Huffpo: '16 And President: A Day On The Trail With Rick Perry

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
slide_200431_530795_free.jpg

Rick Perry (R-TX) - Photo source.​

A pretty neat write-up on Rick Perry, it shows an interesting, very human side of him:

16 And President A Day On The Trail With Rick Perry

It also hints very strongly that he is indeed planning to run for the GOP nomination again. In fact, he already has a campaign manager, who also speaks in the video.

Good VIDEO at the link, you should watch it. It's 8:36 in length and shows a very warm, human, intelligent and motivated side of Rick Perry. Whether you like him or not, the video is worth the time.

Perry does a really, really good self-analysis of what went wrong with his 2012 campaign at the 3:30 to 4:30 mark. I mean, you cannot watch it and not like the guy. I don't know if I would vote for him, but I do like him as a person, to be sure. At 7:05 into the video, he makes a promise about something he would do on his first day in office, were he to be elected. He meets up with another GOP potential candidate at 8:00. Go see it for yourself.

From the link:

...The truth of the matter, however, is that the opportunity to travel around the country on someone else’s dime, chronicling the process of selecting the next leader of the free world, is not something to complain about. It can be a whole lot of fun, and even in the midst of the longest travel delay or the most intestinally unsound gas station meal, the experience for journalists doesn’t come close to matching the hardships that the candidates endure.

They’re the ones who have to be “on” every moment, as the media obsess over trivialities like not tipping at Chipotle and their preferred style of microphone. There are all those inane questions that the candidates have to answer ad nauseam and the many cold calls they have to make to near-strangers, in order to beg for money.

And when things go south in any campaign, the candidate is the one who suffers the embarrassment that comes with falling short in front of an audience of millions.

No one knows this better than former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R), whose disastrous 2012 White House run hit its nadir one memorable November night on a debate stage in Michigan, when a four-letter cry of rhetorical surrender -- “oops” -- slipped meekly from his lips and took its place in the annals of campaign trail infamy.

After ending his 14-year tenure in Austin earlier this year, Perry is now gearing up for a second shot at the presidency. Though he is not yet officially in the race, all signs are pointing to “go,” as the 65-year-old Republican maintains a busy schedule with plenty of travel time to the early voting states.

Few doubt that Perry would be a factor in the GOP primary. His record of spearheading economic growth in Texas remains impressive, his retail politicking skills are among the strongest in the field, and he’ll presumably benefit from having done it all once before...

...I wanted to get a deeper sense of what is driving Perry to re-enter the fray, in spite of all the obstacles in front of him. I also hoped to learn more about the man who has in some ways been reduced to caricature.

So with two camera crews in tow, I hit the trail with Perry for a full day during a recent campaign-style swing through New Hampshire. Watch the video above.

Much more at the article to read and absorb.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. What impressions did the video make upon you? Anything you noticed in the video that surprised you?

Forum List

Back