How would you respond to a text message like this from your mother??

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
My mom has a habit of sending aggressive text messages. She sent a text to me saying."give me a call when you get a chance between Friday and Sunday? HUH?

I told her she can't tell a grown person when to call her back. Have you ever heard of something this crazy? My mom's excuse was......."You should have time for your mother". I tried telling her I have a NEW LIFE but she refuses to adjust and wants things her way. That type of text comes off like telling someone YOU HAVE 2 DAYS to return my back. She is about to be BLOCKED

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom has a habit of sending aggressive text messages. She sent a text to me saying."give me a call when you get a chance between Friday and Sunday? HUH?

I told her she can't tell a grown person when to call her back. Have you ever heard of something this crazy? My mom's excuse was......."You should have time for your mother". I tried telling her I have a NEW LIFE but she refuses to adjust and wants things her way. That type of text comes off like telling someone YOU HAVE 2 DAYS to return my back. She is about to be BLOCKED

You're a hard man, Charley Brown.

How the fuck can you tell someone when to call you back?

Dear fbj
Mothers are always going to want to hear from their kids, at any age.

You might take it as a compliment she WANTS to hear from you more!

You may feel this way now, but after your mother is gone,
you may miss having the luxury of complaining of her bugging you too much.

She loves you very much, and will always feel connected
to you, even if you don't want to be nagged, babied or bugged.

The more you can love your mother, and the better
you can work out how to communicate with her,
you will succeed in the same with your female and romantic relations.

Consider this part of the challenge.
When potential wives look at how their potential
husbands TREAT and talk about their mothers and/or sisters,
that's how they are going to treat their WIVES.

so use this as an exercise to work on your
hardest communication issues, and the effort
you invest will pay off when it comes to your
close relations with women you want to be able
to understand and communicate clearly with.

Try to love your mother the way you
want to be able to connect and talk with
the woman or women in your life.

Dear fbj

How come I was able to go 5 weeks without talking to her when I was in college???????????? Now that I am a grown man and living on my own she all needy and shit

You dumb-ass. She is telling you that she wants your input before she makes an executive decision. That decision will either be made by Sunday night or Monday.

Dear fbj

How come I was able to go 5 weeks without talking to her when I was in college???????????? Now that I am a grown man and living on my own she all needy and shit

Because you are a grown man and living on your own...….she's your mother, show some respect!!! Call her on Saturday afternoon and every Saturday afternoon at the same time each & every time.

She still needs to know she is a part of your life......even if it's for a few minutes once a week. It may be annoying to you, but one day she will be gone and you will then wish she was still there so you could call her.

Just DO it

If she just hit the lottery bet your going to wish you had called. Suck it up man! just give her 2 minutes of your time!

How rude you are! Ever think there is a good reason that she talks to you before Monday? How is that so different than, please give me a call when you get a chance.

Thank the Lord I have a son who would look at that message and call and call me right back to make sure all is well.

I am so blessed!

Easy...

Me: Call me back around noon so that I'll be expecting your call, cause if you call a lot later than that, I might be drunk and ignore the mother fuckin phone.

Other Person: OK

It's that fuckin easy. I thought you was black, let me introduce you to a guy who makes funny YouTube videos, he might help you with you social skills.

Dear fbj

Because you are a grown man and living on your own...….she's your mother, show some respect!!! Call her on Saturday afternoon and every Saturday afternoon at the same time each & every time.

She still needs to know she is a part of your life......even if it's for a few minutes once a week. It may be annoying to you, but one day she will be gone and you will then wish she was still there so you could call her.

Just DO it

I'd go further than that. There are very few people that you trust outside of your kid.

FBJ should get a reminder of the care and thought she gave to him all the years in raising him the best she could. It does seem that despite her best efforts, she brought up a thoughtless punk.

Dear fbj

Just DO it

I'd go further than that. There are very few people that you trust outside of your kid.

There's that...…...and the fact that mothers will always think of their kids as 'their kids' or 'their little baby' no matter how old they are.

Dear fbj

Just DO it

There's that...…...and the fact that mothers will always think of their kids as 'their kids' or 'their little baby' no matter how old they are.

Yes. I agree. But, I think that if I give my kid a stipulation then it means that I am making a decision that will impact you or that I have to make this decision and I value what you have to say. These are the times where I can tell you and still have time to make the call or the times where I can talk only to you.

Fuckin' moms.............we have cards and codes. We have only been doing it since the look.

Dear fbj

Just DO it

I have found that my son and I are changing roles. Where I used to do everything I could for him to strive for the best life, he now does it for me as I age in the twilight of years. But he still calls me Mama. Nice. ;)

1. My mother would never text me. She'd just call.
  2. I'd never need an excuse to call her back.
  3. Your mother deserves a better son than you. She has my sympathies.

Forum List

Back