Human Pollution.

If there is a problem, I suspect nature will take care of it. We do live in a logical universe after all, where every effect had a cause.

The way nature is going to take care of it is in a mass extinction. Only somebody who is criminally insane would view that as an option.

There IS no "overpopulation problem." The not so distant future will be facing a serious declining population problem.

The way nature is going to take care of it is in a mass extinction. Only somebody who is criminally insane would view that as an option.
It wouldn't be the first time. That is if that happened. An option? It is what it is and will be what it will be despite your objections.

There IS no "overpopulation problem." The not so distant future will be facing a serious declining population problem.
Just out of curiosity, in what sort of social environment do you live: suburbs, urban, rural, wilderness, outer space?

Just out of curiosity, in what sort of social environment do you live: suburbs, urban, rural, wilderness, outer space?
To answer your real question, I work in a very urban, densely populated school district.

I believe I also have some understanding of the field. What in demographics tells you that we are not suffering from overpopulation? Is it the rate of poverty and starvation worldwide and the trends for those parameters? Is it the amount of clean drinking water available per person and that trend? How about the food available per person and that trend? How about wars caused by resource conflicts (ie, all wars)? Where in demographics do you find a rosy picture of the immediate future?

For how long do you believe those trends will continue? What population do you believe the Earth can comfortably support? The current population is 7.888 billion and the UN believes it will continue to rise to 10.4 billion by 2086 and then start to slowly fall with a growth rate of -0.1% by 2100. What do you envision conditions to be like after 2086 and beyond?

Because I understand demographics.

Do you really? since there are species being overharvested already and that overharvesting life for human consumption can dilute genetic diversity everywhere and damage the Rabbit and Wolf population cycles that get broken down we are already having to feed Deer and Elk hay to stop their suffering since there were not enough wolves around to cull them.

There is only so much FRESH clean water available for crops then when that limit is reached then hydroponics becomes more important in order to increase the ability to RECLAIM clear water or food production finally stops increasing anymore.

The Crab and Blue Tuna industry are now under catch limits and even shutdowns to help their numbers stop dropping further because there are too many humans consuming them.

It goes on and on as humans are overpopulated which is why we have so many endangered lives around the world and why large cities are cesspool of unhappy crime hell holes they become when there are too many humans packed into a small area.

Forum List

Back