.

and,

Since the 1970s, numerous geoglyphs have been discovered on deforested land dating between AD 1–1250, furthering claims about Pre-Columbian civilizations.[32][33] Ondemar Dias is accredited with first discovering the geoglyphs in 1977, and Alceu Ranzi is credited with furthering their discovery after flying over Acre.[31][34] The BBC's Unnatural Histories presented evidence that the Amazon rainforest, rather than being a pristine wilderness, has been shaped by man for at least 11,000 years through practices such as forest gardening and terra preta.[31] Terra preta is found over large areas in the Amazon forest; and is now widely accepted as a product of indigenous soil management. The development of this fertile soil allowed agriculture and silviculture in the previously hostile environment; meaning that large portions of the Amazon rainforest are probably the result of centuries of human management, rather than naturally occurring as has previously been supposed.

bolding mine

LINK

Your idiocy is disgusting. Or maybe it is just willful ignorance. If you doubt anything I said, look it up for yourself. And you think that the Amazon was once largely populated? Where are they now. Also, were there fewer trees in the Amazon because of human population? Well look at the American forests. How the old growth forests have declined over the years.

Old-Growth-Forests-in-US (1).png

Dimensional said:

Just to illustrate the degree of biodiversity loss we're facing, let’s take you through one scientific analysis...
  • The rapid loss of species we are seeing today is estimated by experts to be between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural extinction rate.*
  • These experts calculate that between 0.01 and 0.1% of all species will become extinct each year.
  • If the low estimate of the number of species out there is true - i.e. that there are around 2 million different species on our planet** - then that means between 200 and 2,000 extinctions occur every year.
  • But if the upper estimate of species numbers is true - that there are 100 million different species co-existing with us on our planet - then between 10,000 and 100,000 species are becoming extinct each year.

No, it wasn't a flat out lie. Maybe the information I received wasn't quite right. But that doesn't mean I lied. Though I do appreciate you putting sunset in his, her or its place on the matter.

Your idiocy is disgusting. Or maybe it is just willful ignorance. If you doubt anything I said, look it up for yourself. And you think that the Amazon was once largely populated? Where are they now. Also, were there fewer trees in the Amazon because of human population? Well look at the American forests. How the old growth forests have declined over the years.

View attachment 763777

NASA seems to disagree with your map

12051_Forest_Dynamics_1024.jpg

“Fretting about overpopulation, is a perfect guilt-free – indeed, sanctimonious – way for progressives to be racists. Way too many of those people, just the right amount of me

P.J. O'Rourke

If what you posted was said by somebody named P.J. O'Rourke, what a douchbag that person is or was.

NASA seems to disagree with your map

View attachment 763779

My pictures showed what happened to old growth forests. Some have started to regrow. But old growth forests had some very large trees. I saw old logging pictures of trees that were cut down that I think were American chestnut trees. (Which are basically extinct now) The trunks of some of those trees had to be at least 10 feet across. Also, there is a national forest north of where I live. It was clear cut at one time. Much of it was replanted. With pine trees that are valuable to the lumber industry. There isn't much biodiversity in that regard.

Dimensional said:

A lot of undefined estimates and wild guesses since they don't provide real field work or real data which you fell for what a shmuck you are.

This one is from the Internationally credible organization that actually tracks real life situations and have listings of life forms in varying stages of endangered status.

red-list-extinct-species.jpg

What is The IUCN Red List?​

Established in 1964, The International Union for Conservation of Nature’s Red List of Threatened Species has evolved to become the world’s most comprehensive information source on the global conservation status of animal, fungi and plant species.

The IUCN Red List is a critical indicator of the health of the world’s biodiversity. Far more than a list of species and their status, it is a powerful tool to inform and catalyze action for biodiversity conservation and policy change, critical to protecting the natural resources we need to survive. It provides information about range, population size, habitat and ecology, use and/or trade, threats, and conservation actions that will help inform necessary conservation decisions.

