HR1, the first Bill to pass under Biden has serious consequences

How about an actual link?
Trumpers don't DO links
His link is in the OP. Just because you didnt like the news video, doesnt mean it isnt a link or legit.

An opinion piece is not a link to anything but an opinion.

Read the bill.
You first.

It does not ‘authorize’ non-citizens to vote:

To receive a Covid vaccine, people have to stand in long lines and show an ID.
Why not when it comes to insuring a fair election?

Because it isn't necessary
Well, I suppose there are a number of other ways to determine you are, who you say you are......but showing a photo ID is really the easiest way to do that.

We require IDs all the time to do just that....for things far less important then free and fair elections. The reality is that the left really doesn't care about keeping our elections safe and fair.

This move by the left, and using a COVID relief bill to extort it's way through, is a massive assault on our democracy.

Authoritarian regimes throughout history, have always first attempted to undermine the election process. This is no different

Because most covid vax sites are BY APPT and most of them KNOW that you are legal residents of THAT COUNTY. Or is often the case with hospitals doing public vaccinations, they are vaccinating anyone who is an out patient in their chain of clinics. Who doesn't HAVE an ID to buy beer? Show me the numbers.

For a mod you sure rant a lot. I haven't had to show an ID to buy beer in a long time. EVERYONE registered to vote already has an ID. Why is this so hard for so many to be able to comprehend? All despite the fact that you got an ID when you registered and you still can't quite grasp this.

Well, I suppose there are a number of other ways to determine you are, who you say you are......but showing a photo ID is really the easiest way to do that.

We require IDs all the time to do just that....for things far less important then free and fair elections. The reality is that the left really doesn't care about keeping our elections safe and fair.

This move by the left, and using a COVID relief bill to extort it's way through, is a massive assault on our democracy.

Authoritarian regimes throughout history, have always first attempted to undermine the election process. This is no different

There you go. So many are unwilling to actually say what they really want. There is NOTHING stopping states from issuing photo ID cards when people register to vote now. Nothing. Why do you suppose they don't?

Now I'm not going to jump through additional hoops to get one and you will have to step up and fund them but NO court is going to require anyone take additional steps to vote.

Despite this probably being the most scrutinized election ever it's not going to stop your ranting over something that politicians lead you around by the nose over.

Why aren't states issuing photo ID registration cards now? There is nothing stopping them.

Because most covid vax sites are BY APPT and most of them KNOW that you are legal residents of THAT COUNTY. Or is often the case with hospitals doing public vaccinations, they are vaccinating anyone who is an out patient in their chain of clinics. Who doesn't HAVE an ID to buy beer? Show me the numbers.

For a mod you sure rant a lot. I haven't had to show an ID to buy beer in a long time. EVERYONE registered to vote already has an ID. Why is this so hard for so many to be able to comprehend? All despite the fact that you got an ID when you registered and you still can't quite grasp this.
Maybe because you look obviously over 21....the name on the register doesn't have a photo...at least not in my state, so the name has to match the person going to vote. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

There you go. So many are unwilling to actually say what they really want. There is NOTHING stopping states from issuing photo ID cards when people register to vote now. Nothing. Why do you suppose they don't?

Now I'm not going to jump through additional hoops to get one and you will have to step up and fund them but NO court is going to require anyone take additional steps to vote.

Despite this probably being the most scrutinized election ever it's not going to stop your ranting over something that politicians lead you around by the nose over.

Why aren't states issuing photo ID registration cards now? There is nothing stopping them.
Because the DMV already does it.....why does the State have to fork out more money and do it twice?

You don't need to jump through more hoops....just use the same process the State has already been using.

Maybe because you look obviously over 21....the name on the register doesn't have a photo...at least not in my state, so the name has to match the person going to vote. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

So we can drop that argument?

Because the DMV already does it.....why does the State have to fork out more money and do it twice?

The DMV issues drivers license. Are you really unaware that the state is Constitutionally forbidden to charge people anything to vote? You want to institutionalize a poll tax again? How about separate drinking fountains?

You don't need to jump through more hoops....just use the same process the State has already been using.

I already have a voters ID. It was issued to me when I registered to vote.

So we can drop that argument?
Yeah...there is absolutely no reason not to require the ID, and every reason to require it. Glad you came around

The DMV issues drivers license. Are you really unaware that the state is Constitutionally forbidden to charge people anything to vote? You want to institutionalize a poll tax again? How about separate drinking fountains?

The DMV issues DL, and photo IDs....and every Voter ID law I have seen, waves the cost of an ID....but also gives numerous examples of IDs that would already work.

Good for you, that's great your State does that....but not necessary for every State to do so.

The DMV issues DL, and photo IDs....and every Voter ID law I have seen, waves the cost of an ID....but also gives numerous examples of IDs that would already work.

Good for you, that's great your State does that....but not necessary for every State to do so.

Yes they do. You aren't happy with my state. My voters registration card does not have my picture on it. It's also all I'll ever need to vote.

You refuse to answer my question just as everyone I ask. There is NOTHING stopping any state from issuing a voters registration card with a picture on it. Nothing. Why does no state do this?

