Howard Dean wants the Democratic Party to fight GOP against racism

The Dem Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the Fractured Confederate States Of America.
One Nation Under Lucifer...

Howard Dean says that the Democratic Party is fighting against racism…..well except for the racist Nation of Islam Democrats, racist Klan Democrats, racist La Raza Democrats, racist BLM Democrats, racist Muslim Brotherhood Democrats, racist LULAC Democrats, racist CAIR Democrats, racist Aztlan Nationalist Democrats, racist Affirmative Action advocate Democrats………

While you ascribe obviously to Herbst's characterization of racism, I do not.
  • Addressing Clients' Experiences of Racism: A Model for Clinical Practice -- Racism is "a system of oppression, whereby persons of a dominant racial group (whites in the United States) exercise power or privilege over those in nondominant groups."

That doesn't mean only whites can be racists. Rather it means that in the U.S. only whites can be racist. In other nations, whites would not be eligible for being racists.
Though Herbst's conception is convenient and seemingly apt, it fails to include systematized racism whereby members of the majority need not overtly "beat the racist drum" (or the anti-racist one) and at the same time benefit from the efforts of those who do. Racism is, IMO, odious enough that one must actively earn one's exculpation from it by unequivocally demonstrating one is not a racist.

I feel differently about other issues, but because one can so easily be a clandestine racist, because so many of the worst acts that racism spawned were performed under hoods and under the cover of literal darkness, I am of the mind that each and every one of us white folks must proclaim our affinity and then, by our deeds, show our attestation to be genuine. I don't see any other way to identify and hopefully cull racists from our society.

Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend.
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within.
Smiling faces, Smiling Faces, Sometimes they don't tell the truth.
Smiling faces, smiling faces tell lies and I got proof.
The truth is in the eye 'cause the eyes don't lie, amen.
Remember, a smile is just a frown turned upside down my friend.
So, hear me when I'm saying
Beware. Beware of the handshake that hides the snake,
I'm tellin' you beware of the pat on the back it just might hold you back.
Jealousy, (Jealousy) misery, (misery) envy.
I tell you you can't see behind
Your enemy won't do you no harm, 'cause you'll know where he's comin' from;
don't let the handshake and the smile fool ya.
Take my advice I'm only tryin' to school ya.
-- Strong and Whitfield​

I watched the recent events in Charlottesville. What did I see? I saw a bunch of white supremacists, Neo Nazis and the like who, but for their carrying those signs, I'd, encountering them in the routine course of my life, have no idea of the hatred they have for literally millions of their fellow citizens. I saw people who look just like me. Contrast that with the minorities who are the objects of their loathing. I and the haters have no difficulty picking those folks out of a crowd.

When I put myself into the minds of minority, it becomes very clear that just as I cannot readily discern who is and is not a racist, they can't either. So where does that leave my minority countrymen? It leaves them each and every time they meet a white person, because it's become clear there still are in the U.S. many racists (overt or covert), having to figure out whether that person is a racist, and if so, to what extent, not that any extent is acceptable, but they still needs to know the extent so they can appropriately manage the nature and extent of their interaction with that person, if only to stave off suffering the emotional hurt that will surely come from having overvalued a relationship with another who, unbeknownst, truly has no respect for them.

I don't really have a specific racial context by which I can illustrate what that might be like. In my mind, I liken it to what unrequited affection feels like. I think most folks have a story of their being "into" some guy or gal with whom they got the wrong impression and, upon revealing that one has more than a platonic attraction to the individual, was informed that the other person "isn't into you like that." The difference being that in such instances the object of the affection probably didn't intend to send the wrong signals, whereas clandestine racists to a point -- the point of not being "out of the closet" about their racism -- definitely do.

Even as most folks don't want to give the wrong impression, nobody enjoys falling prey to having gotten the wrong impression. As if that's not bad enough re: romantic matters, it's no less hurtful when the situation is platonic and one thought one had a sincere friend or acquaintance only to find out nothing of the sort was so. Indeed platonic cases may be worse for there's no readily understandable reason for such things.​

The Democratic Party has devolved into just calling people racist whilst pandering to its racist voter base.
It's a sure sign that left wingers are totally psychotic with hate.

Forum List

Back