LINK

View attachment 763777

I provided the source that answers the question where they are but alas you are too busy to bother reading in my source here is what you missed and what I have known for years:

Wikipedia:

"The first European to travel the length of the Amazon River was Francisco de Orellana in 1542.[30] The BBC's Unnatural Histories presents evidence that Orellana, rather than exaggerating his claims as previously thought, was correct in his observations that a complex civilization was flourishing along the Amazon in the 1540s. It is believed that civilization was later devastated by the spread of diseases from Europe, such as smallpox."

bolding mine

You tried a bad RED HERRING attempt since the discussion was AMAZON Rain forests which YOU brought up in the first place. :laugh:

Now who is the idiot again.............. :cool:

Global warming is bad enough. But there is another BIG problem! Overpopulation. About a month ago there was a very interesting news segment on the TV show 60 Minutes. It was called, The Vanishing Wild. Nothing in it was a surprise to me, but they did make some interesting points. (Some come from the show, some are my own) Such as that the last time human life was sustainable on Earth was in 1970. When there was around 3.5 billion people on Earth. Now there are over 8 billion. In the past 50 years, global wildlife has decreased by 69%. Every year about 150 species of animal goes extinct. We are consuming 175% more than the Earth can regenerate. And though it is possible that could included fossil fuels in that, I doubt if they meant that.

Also, the U.S. is losing soil 10 times faster than its natural replenishment rate. Each year we lose around 960 million tons of topsoil. Places like China and India are even worse. They are losing soil at 30 to 40 times faster than its natural replenishment rate. Another thing is that in the Amazon alone, each day about 200,000 acres of forest is burned. That is around 78 million acres a year.

Another point is that every single day there are about 228,000 more people on the planet than there was the day before. But the population of White people isn't rising. In some places it is even going down a little. Despite all this, that moron Biden is letting just about everybody from south of the border that wants to enter the U.S. to do so. Why would he care. That old douchbag doesn't have much longer to live anyway. So what is the future matter to him. (Not that republicans are any better)

There was a movie made once that was very very loosely based on an actual event called "Abandon Ship!" It was about the captain of a lifeboat who had to turn people away so that those on the lifeboat could survive. We are in the same position. When swarms of humans begin to be like swarms of locusts, what is needed is come crop dusting with insecticide. Or "humacide." Not letting them in to increase their swarm here. Which they are. I will include the URL of the 60 Minutes episode I mentioned. I doubt if it will work. So you will just have to go to youtube and look up the episode yourself. I suggest you watch it.

If there is a problem, I suspect nature will take care of it. We do live in a logical universe after all, where every effect had a cause.

A lot of undefined estimates and wild guesses since they don't provide real field work or real data which you fell for what a shmuck you are.

This one is from the Internationally credible organization that actually tracks real life situations and have listings of life forms in varying stages of endangered status.

red-list-extinct-species.jpg

What is The IUCN Red List?​

Established in 1964, The International Union for Conservation of Nature’s Red List of Threatened Species has evolved to become the world’s most comprehensive information source on the global conservation status of animal, fungi and plant species.

The IUCN Red List is a critical indicator of the health of the world’s biodiversity. Far more than a list of species and their status, it is a powerful tool to inform and catalyze action for biodiversity conservation and policy change, critical to protecting the natural resources we need to survive. It provides information about range, population size, habitat and ecology, use and/or trade, threats, and conservation actions that will help inform necessary conservation decisions.

LINK

Try this website on for size. I could very well be that 150 species going extinct each year could be a ridiculously low number.

wwf.panda.org › discover › our_focusHow many species are we losing? | WWF - Panda

I provided the source that answers the question where they are but alas you are too busy to bother reading in my source here is what you missed and what I have known for years:

Wikipedia:

"The first European to travel the length of the Amazon River was Francisco de Orellana in 1542.[30] The BBC's Unnatural Histories presents evidence that Orellana, rather than exaggerating his claims as previously thought, was correct in his observations that a complex civilization was flourishing along the Amazon in the 1540s. It is believed that civilization was later devastated by the spread of diseases from Europe, such as smallpox."

bolding mine

You tried a bad RED HERRING attempt since the discussion was AMAZON Rain forests which YOU brought up in the first place. :laugh:

Wikipedia:

bolding mine

You are bringing up bullshit. Sure, there may have been more indians in the Amazon back then. But I doubt if it had much of an impact on the Amazon as a whole. Because it is a very difficult place to live in. And the soil is poor. The bugs are also a nightmare. Also, after whatever indians may have died from disease brought from Europe, those who survived didn't explode in population again. So, do you want to continue on with this side issue? Or would you like to address the points I made in my thread.

Forum List

Back