Yes they do. You aren't happy with my state. My voters registration card does not have my picture on it. It's also all I'll ever need to vote.

You refuse to answer my question just as everyone I ask. There is NOTHING stopping any state from issuing a voters registration card with a picture on it. Nothing. Why does no state do this?
Oh, yes, that does concern me about your State....anyone can come up and claim to be you...certainly not as secure as it could be...and our elections are quite more important the a 6 pack of beer....which I am sure your state would require on demand, or not sell.

I did answer that question, I can't obviously speak for every single state, but I gave a valid reason why....there is no need to make more then one card, and make citizens jump through more hoops when photo IDs are already being made by the State....free of charge if need be. Why the need to make another?

Oh, yes, that does concern me about your State....anyone can come up and claim to be you...

No they can't. You have to prove it's you with three forms of I.D. when you register to vote.

Please learn about this stuff before posting about it. Have you never actually registered to vote yourself?

certainly not as secure as it could be...and our elections are quite more important the a 6 pack of beer....which I am sure your state would require on demand, or not sell.

I did answer that question, I can't obviously speak for every single state, but I gave a valid reason why....there is no need to make more then one card, and make citizens jump through more hoops when photo IDs are already being made by the State....free of charge if need be. Why the need to make another?

Not everyone drives.

Oh, yes, that does concern me about your State....anyone can come up and claim to be you...

No they can't. You have to prove it's you with three forms of I.D. when you register to vote.

Please learn about this stuff before posting about it. Have you never actually registered to vote yourself?

certainly not as secure as it could be...and our elections are quite more important the a 6 pack of beer....which I am sure your state would require on demand, or not sell.

Not everyone drives.
I am not talking about registering to vote, I am talking about when you go to the voting booth.

Yes, I've registered, years ago....don't recall having to show three forms of ID, pretty sure I just filled out a form, and then when I moved did the same. ....

When I vote now, I simply walk in, show the person my photo ID, they match it to my name on the registered list, ask my address, and then I go vote....very simple...that way they can look at my photo, me, and match it to my name to make sure I am the correct person voting.

Not everyone drives.
I am not talking about registering to vote, I am talking about when you go to the voting booth.

Yes, I've registered, years ago....don't recall having to show three forms of ID, pretty sure I just filled out a form, and then when I moved did the same. ....

Perhaps you might want to check your states requirements before talking about things you do not remember.

When I vote now, I simply walk in, show the person my photo ID, they match it to my name on the registered list, ask my address, and then I go vote....very simple...that way they can look at my photo, me, and match it to my name to make sure I am the correct person voting.

Great. When I vote I show my voters registration card. You still haven't answered my question. Why is NO state issuing photo ID registration cards? There is nothing stopping them.

Not everyone drives.

Perhaps you might want to check your states requirements before talking about things you do not remember.

Great. When I vote I show my voters registration card. You still haven't answered my question. Why is NO state issuing photo ID registration cards? There is nothing stopping them.
The requirements have certainly changed in 20 years.....no need for me to recheck since I'm already registered you can actually register to vote on line in my state, website says it takes an average of two minutes to do....

Cool, and that's good, but not very secure, as I highlighted.

I have answered your question twice now....at least to a potential reason why some might not be. I'll do it a third time, hopefully that's a charm. Because states already make photo IDs, and in my state, you can register to vote, at the same place you get that ID. Why make another ID? Why require, and spend more money when they are already making them?

Oh sweet baby Jeezus, release them pearls, the Grim Reaper still has his dark power.

When or if that goes, watch out Pearls!

Not everyone drives.

The requirements have certainly changed in 20 years.....no need for me to recheck since I'm already registered you can actually register to vote on line in my state, website says it takes an average of two minutes to do....

There is no need for anyone that has already registered to do anything.

I have answered your question twice now....at least to a potential reason why some might not be. I'll do it a third time, hopefully that's a charm. Because states already make photo IDs, and in my state, you can register to vote, at the same place you get that ID. Why make another ID? Why require, and spend more money when they are already making them?

You don't pay for that I.D.?

Not everyone drives.

sure there is, as I already explained the massive hole in your system....when you show up to vote, there is no way for the person working the poll, to tell if you are you, without a photo ID....anyone can come in and say "I am John Doe"

I did, because mine is also a DL, but if you simply want a ID, the state doesn't require a few, now that they are used for voting as well. I have already told you this, just like I already answered your question....I am beginning to think you actually don't read people's responses to your questions or post...it's very concerning.

Not everyone drives.

sure there is, as I already explained the massive hole in your system....when you show up to vote, there is no way for the person working the poll, to tell if you are you, without a photo ID....anyone can come in and say "I am John Doe"

I did, because mine is also a DL, but if you simply want a ID, the state doesn't require a few, now that they are used for voting as well. I have already told you this, just like I already answered your question....I am beginning to think you actually don't read people's responses to your questions or post...it's very concerning.

You are looking for problems where there are none. I've already also noted that there is NOTHING stopping a state from issuing a photo voter registration card.

So there must be something else you are arguing.

Forum List

Back